• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RADIANS Vision Protection Review

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Just received my Radians "Vengeance" safety glasses this afternoon...

Protect Yourself with a Vengeance:

- Available in two frame colors: Black and Tortoise Shell
- Lightweight, stylish frame provides a comfortable fit.
- Wide temples provide extra side coverage and protection.
- Polycarbonate lens provides impact resistance.
- Includes neck cord and microfiber bag.
- Meets ANSI Z87.1+ standards and provides 99.9% UV Protection.

RADIANS: Personal Protective Equipment

Gonna head out to the range tomorrow afternoon and I'll post up a full review once I've put them through some use...

Heyyyyy...mine didn't come with a sweet Beretta. Oh man. ;)
LOL

Haha, nah that's just what I'm gonna be shoot'n tomorrow. I thought about takin my Kahr P380 and a box of Blazer aluminum too. For some reason that little thing always ejects the lighter aluminum cases straight back at my face. That'd be a real performance test for these safety glasses... :D

Well my range trip got rained out today.

I suppose I coulda just had my wife throw some spent brass at my face while wearing the Radians, but as much as she'd probably enjoy that I figured I'd just wait for a proper field test before posting up a review...

She would need to put a little spin on em too. Ask her if she wants to borrow my slingshot. Ha!
No..that wouldnt be nice. She might say yes. Ha!
Ok...I'm done kiddin..... ;)

It's been raining here since 3pm. So my outing got cancelled too. However I wore mine all day. Very light and comfortable.

ripjack13 said:
It's been raining here since 3pm. So my outing got cancelled too. However I wore mine all day. Very light and comfortable.

Yup, me too! I like the amber lenses alot!

I usually don't like amber lenses at all 'cause they make everything all yeller and make me wanna puke after a while. These Radians are different though for some reason. They don't seem to distort the color of what you're lookin at as much and don't bother me at all.

Here are a couple pics of the amber lenses;

100_7003Small.jpg

And one showing the yellow and clear lenses also.

100_7006Small.jpg

Been wearin the heck outta these things! But not to do any shooting yet. Darnit.

I forgot to mention the case!

The case the glasses come in is reinforced all the way around, from the front, around the bottom, the back and sides. Also, the other two sets of lenses are each kept in their own individual, seperate "compartment" if you will. In fact each lense has its own spot.

Only problem is I dont know which model these are so I'm doin some diggin!

Radians Eclipse RXT™
RXT™ transition technology. RXT™ will darken or lighten your lens according to the amount of light.

http://www.radians.com/main/p-213-radia ... e-rxt.aspx

The Eclipse RXT™ utilizes photochromic technology. The photochromic lenses darken or lighten according to the amount of UV rays exposed to them. The frameless design provides a unobstructed view and the aluminum alloy temples provides lightweight comfort with durable strength. Reverse hinges and adjustable nosepiece provides a custom fit. Neck cord and hard case are included. Exceeds ANSI Z87+ Standards.

p1070610968-4.jpg

p700360193-4.jpg

p766528684-4.jpg

p821546422-4.jpg

p950955376-4.jpg

p1046826042-4.jpg

p1014335585-4.jpg

Radians Vengeance™
http://www.radians.com/main/p-374-radia ... eance.aspx

Available in two frame colors: Black and Tortoise Shell
Lightweight, stylish frame provides a comfortable fit.
Wide temples provide extra side coverage and protection.
Polycarbonate lens provides impact resistance.
Includes neck cord and microfiber bag.
Meets ANSI Z87.1+ standards and provides 99.9% UV Protection.

p888999385-4.jpg

p888999385-4.jpg

p843233195-4.jpg

p950349619-4.jpg

p950349619-4.jpg

p290033379-4.jpg

p271999460-4.jpg

p25918151-4.jpg

p152291604-4.jpg

p449121637-4.jpg

Radians SHIFT™
http://www.radians.com/main/p-360-radians-shift.aspx

The SHIFT is sleek, stylish, and designed for performance. Gain the competitive edge with visual clarity and protection.

Enhanced Vision – Each interchangeable lens is designed to enhance vision in specific lighting conditions.
Secure, All-Day Wear – Soft, rubber tipped temples and nosepiece offer a secure fit and all-day comfort.
Stylish Design – The frame embodies a unique, lightweight construction for a fashionable look.
Extra Accessories – A rugged storage case, lens cleaning cloth, neck cord, and an extra nosepiece are included.
Provides 99.9% UVA/UVB protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
Meets ANSI Z87.1 + standards.

p265801677-4.jpg

p175413178-4.jpg

p108523791-4.jpg

p171326248-4.jpg

p103742658-4.jpg

p76571486-4.jpg

p466083094-4.jpg

p523013721-4.jpg

p30284826-4.jpg

p82945724-4.jpg

p477661064-4.jpg

The Radians Shift shooting glasses are the "Mossberg" of the shooting glasses world with the only pitfall being that they are not made in the U.S.A. I have had these glasses for several months now and have been used for everything from shooting at the range to hunting in the woods. There is a lens for virtually any situation you could think of. However if I was to have one request it would be to add a transition lens to the kit; with hunting I really enjoy having a transition lens so that I can wear the same lens from sun up to sun down. I wish I had a compliant but I really can not think of one. Radians really stepped it up with this set and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a set.

Ooh...that last set is sweet! Looks my old oakley razorblades.

Back