• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Zimmerman, pre and post trial discussion

Will George Zimmerman be convicted or aquitted in the shooting of Treyvon Martin?

• Guilty as charged

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Guilty of charge

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Zimmerman, guilty or innocent

Too bad the NAACP won't come out and say "our young men need to straighten up, quit wearing hoodies looking like thugs. We are setting ourselves up for this kind of treatment by playing 'billy-the-gangbanger'"...but that will never happen. They see themselves as victims of anything and everything...

Though I don't agree with them, I have no problem with peaceful protests. Oakland doesn't surprise me that they had problems. Sometimes I think Oakland would have civil disobedience for no other reason than "it's Tuesday".

Why would any place other than Sanford, FL have a reason to riot? They are not involved with the case, they are not involved with the trial and Oakland is on the other side of the country. The community leaders on both sides need to establish that rioting for the sake of rioting will be dealt with expeditiously.

OhioArcher said:
Why would any place other than Sanford, FL have a reason to riot? They are not involved with the case, they are not involved with the trial and Oakland is on the other side of the country. The community leaders on both sides need to establish that rioting for the sake of rioting will be dealt with expeditiously.

For the same reason riots broke out across the country, instead of just in Memphis, when King was whacked. They all want a piece of the glory and martyrdom of being a 'victim', whether that status is justified or not. And it reinforces their lust for revenge, which in their twisted view of the world is their definition of justice.

I've seen all this before, first hand - in Memphis, beginning on April 5, 1968.

I wonder if any of them are digging 2 graves? Probably not.

Know you're getting the "retaliation stories" just to fuel this whole racial profiling issue...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

If you look in the comments, someone posted her disposition that clearly paints a totally different picture than the shitty CBS article. Todays media conglomerates are a bulk of the cancer that's eating away at our country...shame :|

OhioArcher said:
Why would any place other than Sanford, FL have a reason to riot? They are not involved with the case, they are not involved with the trial and Oakland is on the other side of the country.
because they are the real racist that just wont let this shit die. If they didn't have the race card they wouldn't have anything to blame for their waist of existence that they blame on everyone but themselves....I'm just trying to understand what race they are trying to blame for this one, the Mexican half or the Caucasian half

The white half.....cnbc lightened up the photo of they had of him to make him appear more white than latino....

They did lighten his picture early on. They usually refer to him as a "white Hispanic".

Zimmerman also has a lawsuit against NBC. Early on they edited his 911 call to put "he's looks up to no good" and "he looks black" together and aired it on their so called "news".

Now we need to see if the groups can get the Justice department to investigate Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights. With Holder and Obama in DC it wouldn't surprise me.

I do have a thought about stand your ground. I don't see how it applies here. When you are under a guy that's pounding on you, retreat isn't an option. I see this case as strictly self defense.

Obama statement:
The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

Gun violence? It's gun violence if the attacker has a gun and shoots a victim. This case is self defense. Let the blame game and twisting of this tragedy continue.

carbinemike said:
Obama statement:
The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

Gun violence? It's gun violence if the attacker has a gun and shoots a victim. This case is self defense. Let the blame game and twisting of this tragedy continue.

I'm not surprised. Obama will use anyone and anything to push his agenda. Always has, always will. He's a piece of .... . Always has been, always will be.

He's been doing everything he can for the past 5 years to create a race/class war in this country so he can exercise his Executive Power to declare a national emergency and impose a dictatorship with himself at the helm.

I'm wondering if "Trayvons' Daddys' Fiancee" was ever notified that they were forming a Neighborhood Watch? If so, did she tell her fiancée? If he knew about it, did he ever take the step of introducing himself and Trayvon to the Neighborhood Watch? That seems like it would have gone a long way to prevent this shooting. Just asking.

Edit: Removed rhetorical question before "Just asking."

So now it looks possible that defending yourself with deadly force against someone who is proceeding to beat your brains out could lead to Federal criminal charges on a civil rights violation. Give me a break!

The Justice Department said Sunday that it will review the George Zimmerman case for possible civil rights violations, after a jury acquitted the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, while Zimmerman's attorney says his client's safety is at risk.

NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous started the drive by posting a petition Sunday morning on the website MoveOn.org that is addressed to Attorney General Eric Holder.

"The most fundamental of civil rights -- the right to life -- was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," Jealous wrote in the petition.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07 ... z2Z3pGqHa4

It does not surprise me that they will look at this. It won't surprise me if they tried to charge him.

