• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

This is what happens

Nice, Oli. Keep roping them in.
yes sir , I get them with a super soft shooting rifle gas, rifle buffer...nice trigger.

This guy is blind in his right eye. He owns one firearm, a sig 226.

I sat him down with a pile of ammo and a bunch of golf balls between 50 and 200 yards . He started picking off golf balls and he was hooked

I only have one guy who shoots with us that doesn't subscribe to building.....yet. All he needs is his 270 and super hunter skills.....he might be right , but there is no denying the fun in the black guns....just simply one of the funnest rifles one can shoot.

Nice. The gun guy machinist where I work just quit. Why couldn't it have been the one guy that is a democrat?

yes sir , I get them with a super soft shooting rifle gas, rifle buffer...nice trigger.

just simply one of the funnest rifles one can shoot.

Cut and snipped for the oli700 quote...

I know what you mean. I have a true Dissipator with rifle gas tube and rifle buffer in an A2 fixed stock and a slightly enlarged gas port, and a flat top upper receiver with an Aimpoint. It is like shooting a 20" HBAR as far as recoil, and the fighting accuracy is just fine. One of my favorites.

I doubt I will ever know as much as you do Bill about the real workings of a decent AR platform. You've invested a TON of time, experimentation and investment to be the expert you now are.

I'd allow you to ride the river with me.... but only because I need a real fighting man to protect me when the SHTF. :)

Question:

Is the front pivot pin ear a little long? Just by looking at it, the hole looks to be a little far forward. Or something about it seems a little "off". Maybe it's the angle of the picture or something, but that's how it looks to my eye.

I think it's really cool that your buddy can program the code and has the equipment and skill to do all of that. That deserves respect every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I am envious in every sense of the word. I was ecstatic and thought it was a big achievement for me when I milled out the trigger pocket on my 80% without ruining it LOL.

But this is a level that I know that I'll probably never achieve.

It would seem to be a great place to acquire some 80% paperweights.

Cut and snipped for the oli700 quote...

I know what you mean. I have a true Dissipator with rifle gas tube and rifle buffer in an A2 fixed stock and a slightly enlarged gas port, and a flat top upper receiver with an Aimpoint. It is like shooting a 20" HBAR as far as recoil, and the fighting accuracy is just fine. One of my favorites.

I doubt I will ever know as much as you do Bill about the real workings of a decent AR platform. You've invested a TON of time, experimentation and investment to be the expert you now are.

I'd allow you to ride the river with me.... but only because I need a real fighting man to protect me when the SHTF. :)
butt to butt works pretty good

The Dissipator is an interesting venture.
Done right, probably as close to having your cake and eating it too. Best gas system,longest sight radius and compactness yet still good velocity..........the touch of velocity loss is a good trade for compactness especially if your not in open country.

every time I see a dissipator I think, "oh , cool !".....then I pick it up to realize the front sight base is fake and it has a carbine lo pro gas system hidden under the milspec hand guard

I have yet to hold a real one

Question:

Is the front pivot pin ear a little long? Just by looking at it, the hole looks to be a little far forward. Or something about it seems a little "off". Maybe it's the angle of the picture or something, but that's how it looks to my eye.

I think it's really cool that your buddy can program the code and has the equipment and skill to do all of that. That deserves respect every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I am envious in every sense of the word. I was ecstatic and thought it was a big achievement for me when I milled out the trigger pocket on my 80% without ruining it LOL.

But this is a level that I know that I'll probably never achieve.

It would seem to be a great place to acquire some 80% paperweights.
it will be a while before I build it . He has a lot of machining left . I would be very surprised if it was off......this guy is OCD. He is a Forester and his office is so perfect and clean it looks abandon, his work truck is spotless and perfect .....he builds and flies nitro helicopters, he is also a radio tech ......if its off I would be very surprised

I am going to help him with a hand guard.......he will machine the upper as well.

that's all for this run, now off to the "expensive metal ".....he says.......7075 is my guess . That's what I advised, I just figured he went right to 7075 . But knowing this guy he might have something special in store.....stay tuned , next post might take a while we are all starting to get into fireseason.........he happens to one hell of a dozer operator as well and the gun can wait if we need dozer line lol

so that was 7075....going to finish it now and still do the other metal.
I was talking to him today and he said he took the piece in to get it x-rayed and such to see how the metal did in the machining process. The folks at the metal place told him it was 7075 without doubt,he thought he had some lesser aluminum block

who wants to guess the other metal he was talking about? ......I doubt any of you will , surprised the shit out of me

Machining 7075 is no problem. The hardest Rockwell hardness on aluminum does not come close to steel or 4130, the beauty of matching aluminum is that it is not hard on the tooling. Heat is the only issue, and that effects the tooling and carbide doing the cutting .
Can't wait to see what the mystery unobtainium is ?

Back