• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ontario Knife Company

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Been eyeballing a couple Ontario blades for a long while now, but due to our rather restrictive knife laws here in TN buying one didn't make much sense. Now that our Governor signed a bill abolishing blade length restriction I figured I'd celebrate and order a couple new tools...

RAK - Ranger Assault Knife

Blade Length - 6.75 in (17 cm)
Blade Thickness - 0.19 in (0.48 cm)
Blade Material - 1095 Carbon Steel
Blade Hardness - 53-55 HRC
Blade Finish - Powder Coat
Blade Grind - Flat
Blade Color - Black
Edge Type - Plain
Overall Length - 12 in (31 cm)
Overall Weight - 10.6 oz
Handle Color - Black
Sheath Type - MOLLE Compatible
Sheath Material - Nylon
Sheath Color - Black
Country of Origin - United States of America

SP8 - Spec Plus 8

Blade Length - 10 in (25 cm)
Blade Thickness - 0.26 in (0.7 cm)
Blade Material - 1095 Carbon Steel
Blade Hardness - 53-58 HRC
Blade Finish - Powder Coat
Blade Grind - Flat
Blade Color - Black
Edge Type - Plain
Overall Length - 15 in (38 cm)
Overall Weight - 22.8 oz
Handle Color - Black
Sheath Type - Belt Loop
Sheath Material - Leather Cordura
Sheath Color - Black
Country of Origin - United States of America

Effective July 1st I'll be able to legally carry either one whether I'm out fishing, camping, or for EDC if I so choose. It's a small win, but I'll take it. Nice to get some rights back for a change. Both should arrive on Wednesday and I'll post up some pics...

I've wanted a SP8 for a while now. You might have just made me jump in!

Yes Sir, it's been a while for me too. Picked it up on Amazon for $49 with free shipping.

Here's a pretty good field test video of the SP8...

I'd agree it's better suited as a multi-purpose camp tool rather than a machete. More of a substitute for a hatchet than anything. Can't wait to put it to work...

cool tool, that's exactly what I have an ax for but around here if you don't have an ax your a communist lol. I really like the knife you ordered personally

Yeah, the RAK definitely got my attention and my life wasn't gonna be complete without one. Plan on getting a lot of use out of it. Gonna lose the scales and chord wrap the handle...

Didja notice that the SP8 blade is 1/4" thick?

Me likeeee......

I could baton split a lot of stuff with that bad boy.

Yes Sir.

Just found and added the weight specs. The SP8 weighs in at a substantial 22.8 oz...

definately want to see pics after you cord wrap that handle. ive been thinking about a RAT quite a bit, just haven't decided what length i want. what kind of sheath did the RAK come with? and is it Molle Compatible.

Congrats on the new knives SNIPER...

Got an order placed for my M9 Bayonet from Ontario...will post when it arrives !!

Congrats on the new knives SNIPER...

Got an order placed for my M9 Bayonet from Ontario...will post when it arrives !!

I saw that in your 'A1 thread.

I almost pulled the trigger on their M9 Bayonet, but opted for the RAK instead. Looking forward to your pics...

Sorry this kills me ontario knife co made in the USA guess you need to live in ontario to see the irony that's why I call them knives from home

If It Grunts Gobbles or Growls it's not gonna have a good day

Thank you Sir.

I can't wait to get them in hand.

Sorry this kills me ontario knife co made in the USA guess you need to live in ontario to see the irony that's why I call them knives from home

That threw me off a bit too, but the company is based out of Ontario County, New York...

Very nice Ontario's LES. My buddy insisted on slapping his Ontario M9 on the end of that new AR of mine. I posted the pic in the bayo thread. Got me wanting one of my own now badly. But it has to be tan/fde to fit my theme going. Hell I have a cold steel Gladiator out for cerakoting for that very reason right now lol.

While that cerakoted Gladiator will be a neat piece of battle rattle a functional bayonet is a must for my kit as well. It doesn't have to be an m9 exactly. I'm kinda inclined to lean towards Ontario's USMC version honestly. Sorry for the slight highjack LES.

ON6504.jpg

Very nice LES. I was eyeing a new GI issue Ontario machete for $39 at an army surplus store. It's the 1/8" thick with saw back and pointed tip. I won't be without one. They are great for use around the property, camping and SHTF. I have an axe and hatchet too but the machete is the first to be grabbed for smaller jobs.

Years ago we did a team building exercise at work. We had to rank 20 items for importance in a jungle survival scenario. The machete came in around 3rd.

Very nice Ontario's LES. My buddy insisted on slapping his Ontario M9 on the end of that new AR of mine. I posted the pic in the bayo thread. Got me wanting one of my own now badly. But it has to be tan/fde to fit my theme going. Hell I have a cold steel Gladiator out for cerakoting for that very reason right now lol.

While that cerakoted Gladiator will be a neat piece of battle rattle a functional bayonet is a must for my kit as well. It doesn't have to be an m9 exactly. I'm kinda inclined to lean towards Ontario's USMC version honestly. Sorry for the slight highjack LES.

ON6504.jpg

Nice, keep us posted on which way you decide to go.

Oh, and don't worry about any hijack. We're all just hangin around talkin about gear...

Very nice LES. I was eyeing a new GI issue Ontario machete for $39 at an army surplus store. It's the 1/8" thick with saw back and pointed tip. I won't be without one. They are great for use around the property, camping and SHTF. I have an axe and hatchet too but the machete is the first to be grabbed for smaller jobs.

Years ago we did a team building exercise at work. We had to rank 20 items for importance in a jungle survival scenario. The machete came in around 3rd.

No doubt a useful tool for many applications...

Back