• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where's all the AMMO?

carbinemike said:
Itsricmo said:
Explore other caliber options! 30-06, 30-30, .243 and some of the magnum calibers are very abundant and readily available! But accessorizing is totally cool too

I have not noticed a big impact on 30-06 either. It seems readily available yet. Probably becasue it's not available many modern semi autos.

I just got the CC hit for my CMP Garand... there's a semi auto 30-06 for ya :D And being an H&R, she'll probably be younger then the other Garand counterparts... can I call her modern???

DHS is doing a market survey of ammo mfg. asking if they can supply a couple million rounds of frangible ammo in a wide variety of calibers/gauges within 60 days.

Market survey asks companies if they can provide 2 million bullets within 30-60 day period

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
May 3, 2013

The Department of Homeland Security has released a market survey asking companies if they are able to provide 2 million rounds of ammunition within a short time period, increasing concerns that the federal agency is continuing its arms build up in preparation for domestic unrest.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-seeks-milli ... mmunition/

Here's the official request on FedBizOpps: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity ... 5&_cview=0

The list:
General: FLETC has a requirement for RHTA training ammunition of multiple calibers strictly for law enforcement officer (LEO) training purposes at multiple training sites in the United States. Types of RHTA needed are:
CALIBER TYPE; Acceptable Bullet Weight Range
9MM Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 90 -105
10MM Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-135
.357 SIG Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-115
.38 SPL Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 110-
.380 Auto Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 70-75
.40 S&W Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-135
.45 Auto Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 155-
.223 REM aliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 50-55
.308 WIN Caliber Jacketed, Reduced Hazard; 165-168
12 Gauge Steel Shot Target Load, Reduced Hazard; #7
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 8 PELLET
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 8 PELLET
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 9 PELLET
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 9 PELLET
12 Gauge Rifled Slug Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 1 OZ
12 Gauge Rifled Slug Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 1 OZ
12 Gauge #4 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 27 PELLET
12 GAUGE #4 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard; 27 PELLET

aksavanaman said:
I just got the CC hit for my CMP Garand... there's a semi auto 30-06 for ya And being an H&R, she'll probably be younger then the other Garand counterparts... can I call her modern???

Sounds good AKS! I'd call it modern. I love semi auto 30-06's. I just shot a 1942 Garand last Wednesday. I'd love one or a BAR! Either is plenty modern for me.

I did hear about that DHS survey. A lot of DHS stuff would be ignored if the feds weren't all over the backs of legal civilian owners.

GunnyGene said:
DHS is doing a market survey of ammo mfg. asking if they can supply a couple million rounds of frangible ammo in a wide variety of calibers/gauges within 60 days.

Market survey asks companies if they can provide 2 million bullets within 30-60 day period

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
May 3, 2013

The Department of Homeland Security has released a market survey asking companies if they are able to provide 2 million rounds of ammunition within a short time period, increasing concerns that the federal agency is continuing its arms build up in preparation for domestic unrest.

Here's the official request on FedBizOpps: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity ... 5&_cview=0

The list:
General: FLETC has a requirement for RHTA training ammunition of multiple calibers strictly for law enforcement officer (LEO) training purposes at multiple training sites in the United States. Types of RHTA needed are:

Look at all that 12Gauge... :shock:

Gotta wonder why the hurry? The companies have until May 23 to reply, so I'd expect a buy order shortly thereafter. What's the rush? :?

GunnyGene said:

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
May 3, 2013

The list:

Conspiracy theories do not help.

Darkhawk40 said:

It is what it is.

A request for bids to buy a couple of million rounds of various frangible cartridges in a relatively short amount of time.

It stops being theory when money changes hands.

I will only assume at this point they are serious about purchasing it if they are seeking bids for it.

John A. said:
Darkhawk40 said:

It is what it is.

A request for bids to buy a couple of million rounds of various frangible cartridges in a relatively short amount of time.

I will only assume at this point they are serious about purchasing it if they are seeking bids for it.

But there's no evidence of any government plot against its citizenry. Besides, do you think they're going to kill us all with shotguns? LOL. There's no there there.

Besides, Alex Jones is a fraud. He's done more harm to the gun-owning community than anyone.

Darkhawk40 said:
John A. said:
Darkhawk40 said:

It is what it is.

But there's no evidence of any government plot against its citizenry. Besides, do you think they're going to kill us all with shotguns? LOL. There's no there there.

Besides, Alex Jones is a fraud. He's done more harm to the gun-owning community than anyone.

I certainly don't think the U.S Gov't will be coming after it's own citizens with shotguns... at least no one has given me the order to yet ;)

While the specifics of the above order could be questionable, it his been made public information that DHS and other agencies are expanding (or at least contemplating to) their ammunition supply. While this in itself doesn't particularly raise any major red flags, I would tend to think that when added to the larger picture, i.e. gun control laws, approval of drone usage in the U.S., foreign policy mistakes from N. Korea to Syria, the ever growing deficits, LE response to Boston bombings.... the agencies ammo grab is just another notch in the bed post.

