• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, Death Count at 158 and Rising

I removed the link just in case CaddmannQ
Here is the text of an article on the French possibly invoking article 5 and pulling the US into a war:
Reports are coming in that on Monday France will invoke Article 5 of the NATO Mutual Defense Treaty. NATO’s collective defense clause compels all NATO members – including America – to fight alongside France against ISIS.
In response to Friday’s series of coordinated attacks across Paris, French President Francois Hollande declared on Saturday that France would respond with a “pitiless” war against the group responsible. Speaking from the Bataclan, the site of one of the attacks, he stated, “We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless.”
On Sunday, 10 French fighter jets pummeled the ISIS-held city of Raqqa with at least 20 bombs, according to the French defence ministry. Britain’s Mirror reported the jets hit a command and control center, jihadi recruitment center, munitions depot and a training camp.
ISIS is claiming responsibility for the Paris attacks. In an online statement in Arabic and French which authorities say appears to be genuine, the attacks are called a “miracle” carried out by “eight brothers wearing explosive vests and assault rifles.” The statement called Paris the “capital of abomination and perversion.”
The Guardian reports security analyst Charlie Winter said he has seen huge amounts of ISIS propaganda and he believes the statement is definitely from the group, though it was “put together hastily” and it is not clear whether the attacks that killed 127 people were directly ordered by ISIS or only inspired by the group.
International Business Times notes: “NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said Friday the alliance would stand with France and remain ‘strong and united’ against terrorism. Although France hasn’t announced whether it will invoke Article 5, Stoltenberg told the Journal NATO’s members stand ready to assist. ‘The important thing is we support French authorities in their determination to deal with the terrorist threat,’ he said.”
“The defense clause of NATO’s founding treaty stipulates that if invoked, each of the members will assist the party attacked,” continues IB Times. “NATO’s military resources include more than 3 million troops under arms, 25,000 aircraft and 800 oceangoing warships, according to Foreign Policy. Economically, the alliance is also an intimidating force, representing more than 50 percent of global GDP. … The only time Article 5 has been invoked was after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks on the New York and Washington, which prompted NATO’s participation in the Afghanistan military mission. Should France become the second country to do so, ambassadors of the 28 nations would need to convene for consultation to determine a plan of action. The last country to request such a consultation was Turkey after attacks by ISIS in 2014.”
Security expert Bruno Tertrais, senior research fellow with the Paris-based Fondation pour la Recherche Strategique (FRS), in speaking with DW, said, “I believe it is now time for a united front in Europe and along with our NATO allies to see whether we can coordinate better and act more vigorously against the jihadi terrorist threat in all its components. One of the things that will be discussed in the coming hours and days is whether or not the clauses of solidarity which exist in EU treaties and in the NATO treaty’s Article 5 should be called upon and put into effect. Certainly on the French side, there is a hope that our European friends and allies will also contribute to the military action against ‘Islamic State’ in Iraq and Syria in a more proactive way.”
If France involkes Article 5, it is essentially declaring war, not just an authorization for the use of military force.
However the situation is complicated by the fact that ISIS is based in Syria.
“Russia is defending Syria to assist Syrian President Bashar Assad,” notes SuperStation95. “When NATO goes to get ISIS, they will necessarily have to go into Syria … where Russia is defending. Will Russia relent and let NATO attack? Or will Russia decide this NATO action is a thinly disguised effort to unseat Bashar Assad, and cause Russia to battle NATO?”
Tertrais noted that Paris-style attacks could happen in every major Western city.
“It does not really come as a surprise,” he said. “All the intelligence services and police knew that a major attack of the kind we had [on Friday] was not only possible, but almost likely. It is the kind of attack that police has tried to prevent for several years now, but it was absolutely not a surprise. Of course, it was a huge shock, especially because of the simultaneous nature of the attacks and the fact that for the first time ever, we had suicide bombers operating on the national territory.
“It’s the combination of a new modus operandi, the suicide attack, with the number and coordination of the attacks which is particularly troubling and shocking. But that is not even the worst thing. The worst thing is that they could be testing us for an even bigger attack; at least that is a hypothesis that some of the intelligence services are working on right now. This tells me that there is both the intent and the capability to try to do serious harm to the French republic. And if they were able to do that yesterday night, they unfortunately are able and likely to do it again. And I am certain that the French government is also working on that hypothesis.”
Speculation is strong that France’s declaration will usher in World War III.
According to SuperStation 95, currently high-level discussions are taking place in Congress about whether to intern all Muslims in America, similar to the way the Japanese were interned during World War II after the Pearl Harbor attack in 1941.
“According to well-placed sources in the Defense Department,” writes SuperStation 95, “inquiries have been made by staff from the congressional leadership, asking if the camps created under the REX-84 program in the mid-1980s are available for use? When told ‘Yes’ the congressional staff revealed that discussions are taking place among the highest levels of U.S. congressional leadership about possibly interning ALL Muslims in the United States. … The prevailing thinking is that Muslims of today represent a much more dangerous threat than the Japanese during World War 2 and if the U.S. is going to declare war upon ISIS, it may be necessary to control the Muslim population within the USA.