From Gunny's link:
The Justice Department has already been reviewing the handling of the criminal case in which Zimmerman, a Hispanic, fatally shot Martin, a black teen, in February 2012, raising concerns about such issues as racial profiling and equal justice.

Racial profiling is not a crime. As a citizen I can profile people any way I please. The libs I'm sure would profile me as a conservative, gun toting idiot. They have that right and that's fine with me as long as I have it too. Zimmerman said in his police interviews that he noted Martin because he wasn't familiar with him. Even his 911 call didn't mention race until prompted by the operator to describe Martin. This was made racial by the media. It's a non story otherwise.

GunnyGene said:
The Justice Department said Sunday that it will review the George Zimmerman case for possible civil rights violations, after a jury acquitted the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, while Zimmerman's attorney says his client's safety is at risk.

No.

What the DOJ did was even further.

Headline:
Eric Holder Used Taxpayer Money to Help Anti-Zimmerman Protests
http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/holder-zimmerman/

carbinemike said:
It does not surprise me that they will look at this. It won't surprise me if they tried to charge him.

From Gunny's link:
The Justice Department has already been reviewing the handling of the criminal case in which Zimmerman, a Hispanic, fatally shot Martin, a black teen, in February 2012, raising concerns about such issues as racial profiling and equal justice.

Racial profiling is not a crime. As a citizen I can profile people any way I please. The libs I'm sure would profile me as a conservative, gun toting idiot. They have that right and that's fine with me as long as I have it too. Zimmerman said in his police interviews that he noted Martin because he wasn't familiar with him. Even his 911 call didn't mention race until prompted by the operator to describe Martin. This was made racial by the media. It's a non story otherwise.

If there was any "profiling" it was mutual. They just skip right over the crazy ass cracker remark by Martin. But you're right about private citizen vs. gov't in any case. They'd have to prove that Zimmerman was acting in a official govt capacity. Which he wasn't. Anyway, as I mentioned above, this is about revenge and politics. Nothing else.

John, yep. Read about that. Disgusting. As expected from the Obama Drones.

Here’s the actual CRS expense report as detailed by Judicial Watch:
http://judicialwatch.org/press-room/pre ... -protests/

March 25 – 27, 2012, CRS spent $674.14 upon being “deployed to Sanford, FL, to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”

March 25 – 28, 2012, CRS spent $1,142.84 “in Sanford, FL to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.

March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent $892.55 in Sanford, FL “to provide support for protest deployment in Florida.”

March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent an additional $751.60 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.”

April 3 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $1,307.40 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance, conciliation, and onsite mediation during demonstrations planned in Sanford.”

April 11 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $552.35 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance for the preparation of possible marches and rallies related to the fatal shooting of a 17 year old African American male.”

- See more at: http://dcxposed.com/2013/07/11/doj-stok ... zjZkN.dpuf

If my math is correct, that is $5320.88.

John A. said:
Here’s the actual CRS expense report as detailed by Judicial Watch:
http://judicialwatch.org/press-room/pre ... -protests/

March 25 – 27, 2012, CRS spent $674.14 upon being “deployed to Sanford, FL, to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”

March 25 – 28, 2012, CRS spent $1,142.84 “in Sanford, FL to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.

March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent $892.55 in Sanford, FL “to provide support for protest deployment in Florida.”

March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent an additional $751.60 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.”

April 3 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $1,307.40 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance, conciliation, and onsite mediation during demonstrations planned in Sanford.”

April 11 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $552.35 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance for the preparation of possible marches and rallies related to the fatal shooting of a 17 year old African American male.”

- See more at: http://dcxposed.com/2013/07/11/doj-stok ... zjZkN.dpuf

If my math is correct, that is $5320.88.

