• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Workin for a livin....

What are you making in this picture? and what do you do with your scrap wood? (please don't say you burn it.)
That pic was 2 projects, bunch of industrial modern type shelving for a gourmet cheese shop. the long twisty slab is jacaranda, the trees that have purple flowers once a year, very hard wood. the cookies were some odd wood from south america, and the dark planks were cheery slabs, started out being 2 foot wide in the beginning, but i sliced them down the center for shelving and left the live edge on them. The skinny boards are called Mangaris, a kind of poor mans mahogany, They were for my deck at my house.
I keep a lot of my hardwood cutoff's and various stuff that is of use down the road, but all small stuff goes in the dumpster. My shop is only 1500 sq ft, dont have room to keep too much scrap.
Cheers

Pulling the transmission on a Cat 966 front loader

5dd64faa9afe15a026df95b6e1edb7e2.jpg

9d7092a98c62dfd6e0a7a8651530521a.jpg

4a6b03ccefc1bc94d77c3e9202a10563.jpg

And a set of track rails, with new sprockets, and some idler repair on a 320 excavator.

979c60d780cee50549127776caf16f44.jpg

7bbf010d357ae758980487b1a8a96ab1.jpg

Dieselmudder, Is that a transfer case on the back of the transmission ? or does the transmission have a output for front and rear without a transfer case ? Just curious, as i have never played with any heavy equipment.

Just a front and rear output. The transmission is basically 3 separate parts. Torque converter, within its own housing. The actual shifting and gearset is in the middle section, and the back (which is actually tword the front of the machine) is the drop box, and output shaft.

one of my friends is a tugboat captain for the Foss company in San pedro. got a chance to go on his big center pivot emd tug. the sound of the ropes stretching and steel moving was freightening to somene that had bever experienced that before. was a awesome machine for sure.
sorry for the hijack.

Back