• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

I need to start grocery shopping on any day other than Sunday. Lol no alcohol sales in Indiana on Sundays.

MossLvR said:
Tequilla...
Do you remember posting this? :D

OhioArcher said:
Right now it is Coors Lite...
I hope you have it ice cold! If the Lite is for the low calories, Guiness Stout is pretty low in calories and very low in carbs due to the dark malts used to make it.

I don't drink top shelf often. My regular drink is a vodka martini with an olive or two. When I'm not having one of those, it's usually a Manhattan or a scotch, rocks and water.

For those special moments, it's usually a single malt scotch with just a touch of water.

grumpyerik said:
As of late, home brew. The current obsession is a lack IPA that my brother-in-law and I brewed up.

Alright, another home brewer! I have been at it since around 1998. Amazing what good beer you can make at home.

I home brew, too.

IPA, Double IPA, Old Town Brown, Porter, Stout, Wheat Wine, German Hefeweissen....

As for my Beverage of choice... Woodford Reserve over ice.

woodford-reserve-bourbon.jpg

carbinemike said:
1237040_10200800234871710_927991234_n.jpg

For the Yeungling fans out there. It's a great beer for an autumn afternoon. It's not as good as the German o-fest beers but it's darn drinkable, has nice maltiness and is 1/2 the price. Prost!

I lament being west of the Mississippi...why can't they just sell in Kansas and tell Anheuser to kick rocks?

I have about 5 cans of Lager left from my last run to Fort Campbell...brought home a truck bed full.

I thought I'd post this here. They say nothing will change but you never know. Stroh's bought Bass and it's a shell of its former glory. You won't here Rolling Rock advertise "from the glass lined tanks at Old Latrobe". Bud bought and moved it to New Jersey. Guiness stout states "imported" on the case. It is imported, from Canada. I have never drank much Jim Beam. For mass produced I leaned more toward Jack Daniels. I do however enjoy Maker's Mark and they better not screw it up!

The nation’s leading whiskey operations, Jim Beam and Maker’s Mark, may be joining business hands with Japan, but bourbon executives vow the product taste won’t change — and neither will the company’s historic purity standards.

Suntory Holdings Ltd., a Japanese company, just announced it was acquiring Beam Inc. and its portfolio of whiskey, cognac, tequila and vodka, The Associated Press reported. But that $13.62 billion deal won’t change the taste of the products, industry insiders promise. Rather, the deal is only akin to what’s in place with foreign investors for the classic Wild Turkey and Four Roses brands, which haven’t suffered in terms of product degradation, they say.

“Ultimately, what the consumer should be interested in is the product,” said Chuck Cowdery, an American whiskey writer and the author of “Bourbon Straight,” in the AP report. “There’s absolutely no reason that the product should change. So the consumer really doesn’t have anything to be concerned about.”

The alcohol is largely exclusive to Kentucky, with some distillers touting family ties to the business as far back as 1795.

The overseas connection is purely a business decision based on market realities and the desire to grow, industry executives say.

“We run the distillery exactly the way we always ran it,” said Jim Rutledge, a master distiller at Four Roses, which was acquired in 2002 by the Japanese-based Kirin Brewery Co., AP reported. “Nothing has changed except ownership.”

Meanwhile, Beam company executives say operations will continue as always.

“It’s business as usual,” said a spokesman for the company, Clarkson Hine. “[We’ll] keep doing what we’re doing.”

^ It has a great flavor.

A sort of spiced apple taste with a bit of maple on the nose. Ultra smooth. Mmmmm good...

I only ever had Pinch one time. This is making me want to go there again.

...but babe, I only had three beers...

Shiner's 24 oz bottles are on sale 2 for $5 at our local grocery...

Was a time you could only get Shiner's in TX. They have branched out quite a bit.

Beer is off the table for me right now. Since stopping Nexium if I drink a beer I bloat like a blimp...:eek: Not sure how long that will last. Turning into a wino now...11% alcohol seems to be a fair trade-off...LOL...

the little beer store here in town gets different stuff in occasionally. they had some shiner black lager awhile back. tried that and liked it. recently they have had Veteran, and Veteran Blonde Bomber. both pretty good

Back