• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Would you buy a Mossberg 715T .22 again after owning yours?

Would you buy a Mossberg 715T Tactical .22 Autoloader again after owner yours?

• No

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%

• Total voters
Re: Would you buy a Mossberg 715T .22 again after owning you

btucker2003 said:
I have the rifle and 3 25rd mags that load, function, fire flawlessly. I suppose its luck of the draw, as I have ZERO idea where some of the complaints are coming from. I've experienced none of these issues?!

The only "negative" I can think of is taking down the rifle to clean, as the recoil spring is tricky to put back, at least for me, but a quick YouTube visit on takedown/cleaning/reassemble fixed that right up

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

well good for you...i can tell you where the complaints are coming from...those of us who have had issue after issue. there are a lot of us.

Guess I'm just lucky.
At the range Sunday another 1/2 brick of Blazer down the pipe without a single issue.
Have about 4000 rounds through my carry handle now and at least the last 2000 have been completely trouble free, though when I got it I had the usual issues finding which ammo it likes (they are definitely finicky) and had to 'break in' the mags.
I must live a charmed life. I also have the GSG 1911, which review say is a pretty good gun whose only real issue is the weak guide rod that will fail soon after purchase.
I bought an aftermarket SS guide rod...problem is the plastic one that came with the gun has about 10000 rounds on it now...when the heck is gonna break!!

Yes I think I would. I was thinking about selling it and buying something else but really can't find find anything I like better I have not had any issues.

nope,

too many issues, cheap plastic, even before the anti people jumped time on "patrol issued" guns the mags were dang near impossible to find, and spending $30 for a plastic piece of junk made in a 3rd world country is pathetic when I can get much higher end mags for an AR platform for $10 - $15.

fun to shoot and plink with, Yes

regret not getting the M&P, yes

buy more junk from Mossberg, nope

At this point I would but of course I don't have a lot of experience with it. I am wondering if units built more recently are a bit better. Went to the range with a friend this past weekend and it was the first time either of us had shot our 715Ts, both carry handle versions and both new arrivals purchased within the month. I cleaned mine and did some filing on the 25 round mag before going, he did nothing other that loading the mag for about 24 hours before we went. Neither had any FTFs, FTEs or jams. He put more rounds through his as I was bouncing around between the 715T, an M&P 15-22 and several hand guns. Does the 715T feel cheap compared to my 15-22, sure it does but it was also half the price. Unless I start having issues down the line the one flaw that might prevent me from purchasing another is the tear down. Way to many screws that could strip.

I had to vote "yes" because I've already been there and bought a 2nd one :lol:
The 1st one is the 702 tact with the carry handle . I believe it's the first model Mossberg introduced.
...and tricked-out abit..

702bb_zps4e0f2401.jpg

702cc_zps2edc8e0a.jpg

Well after having such a blast with that one , I had to have the 715T FT.
What else can I say ?...I'm hooked :twisted:
m715a.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

Hey yo- picked up the carry handle version a couple of weeks ago- around 1k rounds with 1 FTE. For the price its well worth it. Ammo still hard to find......shoot em up

Well, bought new about 2 months ago. It wouldn't work from the git go. Been at Mossberg going on 6 weeks now. Hell no, I wouldn't buy another one of these junkers.
Bought a S&W 15-22 and love it.

If the 715 ever gets back from Mossberg, it will go down the road.

avery53 said:
Well, bought new about 2 months ago. It wouldn't work from the git go. Been at Mossberg going on 6 weeks now. Hell no, I wouldn't buy another one of these junkers.
Bought a S&W 15-22 and love it.

If the 715 ever gets back from Mossberg, it will go down the road.

i've felt the same way. i'm still trying to get my wife to let me by the smith. i've worked to get the ok to buy the smith, after the mossy goes...i want the smith before i sell the mossy..

I dont mind the plastic it isnt going away any time soon. I like the idea of putting a well proven rifle design and putting it in a shell that makes it more modern millitary like.

Its pretty much the same gun grandpa use to shoot around the farm but in a scary tactical shell so that we can enjoy it today.

Now we can take grandpas gun and mount LED flashlights, lazers, monopods, red dot scopes yada yada on the same old plinkster thats beena round for years.

When i tore down my 715T everything in it looks just like my J.C. higgins my dad got in the 60s from sears.