This is what the Muslim refugee influx in France looks like...we must stop this!

If you are easily offended, skip this picture...

paris night club.jpg

I really don't want Putin controlling anything in the middle east, though I will say that obama sure doesn't know what he's doing and has been in well over his head since day one.

Ignorance and luck only gets you so far.

Clearly we should continue to make him uncomfortable.
No president has ever been tried as a traitor.

Is he giving aid to our enemies in an undeclared war?

Oh hell yeah!

The following states have refused to accept Syrian refugees:

Michigan
Alabama
Texas
Arkansas
Indiana
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Mississippi

I'm sure my state of NY will take them all in... Cuomo you shitstain.

My purple state of PA is taking them too. I think some of the bigger cities want them to prop up falling populations that would effect federal handouts. Great, just great:mad:

Perhaps not a big surprise, but:

President Obama today condemned those who have called for denying Syrian refugees entry to the United States because of the deadly attacks in Paris Friday.
"That's shameful. That’s not American. That’s not who we are," Obama said

G20 summit--Antalya, Turkey

Perhaps not a big surprise, but:

President Obama today condemned those who have called for denying Syrian refugees entry to the United States because of the deadly attacks in Paris Friday.
"That's shameful. That’s not American. That’s not who we are," Obama said

G20 summit--Antalya, Turkey

If we had an actual media I would like to think that he have been queried as to what point in our history we knowingly brought in people that wanted to destroy us? Hey Barry, for the record I was for cutting off all muslim refugees long before the attack on Paris.

Me too. Too much risk.

And just for the record, I wrote my Governor, and Governor elect and asked them to do the same.

You could drop them in Fresno and nobody'd notice much.
And hopefully they won't have to notice much, because this is a really cheap city to house them in.
I expect more Syrians etc here presently.

Im happy MI is rejecting them but I think we will fold due to pressure from Dearborn. We have one of the largest islamic communities in the country.

Hell, California would accept a city of satan's slaves complete with live snakes, as long as they were a poor unrecognised minority with their own unique cultural aspirations...

Hell, California would accept a city of satan's slaves complete with live snakes, as long as they were a poor unrecognised minority with their own unique cultural aspirations...

Aren't you talking about Kommiefornia's Democratic legislature? ;)

Add FL to the DENY list! Thank you, Governor Scott! :)

PS: And what do you have against snakes? o_O ;)

Last edited:
FRANKFORT, Ky. (WYMT) - Monday, Kentucky Governor-Elect Matt Bevin released a statement about Syrian refugees relocating to Kentucky.
The recent terrorist attacks in Paris serve as a warning to the entire civilized world that we must remain vigilant. It is imperative that we do everything in our power to prevent any similar attack by evildoers from taking place here in America.
My primary responsibility as Governor of Kentucky will be to protect the citizens of the Commonwealth. This is why I am joining with other governors across the country in opposing the resettlement of Syrian nationals until we can better determine the full extent of any risks to our citizens.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Kentucky's incoming Republican governor has joined governors of several states in opposing the resettlement of Syrian refugees in light of the recent terror attacks in Paris.

