• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

I have heard good things about the G22, although I have no personal experience with it. Let us know how you like it...

Here are a couple of my nonMossberg .22LRs

Attachments

• 20130601_164303.jpg
    20130601_164303.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 581
  • 20130608_194759.jpg
    20130608_194759.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 581
Re: S&W 15-22

i have one too...love it...it's so much fun to shoot without worrying if the spent casing is going to eject or if the bolt is going to stick open...

when you get one, save up an extra $40 for one of these... www.slickloader.com

i have one...i would not load another mag without it....

Very cool I hand loaded the magazine today I can see where that would have been nice! It was a open shoot for smith and Wesson all you had to do was buy the ammo! Anything from 1911 to .500 was on hand! Was to chicken to shoot the .460/.500 though!!!

i wouldn't have been too chicken...lol...

i wish they would have something like that around here, not just smith, but all manufacturers...

I have already the G22 from Walther with only ten rounds fired.

It comes with a rigid case,two magazines and several items of great value.A key to lock the trigger system,to pieces to change the stock lenght,spare front sight and allen keys.Also,the barrel comes with the screew to install a suppressor.The action can be changed for lefty shooters.

The carbine is very well finished and well balanced.I have installed a light-laser device un der the barrel.Also ordered a 1-4X24 IR CQB Arbiter scope from Vector Optics and a low weight bipod.I know that I can get better groups with a bigger magnification scope (3-9, 4-16,...)but I also want to use the gun for quick shots on short-medium ranges.I have the mount waiting for the scope.... :p

[URL=http://s277.photobucket.com/us...et.com/albums/kk77/jselous/IMG_2298.jpg[/img][/url]

From Wikipedia:

With the right ammunition, the G-22 can achieve shot groups as small as 0.25 inches (6.4 mm) at 55 yards (50 meters). In places where legal, the G22 is equipped with a threaded barrel, provisioning it for various muzzle devices such as flash hiders and suppressors. From 500 feet away it is still possible to fire accurately (especially when using a telescopic sight). Recoil is minimal, and rate of fire is very quick. Its bullpup design allows the gun to be very short while still maintaining a long barrel in order to maintain muzzle velocity. This makes the gun unevenly weighted towards the stock. However its long front grip allows users of differing body types to become quickly adjusted.

Once installed the scope I will go to range to try this gun.I have 8 types of 22 rounds to try.I have seen searching the web that the best groups are obtainned with .22 standard ammo from Lapua,RWS and Eley.

What if anything can you guys tell me about the CZ 452 Lux/Ultra Lux bolt action .22 rifle? I'm considering that for my next purchase. I'll do some plinking with it but the primary reason for having it will be for small game hunting in a SHTF survival scenario. What I want most in a .22 rifle is a detachable magazine, bolt action, wood furniture or at least the appearance of wood, accuracy and the ability to reliably eat bulk-pack .22lr ammo. My CZ 75 Compact eats anything I feed it, can I expect the same from this rifle? It's right about at the upper limit of what I'm willing to spend.

Here's a pic of the 452 Ultra Lux from the CZ-USA website.

452ultralux_zps83621bcf.png

I'm just about nearing completion with my 10/22 build.

The rings my new scope came with were laughably high, with a HUGE gap between barrel and the objective lens.

Zh1vAMs.jpg

So, I did some measuring with a caliper and fired up good 'ole AutoCad for some blueprinting.

Using autocad, I could check the specs for height for various rings and manufacturers.

This allowed me to select a set rings with confidence, knowing they will be the lowest they can possibly be while still allowing the objective lens to clear the barrel.

t8AW7U5.jpg

Millett's "low" tactical rings, with a height of .255" were just the ticket.

XHH5VYp.jpg

The Caldwell non-pivoting bipod in the original picture was a mistake I learned the hard way.

I replaced it with a BlackHawk Sportster pivoting bipod, and I have no regrets about doing so.

AR7LRlg.jpg

So here's what it looks like all together.

UGz00mZ.jpg

All that's left is to get myself a heavy .920 barrel, and I've got my eye on a stainless steel Green Mountain 20" and another Butler Creek flip-up lens cap for the other end of the scope.

Can't wait to finish the build project, because I really want to get back to shooting it and seeing what my handiwork will be capable of.

Nicely done!

I had my Remy 597 out last weekend shoot'n subsonics through the can. Pinging the spring loaded steel targets at 100yd was a lot of fun. The steel didn't move much, but I could still hear it...

My father had a Springfield rifle, very accurate. He also had a Remington or Winchester not sure which. When he passed away we had family and friends over for about 2 weeks. About a month later my mother asked if I had taken the 2 rifles. I said no b/c they were hers till she gave them to who ever she wanted. Well anyways they were taken and it was very upsetting to my mother. Fast forward to this year I wanted a 22lr so I got a descent price on a Marlin 60. Very nice and I know why a lot of people like them. I am going to add a scope when I can.

Sorry about your dad's rifles being taken, that really sucks.

Those Marlin 60's are great little shooters...

Just got the new 10/22 barrel in this afternoon.

It's a 20" Stainless Steel Green Mountain barrel, and I have to say the fit and finish on it is flawless.

qVfs2Gs.jpg

It looks even better on the rifle itself - though I do think a black Cerakote-ing is in order.

fAa1jrH.jpg

lYLy1GN.jpg

Can't wait to take it out tomorrow morning and break it in.

I'm goin' old school here. :D

Iver Johnson 1st Model Target Sealed 8, Ser No. M9421

IJ22.jpg

Savage 6A (No SN)

Savage6a_1.jpg

Winchester 9422M

Win9422M.jpg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sorry about your dad's rifles being taken, that really sucks.

I too am sorry about your Dad's guns. That would have upset me as well.

But regardless, the people who stayed over during those two weeks, would be the LAST time they stayed over at my house and I would make no excuses as to why either.

Regardless of whether they took the guns or not. I would put all of them in the same category so I knew that I was sure to get the right one.

Just FWIW, about a month before my Father-In-Law passed away, I sold (practically gave) him one of my old 9mm handguns because he had been wanting to get one for a while.

The gun never turned up and I know that her Uncle was taking several guns out of the house before the ambulance even took her Dad to the funeral home.

Needless to say, I got slobbering belligerent with him when I walked around the corner of the house and saw him carrying an armful of guns out of the side door and confronted him about it, nor did I mince words or stutter. To my knowledge that was the last time he was here, or we have spoke for that matter, but that's alright. You just don't do stuff like that.

He tried to tell me the people from the ambulance asked him to remove the guns because there were children there (my children, which by the way were supervised) and I think he was just making it up as he went, but I reported it stolen anyway. Maybe one of these days it will turn up.

The rest of the guns I saw, including the ones in the back seat of his car that I saw, I took them back inside personally and changed the locks the same night.

Sad that some people act like vultures in times like that.

Fine lookin rimfires Gentlemen.

John, that sucks about the wife's uncle. It's a shame that we sometimes have to watch family closer than strangers.

Chris, that Calico looks really interesting. Reminds me of Han Solo's blaster...

Back