BowerR64 said:
When i tore down my 715T everything in it looks just like my J.C. higgins my dad got in the 60s from sears.

I have my Dad's J.C. Higgins Model 88 9-Shot .22 Caliber Double-Action Revolver. He bought it at Sears in 1956 or earlier. I know because I have pictures of him wearing it holstered around the time I was born. It's a great gun, even if the grips are plastic. :D

KDF-TX said:
BowerR64 said:

I have my Dad's J.C. Higgins Model 88 9-Shot .22 Caliber Double-Action Revolver. He bought it at Sears in 1956 or earlier. I know because I have pictures of him wearing it holstered around the time I was born. It's a great gun, even if the grips are plastic. :D

Mine is a model 30 and i think it holds like 15 in the tube.

absolutely NOT I have had nothing but trouble. Mags horrible!!! constant FTE's & FTF's!!! After cleaning it the fiirst time the cheap plastic case NEVER properly aligned again there are gaps all over. My biggest complaint is the jams cant fire more than 3-4 times without a jam!!! I do not understand how a reputable company like Mossberg could put their name on such JUNK!!!! Some of you may have gotten a decent rifle but for the most part I think you guys that love your rifle and preach how wonderful it is are totaly and completely fooling yourselves. I guess if you can convince yourself and it makes you feel better..... I love my other Mossberg's but the 715T is the worst firearm I've ever shot! I own a .25 Jimenez that is much more reliable than my 715T granted it may blow my hand off one day....

mike521 said:
... I own a .25 Jimenez that is much more reliable than my 715T granted it may blow my hand off one day....
:lol: :lol:

No I wouldn't buy another Mossberg after the troubles I've had with the 715t flat... The magazines are a giant pain, the gun constantly has FTF's. I own a 500a as well and haven't had any problems there but after this experience I think I would go with another manufacturer. Plenty of choices out there.

Just had to point out.
It seems to be running about 50/50 as to whether people would purchase another 715T (me...definitely).
But I just noticed something interesting.
The people that would take about two sentences to say 'yes..works great, having a ball shooting it'
The Naysayers all go on for multiple paragraphs telling FTF, misfires, failure to wash the dishes...on and on ;-)

If you read my last post you know how disappointed I am in my 715T and most of all in Mossberg for allowing this unexpectable weapon to have there usually fantastic brand name and rep. attached to it. The brand name Mossberg is the reason I chose this weapon. l prefer Mossberg shotgun's above all else and their quality & affordability are second to none in the shotgun market. However their attempt at A tac .22 definitely missed the mark! I cant believe they have continued to manufacture/market the 715T this long without some attempt to correct an obviously flawed rifle. And yes I know some of you out there love your 715T and never had any issues. Well consider yourselves lucky!!! There are just as many of us that got non feeding, non ejecting, constantly jamming, junk. I guess I should stop my rant and answer the question. I have handled a few tac .22's since my purchase and I must admit most of them had similar FTF's & FTE's but not nearly as many. Maybe one round out a mag jammed vs 8 or more out of a mag in my 715T. The only flawless rifle I shot was Sig's 522. And that thing was a beast!!! It took every cheap ammo we put through it perfectly no problems at all in the 400 or so rounds and couple hours I had to play with it. I wish I would have spent the extra $200-250 and purchased the Sig.

well, when you buy a rifle that is supposed to be a 25 round automatic and have a single shot, because of failure to feed issues/bolt lock back issues, by the time you have 75 rounds through it, it's a little ridiculous. then when it comes back from mossberg after replacing the trigger housing assembly with failure to eject issues. you tend to be very upset, especially since a firearm returned to the manufacturer should never leave a 2nd time with any defect. 3 months of the warranty is spent in dealing with the manufacturer. the rest of the warranty is spent waiting for weather to be good enough to shoot. after so many problems, i am afraid to shoot the p.o.s. and i do not feel right passing it on to someone else with out basically giving it away. i look at it as a waste of my hard earned money that could have been spent on another manufacturer that has less issues and a better track record of repair.

Why bother viewing a thread that directly ask for the opinion of the members / owners if your just going to complain about our responses and how long it took us to give it. The idea of a forum is sharing information. I would argue that a one sentence reply in most cases is pointless. How much useful info can you possibly share in 5 words? MMM GUN GOOD GO BANG!! I prefer a few more details it helps me assess the situation and come to a reasonable conclusion.

Back