• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What the hell did I just do!!!

oli700 said:
pretty cool, not much dashing for a dash lol
I left the dash part out of this vid. The obstacles were more interresting than the running and walking in between.

I found it amusing that my coworker, 18 years younger than I, couldnt keep up with me running between obstacles and I had to slow down to keep from leaving her behind. She did get over the rope wall faster then I did and finished 38 seconds ahead of me LOL.

I didnt notice at the time but my sister was running along the fence at the finish getting pics of me climbing over the hills.

Its been a fun summer and I hope to keep it going. Lookkng back to when i started in Feb i can't believe how far I've come. I'd really like to lose another 40+ by May when I do the Tough Mudder.

Im walking a 5k next weekend with one of my friends and may do one of the Halloween runs.

Once deer season opens Im all about chasing tail. LOL

Do you guys want me to continue with updates or are you getting tired of it?

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2

MikeD said:
Do you guys want me to continue with updates or are you getting tired of it?

Absolutely, please continue.

It's great to see you in action and we're all proud of your progress brother...

I let things slip more than I would have liked a little over the winter but trying to pick it back up.

Warrior Dash # 2 is tomorrow, time is flying by.

I just registered for the Tough Mudder in Ohio on May 17, 2014!!!! Time to step it up another couple of notches.

Due to multiple members of the team not feeling up the task in May we've changed transferred to the Sept 20 TM in Sept. (Brooklyn, MI)

It's Go Time.

I have a couple other mud runs and road races planned before the TM.

Warrior Dash # 2 is tomorrow, time is flying by.

I just registered for the Tough Mudder in Ohio on May 17, 2014!!!! Time to step it up another couple of notches.
Dude, the tough mudder is an AMAZING goal, and an experience you will never forget. I just browsed through your thread and I have to tell you, great job so far. From one runner and racer to another, I wish you the best of luck.

If I may offer some advice? They will have regular water points, but they are miles apart. Know how long you can safely go between water, and the weather will play a role. It's okay to walk any and all of it, everyone does it. There's no shame in it if that's what you need to do. Every few water stations will have banana halves or jelly beans or something.

Here is the most important bit of advice. The headbands are one size fits all. But the shirts shrink a lot, so get as big as you can. I no longer fit in mine for that reason.

@MikeD

How'd the C25K program work for you in the long run (no pun intended)? The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to run a BattleFrog 5K in Aug. While I'm not a couch potato by any means, I'm not a runner or obstacle climber either. I can stand to lose a few lbs and gain some muscle. I use my Bowflex and Total Gym on an irregular basis but need to add a regular cardio program to it.

I came across the BF booth at a local Hunting/Fishing expo. It's a program designed by Navy SEALs for SEALs and their families. They offer a couple different distances up to a 15k, 24 obstacle course. After talking to the guys I thought it would be a good way to get me "jumpstarted" on a conditioning program, to have a goal to reach. 15k would be pushing it so I'm targeting the 5k.

I ran a 10 miler in Aug but fell off the wagon and have gained back a fair amount of weight. I'm trying to get it back on track but recurring back issues (sciatic nerve) and new shoulder issues are limiting what I can do.

If you plan on doing one of these, train outside, no amount of elliptical, treadmill, exercise bike, etc can prepare you for walking, jogging or running outside. The varying terrain, inclines/declines, wind in your face etc all affect you and will kill you if you are not prepared for it.

My girlfriends sister kept bragging about how many hours she spends on the treadmill every day.....She didn't make it up the first hill of a local 5K we did. Big difference pacing the moving track vs. propelling yourself over the ground with inclines and headwind.

I started just walking around the parking lot at work, increasing my speed as I felt able to til It got to easy, then I switched up and started finding loops around my office. Lot's of subdivisions/condo's around so lots of possible routes off of the main drag. By the end of last summer my daily lunch time walk was 4-5+ miles @ around 14min/mile.

I prefer walking outside to a machine inside any day. Seems to take forever to get anywhere (or is it nowhere) on a treadmill. I have one, which is nice if it is real bad outside and don't want to miss a day, but only used it sporadically preparing for hunting season. Pretty flat around here but we do have a "recreational hill" and a park that I can use for uneven terrain. Thanks, Mike.

Back