• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So.....Paul Ryan it is....

and Biden needs to keep speaking

I read an article yesterday about Biden's handlers all but tearing him away from reporters when he stopped to answer an unscripped question.

About Biden, I had seen on the news he was called into a meeting of some sort and now has no public schedule!

I like when he talks!

One of the stories I heard (radio) hypothesized that the reason the left loves him is because he is so good at diversions. Whenever the pressure is on obama to actually answer something or do something Biden makes another one of his gaffs and the media jumps all over it diverting attention from the real issues

In the case of the his recent comment about Romney putting them back in chains, rather than just brushing it off and stating it was just poor choice of words and poor judgement, they defended his statement which drew out the media attention for a few more days.

I never did understand why they chose Biden. Perhaps there is some truth to this one.

MikeD, you probably have a good point there. They very well may be using Biden as a diversion. Keeping attention off of BHO's economy and leftist agenda seems to be the major effort of the Dem campaign. It's not like they didn't know what they were getting with Biden. How much have we heard from him in the last 2-3 years. Now, all of a sudden he's out their connecting slavery terminology to Rupub. plans and supporting the Harry Reid tax cheat accusations. Biden, Reid and others are saying what BHO would love to but can't.

I don't watch the debates to much anymore but I think I'll watch Ryan mop the floor with ol' Joe...if they actually let him get on stage with Ryan.

Word today was that Biden would be making appearances in town during the Republican convention. No doubt to draw attention from their message.

carbinemike said:
Word today was that Biden would be making appearances in town during the Republican convention. No doubt to draw attention from their message.
Yeah he is coming to my hometown to the very liberal college (Center College) looks like an open carry day is coming soon. :twisted: btw it's legal here in KY to open carry just wanted to note that before someone reports me to the ATF lol :mrgreen:

I just drove to the Delaware shore and didn't see a single BHO/Biden sign the whole way in his home state.

To be fair, most political signs were for state races.

I didn't watch a lot of the convention but what I did or picked off of the news they seemed to do well.

My favorite Ryan line: “College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life,”

I loved Jeb Bush going off the telepromter to chastise BHO for still blaming his brother for BHO's failures.

I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan so I liked seeing him up there.

Rubio had a great line about BHO doing things that we all came to America to avoid.

I thought the Romney speech was ok, not great.

Now that it's over they need to hammer and hammer and hammer home the failures of BHO and not let the Dems and media sidetrack away from his record and the economy. Hit on things like his failure to meet with own jobs commissions for 180 days while making a record 120 campaign stops and golfing 15 times in that period.

For the Dem convention I picked up most of what I saw from news coverage. I watched 5 minutes of BHO before I had to turn it off. I think I lasted 5 minutes because I was also looking through a new CDNN catalog. I think it said it all when they boo'ed putting a mention of God back on the party platform.

Now we'll get pounded with ads right up to the election. For those in a swing state, get ready to be spoon fed a regular diet of political ads from both sides.

I can't wait until it's over.

I didn't watch it either but I heard bits and pieces from various sources. Based on first day coverage looks like it was basically a call to arms to fight against the GOP war on womens health and abortion rights. Apparently, from the clips I heard, if you are anti-abortion then you are for the apocolyptic death of all women.

I also caught the vote to re-revise the DNC paltform to once again include god and Jerusalem. The vote on this is very questionable.

The only other part I heard was Jennifer Grandholm's motivational speech. I never realized that our former governer had enough following within the DNC to be a speeker at the convention. She was actually pretty decent for gun owners while governer here but she did not do much for our economy; we were glad to see her go.

I have been seeing the Bill Clinton pro Obama ad at least 5+ times a night for the last week. Are they just hammering MI or is this being run everywhere. Funny I thought I remember Bill bashing Obamas plan and actually talking positively about Romneys a while back and making a stirr. I guess the DNC must have talked to him and set him striaght (Maybe promised to support Hillary in the future if he jumps on board 100%). Michigan is normally a Dem state so it makes me think they might be worried this time around and making sure the base is reved up.

I have been seeing the Bill Clinton pro Obama ad at least 5+ times a night for the last week. Are they just hammering MI or is this being run everywhere.

I haven't seen it at all. I believe Romney has written off PA and BHO is counting on it. PA went BHO last time to my dismay. He carried the state by winning the southeast corner (Philly) and the southwest corner (Pittsburgh). I would be willing to give Philly to NJ if they would take it.

For those not so happy with either party:

538679_10151213619070465_2004178253_n.jpg

I could go for this.

I just spent 5 days in the woods with no radio or TV. It was freaking awesome. My stress level was so low not hearing all the media BS every day.

I actually really enjoy following politics to a degree but it's so easy to get overloaded with it and this year is especially bad.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That's awesome Mike!

Glad you got to decompress a bit...

I think I need some more decompression therapy. LOL

I just spent 5 days in the woods with no radio or TV. It was freaking awesome. My stress level was so low not hearing all the media BS every day.

MikeD, that sounds great. I love to get away to the mountains. Nothing better than sleeping in a tent where a stream can be heard nearby.

I wish the election was tomorrow. 50 or so days for the media to milk it until the election seems like forever. If BHO is reelected I may have to smash the TV and my computer so I don't have to listen to the country going down the toilet at an ever faster pace.

Biden is a very likable guy and he relates well to people and people like him.

Ryan will eat him alive when it comes to numbers or stats but he may not come across as likable.

This may seen inconsequential to anyone that cares about issues and where the country is going but you can never underestimate the average under/mis-informed voter. People in elections don't always vote for a person, they vote for an idea, philosophy or a vision, and there are a lot of people out there that still buy into obama's vision (Or at least what they believe is obama's vision, I'm still not convinced we've seen his true vision for America, not do I want to if this is the preview).

Ryan will eat him alive when it comes to numbers or stats but he may not come across as likable.
I agree. Ryan will need to be careful not to come across as a "know it all" elitist. I'm sure Biden will pound the "we're for the little guy" drum and say things that Obama would like to but can't.

I don't think this debate will mean much to anyone unless they got into name calling and a fist fight. :lol:

Back