• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Time Targets, what do you use?

your too kind, it should add some freshness to shooting…probably be fun with pistols too.

Now I get it. I want one here in StL. That's a great addition to any course of fire!!! I'm sending the vid to some match directors! Great stuff.

oli700 said:
your too kind, it should add some freshness to shooting…probably be fun with pistols too.

That would be a blast with a shotgun! No pun intended lol
I see that Nutnfancy guy shooting with similar props but not quite as large and with as many positions. His are just Prone, kneeling and kind of kneeling-bent over haha

I think your's covers, shooting around corners :D

Yeah, I figure the entire left side could be for left hand shooting.
What I think would make more since then the guy in the video would be that you have to fire from the positions without coming out from behind the barrier.
That would make you have to try left handed more and frankly I want to practice staying behind something….I was thinking it would be fun and beneficial with any firearm really.
imagine trying 300 yards with a scoped rifle at all the angles, that would be challenging…..then once it turns easy it becomes a clock thing.
The slots are cut narrow enough that the rifle can’t be easly sighted without tilting it at least some so the red dot or irons can be sighted……and folks have to stuff their barrel through the cuts so they don’t shoot the barrier….the smaller vertical slot will only take a barrel, too small for the hand guard
With a shotgun it would be cool keep feeding the tube or load through the port while moving from the various positions

oli700 said:
imagine trying 300 yards with a scoped rifle at all the angles, that would be challenging...

Yeah that would be pretty rough lol Would give you lots of practice on how to support your rifle/platform at awkward angles and get a good cheek weld too

Here is what were we’re going to try tomorrow, white gong from the white paint and black gongs from the black paint…..one prone shot and a left handed shot….it’s all I gat figured out for now, probably 50 yards, might stagger them at different yards and angles….IDK trying to mix it up :cool:

Dude, I'm so jealous!

I really need to find some land around here that I can use for shooting...

Looking good Oli. I wish I had a place to shoot anything but paper which is what we are limited to at the club I belong to. You can pattern shotguns, shoot .22 and handguns at the muzzleloader range so if no one is around I fill an empty soda can with water and let my boy have at it with the 10/22. Some ranges around here won't even allow human shaped targets. Mine doesn't care so I have made up some terrorist targets.

I had tried when I moved out of the city to have a place I could shoot at the house and a stream...I missed on both.

oli700 said:
we all need to live on our own island or something

You know which one to come to!!! :D Good looking targets my friend, although they must weigh quite a bit, do they break down easily?

aksavanaman said:
oli700 said:
we all need to live on our own island or something

You know which one to come to!!! :D Good looking targets my friend, although they must weigh quite a bit, do they break down easily?

The barrier doesn’t weigh much. The feet and gongs come off of the stands but that’s it....I guess some people wouldn’t want to pack them around , or couldn’t for that matter, never really thought about that part of it.....I only pack one 200 yards one way max so it’s not the end of the world, the other goes to 50 or 100.

Little clip of my pard Tyler shooting through the barrier for the first time….harder than we both thought it would be…..mag changes were harder too. I think it will take a bunch more shooting before we throw a time factor into it. I was going through with 5 round per mag , mag changes were tougher than I thought they would be trying to put a hurry up on it, super fun though.

you can see the gongs a little better on full screen, close ones were 50 and the far one is at 100 yards

whatever one works

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbR4ihfiTIA[/youtube]

,,,,pretty neat Oli. is that part of your land you are shooting on?

OM, no not my land, its private land folks can shoot on if they clean up. Its about 3 miles from where I grew up

old mossy said:
nice country. :D
Thanks, its about 20 miles from where I currently live in the burbs. I have a real range 5 miles from my house but nothing beats this

The house

The far berm at the tree line is 200 yards

Back