What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

BenSamp said:
911JB said:
Here is a pic of a Rem 552 that followed me home from work last week. I still have to hit the range and give it a test drive, but I did tear it down and give it a good once over and all is in great shape.

JB

mossberg930remmington552013_zps97ddd187.jpg

One of my uncle's died a few years ago and my aunt is moving in with her daughter, she called me and wanted to know if I wanted his hunting rifles, and I said yes. What I got was the same Remington speedmaster 552 as the one in the picture. I also got a lever action Winchester model 1894 and a Remington 870 wingmaster 16 ga. I am so glad that I was his only nephew who liked hunting. When I turned 16 he gave me my first gun which was a Ithaca model 37 16 ga. and I have had that gun for over 33 years.

All very good guns you have there.

JB

Well another week at work and another one follows me home. This time it was a Marlin model 70p [Papoose] 22 takedown.

JB

70p003_zps46ee4787.jpg

Got an old beat up savage. 22 i dont know anyway about. Octagon barrel. Need to find a mag for it.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363052177579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363052177579.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 562
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363052226798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363052226798.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 562
Ok. Thanks had laying around for as long as i can remember. It shoots so i figured its time to throw a stock in it. And use it.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Bobs would be a good place to start when it comes to all things savage/stevens.
http://www.gun-parts.com/savagerifle/
Scrolling down to the pump 22's and looking at the pic there . The slide looks the same as the one in your pic, so some of the old parts may interchange.
Its worth a try and posibly a phonecall or e-mail. Maybe Bob can help you identify it.

JB

edited to add. I just seen the 22 mags farter down the page. There has to me 15 - 20 of them listed there. Hopefully they have one for you.

Speaking of Savage/Stevens I thought I would post a pic of the Savage that followed me home saturday. Its a Savage 24B-DL in 22 mag over 20 g.

JB

Savage24B-DL004_zps604c45de.jpg

I just noticed that I forgot to post a pic of the Marlin 25mn that became a member of the family about 3 weeks ago. Its a 22mag, stainless, ducks unlimited.

JB

Marlin25mnSSDU005_zps6ba9075d.jpg

My boy's first rifle. Keystone Sporting Arms Crickett Target Model. He goes through .22 shorts like they're BB's! :D

IMG_20130328_122654_048_zpsf59d16b1.jpg

That is a sweet .22! I had no clue that Crikett had other models from their base model with Wood or Synthetic stock :eek:

Thanks fellas! I tell ya, for a cheap little .22, this thing is accurate. He can consistently hit a 3 inch steel spinner @ 40 yards. It has been a great teaching aid so far.

Stupid Wal-Mart!
All I did was go into the sporting goods section to SEE if they had any ammo, and I left with 2 bulk packs of shotgun shells, a bunch of cleaning stuff, a bore light and a Marlin Model 60 with the brown laminate stock. WTF?!? I was like a fat dude in a donut shop. I was all like, "I'll take one of those, and give me one of those, and ooohhh, I gotta have one of those!" :twisted:

Haha, nice!

Don't you love when that happens? Went into a local shop on St. Paddy's to see if they had any M1A's in stock and came outta there with a 10mm STI. Still haven't found the M1A I'm lookin for either... :lol:

The newest addition to my hunting collection, Marlin Model 60 .22lr. It is the 14 shot short barreled model. Got it at Wally World for $160. Supposedly Marlin is out of business, but I still see new guns on the shelves.
IMG_20130401_154954_992_zps6020e845.jpg

No, just got it a couple days ago. The scope is pretty crappy I put on it and I would rather not waste the ammo sighting it in, just to turn around and replace the scope.