While no one can actually put their finger on it, call it a conspiracy theory if you will, it would be wise of us to continue our diligent awareness to the growing problems in this Country. I'd much rather be wrong about a tyrannical Gov't and be prepared.... than be caught with my pants down pissing in the wind because I was too stupid to notice it.

Darkhawk40 said:

All I said was that if they were accepting bids for millions of rounds of ammunition, they were wanting to buy millions more rounds of ammuntion.

On top of what they've already procured.

But if you're asking me if I think they need as much ammo as they have been purchasing ON OUR DIME, the answer is a resounding no.

But I suppose if you want to strap on the iron helmet for a minute, as for this particular requisition for frangible, most of us do know why frangible is preferred in certain scenario's and why so.

Less chance of ricochet when you miss, less penetration through walls (or any object really), breaching doors, and possibly some crowd control if things get too rowdy. Agree?

aksavanaman said:
Darkhawk40 said:
John A. said:
It is what it is.

I certainly don't think the U.S Gov't will be coming after it's own citizens with shotguns... at least no one has given me the order to yet ;)

While the specifics of the above order could be questionable, it his been made public information that DHS and other agencies are expanding (or at least contemplating to) their ammunition supply. While this in itself doesn't particularly raise any major red flags, I would tend to think that when added to the larger picture, i.e. gun control laws, approval of drone usage in the U.S., foreign policy mistakes from N. Korea to Syria, the ever growing deficits, LE response to Boston bombings.... the agencies ammo grab is just another notch in the bed post.

While no one can actually put their finger on it, call it a conspiracy theory if you will, it would be wise of us to continue our diligent awareness to the growing problems in this Country. I'd much rather be wrong about a tyrannical Gov't and be prepared.... than be caught with my pants down pissing in the wind because I was too stupid to notice it.
My 2 cents...I think there's a little truth in most of it and some outright lies. I think we're told half truths by many sides of this complicated equation. There are so many individual parties involved. I think some conspiracy theories are designed to be sensational and outlandish and even deflect suspicion from the truth.

I agree with AK and John, the dots when connected appear to be adding up to a scary picture. It does not always mean it is what it appears to be though. Like Ak said, I'd rather be prepared than caught short.

Just another thought, you can't find a much better weapon for close quarters conflagration than a short barrel 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00 Buck...I'd say my house where my guns are stored is pretty darn close quarters. 12ga ammo might not be for extermination purposes but the preamble to ???....jus sayin' :eek:

I'm just curious about the time frame. I do have some experience with Gov't contracting, and when they ask an industry "How fast can you produce these widgets", it's not an idle question. It's asked for planning purposes because they anticipate having a need with a short lead time. That doesn't fit with training schedules that are known years in advance.

Sen. Inhofe has introduced S.843 to require Non-DoD agencies to limit their purchases. Details and bill here: http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.php Search for S.843 There's a companion bill in the House.

On Aaron Klein’s weekend show on New York City’s WABC radio, Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe accused the Obama administration of buying up ammunition at an unprecedented level to bypass the Second Amendment so gun-owners “can’t even buy ammunition because government is purchasing so much.”

“Let’s make sure that your audience out there is aware, Aaron, that our president, Obama, has been doing everything he could to stop the private ownership of guns in America,” Inhofe said. “You know that, everyone knows that. And yet he’s been voted down in a big way by a large majority. And so my feeling is that he’s doing this to buy up [ammunition] so that we can’t buy: Honest, law-abiding citizens here in the United States, like my son, can’t even buy ammunition because government is purchasing so much.”

Inhofe explained to Klein he is working to introduce the Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) bill that will limit “non-defense, armed federal agencies to pre-Obama levels of ammunition.”

“It’s designed to have the GAO (that’s the Government Accounting Office) inventory — not the Defense Department, but all other departments that use weaponry — as to what they’re doing in terms of the amount of ammunition that they have bought to dry up the market for honest, law-abiding citizens,” Inhofe said.

The Oklahoma Republican called the buy-ups intentional and referred to testimony last month from Nick Nayak, the Department of Homeland Security’s chief procurement officer, who said DHS has the right to buy up the ammunition.

“I believe it’s intentional,” Inhofe said. “Now we had someone testify the other day the DHS, the Department of Homeland Security, has the ‘right’ — this is a bureaucrat that said this — they have the ‘right’ to buy as much as they want, and they’re planning to buy 750 million rounds. Well, that is more than three times the amount that our soldiers are using for training to defend our nation. So, it’s just another effort to restrict gun activity and ownership. We have in this country the Second Amendment, that preserves the right to keep and bear arms, and the president doesn’t believe in that.”

Inhofe was skeptical of theory that the ammo buy-up was an effort by DHS to seize power from the state, as some have suggested, but did say it was unprecedented and shouldn’t be allowed.

“This has never happened in this country before,” he added. “We’ve never had government trying to take that much control at the expense of the law-abiding citizens. And we’re not going to let it happen.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/06/inhof ... z2SYVk1dW5

Back