• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shell Limiting Plug?

Thinking that's about right............and you can always shorten it with a pencil sharpener. o_O The pencil probably won't slide out of the screw hole at the end of the magazine tube for quick removal after hunting season. Might require unscrewing the mag tube. The stock dowel limiter is certainly thinner than a pencil and pops out enough to get a grip on it to pull it out, but a pencil might , also. Too tired to try it tonight.

I was talking to a buddy at the office yesterday and he Was telling me how he was cited by ODNR while using a pencil. His technique was to just keep it in his pocket and just slide it in if he saw an officer. That's with his Remington's so I'm not sure the difference in schematics between the guns.
I hunt a lot of public land so I need to keep things legit.
I believe the law states that if it can be installed and removed without breaking the gun down then it does not conform to the guidelines and you are then in violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking to a buddy at the office yesterday and he Was telling me how he was cited by ODNR while using a pencil. His technique was to just keep it in his pocket and just slide it in if he saw an officer. That's with his Remington's so I'm not sure the difference in schematics between the guns.
I hunt a lot of public land so I need to keep things legit.
I believe the law states that if it can be installed and removed without breaking the gun down then it does not conform to the guidelines and you are then in violation.

Law breakers give us legit hunters a bad name. I cant stand that kind of stuff!

On its way HookBender- USPS tracking 9500 1106 8994 5231 1542 81 Came out of a 500A. Didn't measure it, but it should work for a 500C. I'm thinking since shells are the same (2 3/4, 3 in.) the dowel would be the same size regardless of gauge and should do the job. Has the 2 rubber O-Rings and is OEM old school Mossberg stock.

Conn 500, you the man!
Package was received today undamaged.
It measures 9inches and limits the tube to two 2 3/4 or two 3inch shells.

Again thank you.

Back