• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What am I doing wrong

If you zeroed your rifle correctly you should be able to keep all shots in the red with a Nikon scope at 100 meters.

I don't consider my rifle zeroed until my third trip and my notes are compared.

I've logged that M855 (AE green tips) and standard 5.56 NATO rounds have not grouped very well in my MVP.

.223 rounds have been more consistent.

55 gr Vmax bullets and 62gr Barnes TSX have grouped the best.

Start with your ammo. Zero on a specific brand first. Changing ammo without taking into consideration that specific ammo's zero will cause a shift in your point of impact from your rifle.

I have cards set up for the common ammo I shoot and the zero on my P223 scope.

When I change the ammo I change the setting on my scope to accommodate it.

My MVP flex was scratching the bullet and casing when loading. The bolt had pin that was to low and scratching the casing. The feed ramps were sharp and scratching my bullet. Also every the rail, for grip, and trigger group screw had lose. I fixed all that and had 1" groups at 100 yards.

My MVP flex was scratching the bullet and casing when loading. The bolt had pin that was to low and scratching the casing. The feed ramps were sharp and scratching my bullet. Also every the rail, for grip, and trigger group screw had lose. I fixed all that and had 1" groups at 100 yards.
yes I had to tighten my scope rail too. I didn't have locktite, so I put black nail polish on rail screws. It stays in place

Are you using factory or handloaded ammunition?

Is your barrel properly headspaced?

Is the barrels locknut properly torqued?

Are the action screws properly torqued?

Is the action properly bedded?

Are the scope bases properly and securely attached to the action?

Are the scope rings properly attached and aligned?

Is the barrels flash hider properly attached and properly torqued?

Is there any indication of bullets making contact with the flash hider?

Are you shooting from a secure rest (Front and rear, not a bi-pod)?

Did you properly clean the barrel before shooting the group?

Are you applying consistent pressure between your shoulder and the buttstock, consistent grip on the pistol grip of the stock and forearm, and applying a consistent trigger pull for each shot?

Back