• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Would you buy a Mossberg 715T .22 again after owning yours?

Would you buy a Mossberg 715T Tactical .22 Autoloader again after owner yours?

• No

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%

• Total voters

mattruthluke

Copper BB
**EDIT
Would you buy a Mossberg 715T Tactical .22 Autoloader again after owning yours?
EDIT**

Hello. For those of you that have already owned a Mossberg 715T .22, do you feel like it was a good buy? Or do you feel like you should have saved a little more and purchased a different brand?

Re: Is the Mossberg 715T .22 Reliable?

i love my 715t. its reliable as long as you take care of it..like anything. i haven't had any issues or jams with the gun so far...shooting all different types of ammo. I thought it felt kind of cheap when i first bought it but then once i put all my accessories on...it added some great weight and feels a lot better to shoot.

My Mossberg is awesome! Goes bang every time I pull the trigger. If you take care of it, it won't let you down. Some pieces do feel cheap on it but overall it's an awesome gun. Very accurate as well. You won't be disappointed.

The gun is based on the 702 platform - a proven and reliable framework. There has been extensive discussion about the 'tactical' shell and aftermarket add-ons. THIS is where the search feature of the site is your friend - LOTS to read about the 715 and consider.

I would not be surprised if this thread were combined (by a moderator) with an existing and larger one. If so take the tour and enjoy the forum!!

Re: Would you buy a Mossberg 715T .22 again after owning you

I would definately buy another. Fun little gun to shoot and my nephew absolutely loves it and now calls it his gun, too bad he is only six. I may just have to either hang onto this one without wearing it out or have to buy him his own when he is a little older.

Given the price and appearance, you can't go wrong. Hundreds of rounds through mine and zero issues.

I would buy another, if... they sort out the magazine issues. I can not get reliable feed if I put more than 11 round in it. The rifle itself is great! So, my 'yes' would be conditional...

I solved my mag feed problem. Loosen the mag screws, remove the upper metal portion, remove spring and the red plastic shell feed,(don't know what else to call it) then using a small file beveled the lower edge of the red shell feed where it enters the lower plastic portion of the mag. This cured my feed issue as well as making the mag easier to load the full 25 rds. It worked for me.

nope...too many issues, the quality control is not there nor is the customer service. mine should have never come back from initial repair in an unworking condition. none of us should have to make modifications to a mag or any other part of a gun to get it to function correctly. i won't ever buy another mossberg until they change.

that's not to say it's not a fun gun to shoot.

i'd sell it if i thought i could get close to what i paid for and could get my hands on the smith and wesson m&p 15-22.

Are there that many problems with the 715T that a third of the owners suffer buyer's remorse?

Of the 25-round magazine owners how many have run into problems with them?

I just purchased a tac22 flattop a few days back to shoot rats with....I must say I was quite sceptical on this purchase I did my research before choosing the mossberg....found lots of ftf issues and a few fte issues ....but found the same with the colt Ar 22 and the likes ....finally decided I would give the mossy a try as I just could not c myself spending 500+ on a S&W...

I must say I am impressed this thing shoots great right out of the box I had a 3" group at 25 yrds....found the mag needed tuned out of the box not a biggie to me as I have a old pre world war 2 high standard Model usa hd....had to tune those mags aswell....for u guys having feed issues have u ever tried to tune your mags?

Ok so the mag is hard to load out of the box but after 6-7 loads I have no issues getting 25 rds in by hand

Next I installed a 3-9 tasco scope and took 15 rds to dial it in at 50yrds..

I shot 100 remington subsonics no ftf or fte issues at all cycled flawlessly next I shot 100 Winchester wild cats only had one ftf and I blame the bullet I then shot 200 cci select rds no ftf or fte issues

Overall its a great plinker it holds nice tight groups at 75yrds about 3" group I added a flashlight and laser sight aswell

speedyquad said:
that's not to say it's not a fun gun to shoot.

i'd sell it if i thought i could get close to what i paid for and could get my hands on the smith and wesson m&p 15-22.

u said it right there i should have sucked it up and paid 150 more , thats the main reason y i got the mossberg
i did put another 450 rounds throw it today n got the red dot how i like it shoot groups the size of a quarter

eavery said:
I just purchased a tac22 flattop a few days back to shoot rats with....I must say I was quite sceptical on this purchase I did my research before choosing the mossberg....found lots of ftf issues and a few fte issues ....but found the same with the colt Ar 22 and the likes ....finally decided I would give the mossy a try as I just could not c myself spending 500+ on a S&W...