Republican Gov.-elect Matt Bevin's stance is at odds with Kentucky's current governor. Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear

poll:

Poll Results: Do you think Syrian refugees should be allowed in the United States?
Yes
8.33%
No
91.67%
Undecided
0.00%

-----------------------------------------

Poll Results: In the aftermath of Friday's attacks in Paris, several U.S. governors are threatening to block efforts to allow Syrian refugees into their states. What should Kentucky do?
Refuse Syrian refugees
92.60%
Allow Syrian refugees to relocate
7.40%

*All of the above are excerpts from various articles here: http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home

Article from PBS says states cannot refuse to accept refugee's.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...er-to-refuse-refugees-access-to-their-states/

U.S. governors don’t have power to refuse refugees access to their states

As authorities made sense of the aftermath from Friday’s Paris attacks and the death toll count began to stabilize, reports emerged over the weekend that a gunman involved with the coordinated bombings and shootings may have entered Europe, embedded in the scores of refugees fleeing Syria.
By Monday afternoon, the number of American state governors, many of them Republican, who released statements refusing to accept refugees ballooned to more than a dozen. The voices of opposition included presidential candidates Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Jeb Bush, who told “CBS This Morning” that the U.S. screening process should only grant refugee status to Syrian Christians.
In his letter to President Barack Obama, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R-Texas) said Texas would refrain from participating “in any program that will result in Syrian refugees — any one of whom could be connected to terrorism — being resettled in Texas.”
Governors of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Ohio and Wisconsin have all issued similar statements, promising to block Syrian refugees from entering their states.
Problem is, states don’t really have a choice.
According to Think Progress’ Ian Millhiser, the states are limited in their power to resist the intake of refugees, an action that’s specifically under the president’s purview.
Under the Refugee Act of 1980, “President Obama has explicit statutory authorization to accept foreign refugees into the United States.”
In a letter to Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Rick Scott said “it is our understanding that the state does not have the authority to prevent the federal government from funding the relocation of these Syrian refugees to Florida even without state support.”
Instead, Scott said Congress ought “to take immediate and aggressive action to prevent President Obama and his administration from using any federal tax dollars to fund the relocation of up to 425 Syrian refugees” to Florida.
Cecillia Wang of the American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement Monday that politicians were fabricating a link between the Paris attacks and Syrian refugee resettlement in the U.S.
Making policy based on this fear mongering is wrong for two reasons,” she said. “It is factually wrong for blaming refugees for the very terror they are fleeing, and it is legally wrong because it violates our laws and the values on which our country was founded.”
Presidential candidate Rand Paul introduced a bill Monday that imposed an “immediate moratorium on visas for refugees.”
The U.S. plans to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees over the next fiscal year. Some Democrats, including presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Martin O’Malley say that number should increase to 65,000 Syrian refugees. Either way, state governors will have to yield to Obama’s plan.
According to The New York Times,the U.S. has accepted 1,854 Syrian refugees as of Sept. 2015. Over the same time period, Germany has accepted nearly 93,000 refugees.
Speaking from Antalya, Turkey, on Monday, President Obama said the U.S. and other countries should continue to accept refugees leaving Syria, adding that they were the ones that are more harmed by terrorism, especially the brutal tactics of the Islamic State militants.
“Slamming the door in their faces would be a betrayal of our values,” Obama said at the close of the Group of 20 summit in Antalya. “Our nations can welcome refugees who are desperately seeking safety and ensure our own security. We can and must do both.”
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee supported Obama’s stance on providing sanctuary to Syrian refugees.
“Washington will continue to be a state that welcomes those seeking refuge from persecution, regardless of where they come from or the religion they practice,” he said.
Which states are saying no to Syrian refugee relocation?

• North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory’s statement

Our governor has said we'd still take them provided they are properly screened. What a butt head. I guess he's still looking for his lost unicorn.

I can't believe how many people want Syrian refugees, no questions asked.

Irregardless of what happened in Paris these refuges pose a terrorism risk, a tax burdon and an immunization risk. I do not want my tax dollars funding this. The President keeps using te term "we" when speaking. I do not think most of "we" agree with him.

Wait a gawddangned minute....

Why are the refugees coming here? Why don't they flee to some wonderful Moslem country? Why aren't the Moslem countries welcoming these people with open arms? Their own Moslem brothers? "No! Don't go to that evil Amerika Habibbi!!! Come to Iran! Come to Arabia! Come to Egypt, Oh my moslem brothers! Don't go live with the Infidels!!!"

You don't hear a stinkin word about that do you?

Those peace-loving moslems don't want to spend a dime to support their poor relatives. They want us to do it for free. They'll let the Palestinians starve so they can be used as a political tool. Meanwhile the stingy bastards spend billions to build millionaire playgrounds like Dubai?

Clearly the moslem world is run by the worst kind of criminals--preying on their own people and then blaming Americans--crying "Death to America!" while we take these people into our own land.

Back