• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So.....Paul Ryan it is....

carbinemike said:
Ryan will eat him alive when it comes to numbers or stats but he may not come across as likable.
I agree. Ryan will need to be careful not to come across as a "know it all" elitist. I'm sure Biden will pound the "we're for the little guy" drum and say things that Obama would like to but can't.

I don't think this debate will mean much to anyone unless they got into name calling and a fist fight. :lol:

The funny thing is I live in Danville, KY and Center College is a Huge Liberal College. The town is covered in GO Joe GO signs. But there is one Gas station owners that I am related to that has a sign out front that says "Go Ryan, Kick Joes A--! I love my family! :lol:

"Go Ryan, Kick Joes A--! I love my family!

That's cool that they put that up!

KW, did you have any idea when you started this thread that it would become the longest in the political section on M.O.? I have obviously enjoyed it except for the period when he who shall not be named was posting his gibberish.

carbinemike said:
"Go Ryan, Kick Joes A--! I love my family!

That's cool that they put that up!

KW, did you have any idea when you started this thread that it would become the longest in the political section on M.O.? I have obviously enjoyed it except for the period when he who shall not be named was posting his gibberish.

I didn't :lol: I am glad that person isn't around anymore. Yeah my family is pretty hard core in the Republican Party. They have had a few complaints but they could care less!

carbinemike said:
I have obviously enjoyed it except for the period when he who shall not be named was posting his gibberish.

Ha! :lol:

I thought Biden did quite well in the debate. His problem for me was when it was Ryan's turn to speak. Biden's head shaking, laughter and talking in the middle of Ryan's turn was aweful. When the moderator (Obama attended her wedding by the way) didn't do anything about it Ryan needed to call them both out. Ryan definitely won the foreign policy section.

carbinemike wrote:I have obviously enjoyed it except for the period when he who shall not be named was posting his gibberish.
Ha!
I don't mind readings views that aren't like mine but that stuff was over the top.

carbinemike said:
I thought Biden did quite well in the debate. His problem for me was when it was Ryan's turn to speak. Biden's head shaking, laughter and talking in the middle of Ryan's turn was aweful. When the moderator (Obama attended her wedding by the way) didn't do anything about it Ryan needed to call them both out. Ryan definitely won the foreign policy section.

I caught that as well. Biden kept interrupting and would not let him make his points. Typical

Funny I was listening to one of the liberal stations this morning, always interesting after a debate or an election to hear thir view, and they were going on and on about how Ryan floundered and showed how little he knows when talking about foreign policy. I often wonder if we listened to the same stuff when I hear the different spins.

Overall Biden did much better than I expected, but I think his big tactic was to try and make Ryan look stupid buy continually challenging whatever he said (with no reall facts) and interrupting him before he could expand on anything. All it did to me is reinforce my belief that there is no real substance there.

I loved Ryans ding about having what you say misintepreted. LOL

I loved Ryans ding about having what you say misintepreted. LOL
That was a good one and even Biden laughed! My wife gave me a high 5 when he said it.

I think both parties are ok with the outcome. I think Krauthammer summed it up well. Basically he said if you read a transcript of the debate it would be a draw, if you listened on a radio then Biden would win and if you watched it Ryan won. He also pointed out that when voting, people aren't pulling the lever for #2.

My hope for after the election is that Obama is:
obama-toast.jpg

Back