• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Refinishing update NOW WITH UPDATED PICS

Re: Refinishing update

I am starting to think it might be just as cheap in the long run to have a professional do it.

Sighting in a shotgun is usually pretty simple to do and if you have anyone local that has done it before I am sure they can help you get it sighted in quickly.

DHonovich said:
Sighting in a shotgun is usually pretty simple to do and if you have anyone local that has done it before I am sure they can help you get it sighted in quickly.

Everyone i know works all the time. I can never rely on anyone for anything. I always have to do things myself or have a professional do it. I do not have a bench or any sand bags so i would have to figure something out in that regard.

Use slugs, target at approx 50 yards
Take 2-3 shots
Adjust sights
Take another 2-3 shots
Adjust/repeat as necessary

Don't forget the front sight is also adjustable for elevation, that's what the small Allen wrench that came with shotgun is for.

SoCal Choppas said:
Don't forget the front sight is also adjustable for elevation, that's what the small Allen wrench that came with shotgun is for.

I didnt know this, Thanks! In TNXD's case as the barrel was purchased seperately. I dont know if its the AR style fiber optic or the rifle sight front blade.

Rossignol said:
SoCal Choppas said:

I didnt know this, Thanks! In TNXD's case as the barrel was purchased seperately. I dont know if its the AR style fiber optic or the rifle sight front blade.

It is just a standard front ghost ring. No allen wrench came with it.

Got it back put the ati on there per derections and hand tightened it and the stock is wobbly and feels like th first time i shoot it it is going to come off there.

Here she is boys

IMAG0039.jpg

Dude, its as pretty as can be! So you have the blade front sight, like you had mentioned can be switched to the Meprolight tritium dovetailed blade. That would be cool too!

I dont have any experience with the ATI, though I know Dan has.

Rossignol said:
Dude, its as pretty as can be! So you have the blade front sight, like you had mentioned can be switched to the Meprolight tritium dovetailed blade. That would be cool too!

I dont have any experience with the ATI, though I know Dan has.

Yeah, I intend to hit dan up about it. I got the power pak off that knoxx stock, installed the limbsaver on it and put the low cheek rest on it I put the stock drop spacer and can sight fine with it now. I like the ati stock better the way it feels and the cheek weld and all that but it was wobbly back and forth down at the bottom near the trigger guard. It was weird man. I just dropped the bad boy off at All American Gun Shop in Athens, TN which is 20 minutes from my home. The dude is sighting it in for me ammo, targets, and all out to 50 yards for 40 dollars. I couldn't have done it that cheap myself I dont believe. One thing I did notice that pissed me off. The barrel is scratched under the heat shield. I think they scratched it while putting the heat shield back on. On a side note where the forend slides forward on the mag tube it was leaving white scratch marks kind of like what a nail does on metal. The cool thing about it was though when I rubbed it down with a cloth it buffed right out. I dont know if that is normal of cerakote or not but if it is that is bad ass. I intend to call Jim next week and see what he wants to do about the scratched barrel. I am sure he will make it right.

More pics. The first pic I posted and the two of the side saddle and the side of the gun were done with my 8 mp droid incredible camera phone. The others I am posting on the bottom here were done with a 12 mega pixel camera.

Side view, bolt carrier side. Taken with 8 mp camera
IMAG0008.jpg

Side view of tacstar side saddle. Taken with 8 mp camera
IMAG0004.jpg

Pic with ATI Talon Tactical stock installed taken with 12 mp camera (pic is so much better)
100_0355.jpg

Pic with Knoxx stock on there. Pic 1 12 mp camera
100_0357.jpg

Pic with knoxx stock on there Pic 2 12 mp camera
100_0358.jpg

Pic with knoxx stock on there pic 3 12 mp camera
100_0359.jpg

Pic 4 with knoxx stock on there pic 4 12 mp camera
100_0360.jpg

Damn .. that looks hella sexy man! As far as the ATI stock, if you could take a few pictures of the receiver plate and the mating end on the stock I may be able to help a little more. It really sounds like something is cracked or sheered off and its not gripping right.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Damn .. that looks hella sexy man! As far as the ATI stock, if you could take a few pictures of the receiver plate and the mating end on the stock I may be able to help a little more. It really sounds like something is cracked or sheered off and its not gripping right.

Will do just as soon as i get a chance.

ripjack13 said:
6RneBl.png

This is what I see....

Pic with side view of ATI Talon Tactical stock installed taken with 8 mp camera
IMAG0008.jpg

Pic of ghost ring and side saddle with metal vang comp safety and ati talon tactical stock installed taken with 8mp camera
M500tacstarsidesaddlepic.jpg

Pic with Knoxx stock on there. Pic 1 12 mp camera
M500blackhawkSpecopsstock4.jpg

Pic with knoxx stock on there Pic 2 12 mp camera
M500BlackhawkSpecopsstock3.jpg

Pic with knoxx stock on there pic 3 12 mp camera
M500blackhawkspecopsstock2.jpg

Pic 4 with knoxx stock on there pic 4 12 mp camera
m500blackhawkspecopsstock1.jpg

Back