I must say I am impressed this thing shoots great right out of the box I had a 3" group at 25 yrds....found the mag needed tuned out of the box not a biggie to me as I have a old pre world war 2 high standard Model usa hd....had to tune those mags aswell....for u guys having feed issues have u ever tried to tune your mags?

Ok so the mag is hard to load out of the box but after 6-7 loads I have no issues getting 25 rds in by hand

Next I installed a 3-9 tasco scope and took 15 rds to dial it in at 50yrds..

I shot 100 remington subsonics no ftf or fte issues at all cycled flawlessly next I shot 100 Winchester wild cats only had one ftf and I blame the bullet I then shot 200 cci select rds no ftf or fte issues

Overall its a great plinker it holds nice tight groups at 75yrds about 3" group I added a flashlight and laser sight aswell

I also had the same qualms about buying expensive Ruger and S&W tactical .22lr rifles after reading about the same issues. I confess I didn't research the different designs before buying the Mossberg but the difference in price buys a whole lot of ammo, and as long as the screws don't strip out if the gun performs well after break-in then it will be a great decision.

How does one "tune" a magazine? I've disassembled handgun mags without any problem but the hi-cap Mossberg mags seem to be a different animal.

After reading about the 25-round magazine issues I decided to break open the two hi-cap mags I bought the same day I bought the 715T. I was very concerned when I ran into obstructions while handloading them but alternating between hand and speed loader I was finally able to get both magazines fully loaded. I read this morning that some owners have had good success with letting the new mags sit fully loaded for some time before shooting. Is there merit to this system or not? The weather lately indicates that I may not be able to go to the range for a couple of weeks, and I only have enough ammo to get the break-in done. At least I know I can get the mags loaded to the max and I assume the more I shoot the more the rough spots will smooth out.

Right now both hi-cap and 10-round mags are loaded with Federal Value Pack hollow points, which shoot very well in my Ruger Mark II. Will these be okay to break the new gun in?

BTW: I bought the model that doesn't have the flash suppressor. Is this a "flattop" or the other model?

u have the other model with the carry handle the flattop model does not have a carry handle......tuning the mag refers to the feed lips on the mag making sure the bullet nose hits the loading ramp straight alot of these 25 rd mags have burs on these lips wich then snag bullets or kick em off just enuf to jam or enter the barrel crooked causing inacurate shots jams etc..... there is a exellent write up on tuning mags on the highstandard forums

one good trick for the mag is to dissassemble file or sand the bottom edges of the red plastic piece slightly and lightly lube....the theory of leaving the mag full for a few days to a few weeks or months is to break in the springs .....

only rounds ive found this gun doesnt like r rem yellow jackets & vipers due to the shape of the bullet ...round nose bullets work best

Thanks for the info, eavery.

You didn't mention having to perform the filing/sanding the mag follower yourself so I assume after the 6-7 handloadings you did the magazine loosened up. Is this correct?

I just wanted to say that yes I would buy another Mossberg 715 T.
I've had nothing but good luck with mine. yes, the magazine was a little tight at first but it has loosened up with use and no modification. Only 2 FTE in about 600 rounds of cci Velocitors.

unit1069 said:
Thanks for the info, eavery.

You didn't mention having to perform the filing/sanding the mag follower yourself so I assume after the 6-7 handloadings you did the magazine loosened up. Is this correct?

Yes u r correct my 25 rd mag loosened up on its own .... I can literary load all 25 by hand no need for the plastic tool

I have the rifle and 3 25rd mags that load, function, fire flawlessly. I suppose its luck of the draw, as I have ZERO idea where some of the complaints are coming from. I've experienced none of these issues?!

The only "negative" I can think of is taking down the rifle to clean, as the recoil spring is tricky to put back, at least for me, but a quick YouTube visit on takedown/cleaning/reassemble fixed that right up

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Back