That's a lot of Krispy Kreames! :twisted:

GunnyGene said:
For the same reason riots broke out across the country, instead of just in Memphis, when King was whacked. They all want a piece of the glory and martyrdom of being a 'victim', whether that status is justified or not. And it reinforces their lust for revenge, which in their twisted view of the world is their definition of justice. I've seen all this before, first hand - in Memphis, beginning on April 5, 1968.
You forgot the other reason for the riots, and don't forget Rodney King, another criminal whose treatment warranted riots. The big thing is that it is an excuse to rob and steal. Big screen TV's are common targets in race riots. Also other electronics. Pretty much all of the short list of things our taxes don't already buy for "the poor".

bowserb said:
GunnyGene said:
For the same reason riots broke out across the country, instead of just in Memphis, when King was whacked. They all want a piece of the glory and martyrdom of being a 'victim', whether that status is justified or not. And it reinforces their lust for revenge, which in their twisted view of the world is their definition of justice. I've seen all this before, first hand - in Memphis, beginning on April 5, 1968.
You forgot the other reason for the riots, and don't forget Rodney King, another criminal whose treatment warranted riots. The big thing is that it is an excuse to rob and steal. Big screen TV's are common targets in race riots. Also other electronics. Pretty much all of the short list of things our taxes don't already buy for "the poor".

Didn't forget. Just didn't bother to bring up the obvious. :) ;) Welcome to MO, btw.

Holder was just on the news, and just about promised that he would hound Zimmerman till hell freezes over, despite the fact that the FBI already did a civil rights investigation and cleared Z of any violations.

GunnyGene said:
Holder was just on the news, and just about promised that he would hound Zimmerman till hell freezes over, despite the fact that the FBI already did a civil rights investigation and cleared Z of any violations.
Holder...what a human joke.

I still have not heard any Trayvon Martin supporters even mention the beating he was inflicting on Zimmerman or that Martin's Dad told the police shortly after the shooting that it was not Trayvon calling for help on the 911 tape. None have mentioned that Trayvon had no injuries other than busted up knuckles and a bullet in the chest while Zimmerman had injuries on both front and back of his head. No, those things don't support the story they want.

Van Jones, commie and former Obama green jobs czar:
“Do I now have to dress my kid in a tuxedo so that he can go buy Skittles?” he added. “If my child is confronted by a stranger with a gun, am I now expected to tell my child – not if a police officer confronts you, but a stranger with a gun – comply, lie down, spread-eagle, do what you’re told?

“We are now left in a situation in which there are racial implications here,” Jones said. “And I think most people see this as a case of racial profiling gone awry. And what are we now supposed to do as African-American parents and Americans who care about black kids? I don’t think that white parents are expected to tell their kids to wear a tuxedo to buy Skittles and lie spread-eagle for strangers with guns. And that’s why there’s a racial dimension.”

No dumbass, tell your kids not to jump and start pounding on someone because it's wrong and they may just be armed.

Ted Nugent on the Zimmerman episode

Good article by Ted.

So this guy’s neighborhood has been burglarized off and on and the residents are very concerned for their safety and well-being. Neighbors agree to upkick their vigilance and overall level of awareness to watch out for each other and keep an eye out for suspicious individuals and behavior. It could be considered by an official designation such as “Neighborhood Watch”, but officially labeled or not, it is the purest form of Americans watching out for each other and being good neighbors.

So far so good.

So George Zimmerman sees what he believes is a suspicious individual in suspicious circumstances, and intelligently and responsibly pays attention and calls 9-1-1 to report what he sees to the officials. This gesture is proof positive he was not looking to do anyone harm or break any laws, but rather perform the fundamental responsibility of a neighbor who cares.

Doing nothing illegal or improper, he follows the individual while answering all the questions from the 9-1-1 operator to the best of his ability, keeping an eye on the individual so the authorities can hopefully intercept and determine exactly what is going on.

For reasons unknown, though I will comment on momentarily, after expressing racism and hostility on the phone to a friend in response to being followed, the suspect now changes course and turns towards George and immediately initiates a hostile verbal confrontation that quickly escalate to a violent physical assault. Within seconds, the suspect has overwhelmed George, has gained the advantage on top, pinning George to the ground, and further escalates the assault to deadly force by smashing George’s face, breaking his nose, and violently slamming his skull onto the concrete with all his youthful athleticism.

George screams frantically for help as Trayvon Martin pummels his face and head furiously, inflicting damaging and potentially life threatening wounds. Fearing for his life and about to lose consciousness at the hands of an enraged, violent attacker, George Zimmerman does what anyone who wishes to live would do, and he reaches for his concealed handgun, firing a single shot to neutralize the deadly force being wreaked upon him.

This represents the purest form of self-defense there is. It is exactly why people who believe in good over evil carry a gun to protect themselves from the well documented violence that plagues our country, in order to save our lives from a life threatening attack. Period.

http://rare.us/story/nugent-zimmerman-v ... f-defense/

Back