• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Zimmerman, pre and post trial discussion

Will George Zimmerman be convicted or aquitted in the shooting of Treyvon Martin?

• Guilty as charged

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Guilty of charge

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree LES.

I have friends of many ethnic origins.

It's not the skin color, it's the actions of the person underneath that determines whether they are a good person or not.

I have seen good people and bad people alike in all different colors.

If I don't like you, I would be able to give you a list of reasons why at the drop of a hat and they'd roll off of my tongue like water, and none of them would involve skin color.

Very well said LES and John. My "they" in this are the people that have turned a tragic case of self defense into a political football. They not only "don't waste a crisis" but have even created the crisis on this one. The news groups have helped turn this into a racial only issue for many people. For others it also includes a way to attack stand your ground laws even though SYG didn't enter into the trial. I can assure you all that the racial make up of those driving this from behind the scenes covers many ethnic and racial groups but I'd wager they are predominately white.

Here's a question (posed by my daughter):

The girl friend is quoted on Piers Morgan as saying that the cracka in "creppy ass cracka" or "crazy ass cracka" is meant to describe a security or police officer. If that is true, then did Martin knowingly attack what he believed to be an officer of some type? Or was she just blowing smoke in her illiterate, hand wringing way?

Not sure about the rest of you, but cracka has never meant security or police officer. It has always been a derogatory term for white person and is as much a racial slur as nigga is from a white person towards a black. Unless of course it is from black to black...then it is considered a greeting or term of endearment.

OhioArcher said:
Here's a question (posed by my daughter):

The girl friend is quoted on Piers Morgan as saying that the cracka in "creppy ass cracka" or "crazy ass cracka" is meant to describe a security or police officer. If that is true, then did Martin knowingly attack what he believed to be an officer of some type? Or was she just blowing smoke in her illiterate, hand wringing way?

Not sure about the rest of you, but cracka has never meant security or police officer. It has always been a derogatory term for white person and is as much a racial slur as nigga is from a white person towards a black. Unless of course it is from black to black...then it is considered a greeting or term of endearment.

She was trying to argue the differences between "cracka" and "cracker", trying to spin it to make it look like Treyvon was the innocent victim. Arguing the nuances of slang speak is pretty inane in my opinion as it is interpreted completely differently buy different people. It's the intent that needs to be addressed more so than the actual words used.

Neither were innocent of good judgment but only one decided to initiate a physical attack. Zimmerman could have been screaming the "N' word at him repeatedly and could have been the biggest racist in the world but it is still not justification for a physical attack. Treyvon had the option to swallow his anger and walk away but he didn't.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Whoa now, this is getting a little touchy.

When you say THEY, I want to make sure you're talking about criminals on the news and cop shows and not an entire ethnic group. Stupidity and abhorrent behavior transcend racial boundaries and not every member of a particular race shares the same political views...

That's who I mean, I'm not saying the entire race as there are good people. Hell, my doc is black and he's good.

There you go, always someone to keep racism alive. I don't care for the KKK nor the Black Panthers, any organizations that promote racism.

GunnyGene said:
And then there's arrogant aholes like Chris Matthews. Sorry Chris, YOU don't speak for ME. :x

Matthews To Black Guest On Race: "I'm Speaking Now For All White People... I'm Sorry"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... sorry.html

I would like to apologize on behalf of many Americans for the ignorance of Chris Mathews, he is not representative of the thinking populous. :D

And speaking of arrogant DB's did anyone else here that Keith Olbermann is coming back to ESPN? I guess he has a clause in his contract forbidding him from talking about politics. LOL

Wrenches said:
There you go, always someone to keep racism alive. I don't care for the KKK nor the Black Panthers, any organizations that promote racism.

The Black Panthers had a Justice for Treyvon rally in Tampa that drew in a whopping 3 supporters.

Wrenches said:
It only take three people to call it a riot. :roll:

I think you should be required to have at least enough people to finish a full order of Nachos. :lol: :lol:

I watched Obama on his remarks today about this. Yet another guilt trip on those who are not "African-American". Whites just don't understand the "context" that blacks are viewing this thru. I don't accept this. And I refuse to accept 'cultural' blame for it. :x

He just threw a few gallons of gas on the whole issue.

Obama enters Martin debate with personal remarks, questions 'stand-your-ground'

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07 ... z2ZWGk9GR7

If anyone doesn't already know how Obama feels personally, you should listen to his autobiography "Dreams from my Father":

NSFW warning, but I was always told if you couldn't say it to your mother, you probably shouldn't say it at all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI77cU3jsFs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdyMklPv3g[/youtube]

His indictment of everyone not black the day before Sharpton's nationwide marches/riots is interesting timing. I wonder how many people will be laying dead in the street by Monday.

I was thinking about something and wanted to ask an honest question.

If the Administration and especially the DOJ was so interested in a racial investigation of wrong doing, why are the black panthers allowed to offer a $10,000 bounty on GZ and nobody be charged or even investigated or their name dragged through the mud in the mainstream media?

And what about all of these stars and "other" politicians who violated his privacy and slandered him?

And why hasn't charges being brought against the media organizations who intentionally changed the facts and aired/printed them to suit their own agenda?

If I were GZ, I'd be gearing up for the mother of all lawsuits this country has ever seen the likes of.

To the point of forcing the Administration to take out another big loan from China to be able to pay it off.

Enough is enough.

"Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago," President Obama said Friday in the White House press room.

Does this mean Obama beat on people to where they were legally permitted to defend themselves with deadly force or was he just referring to his pot smoking? His Friday speech was over the top in being divisive. No surprise there. As with others that didn't like the verdict, it also skipped the fact that Martin was beating on Zimmerman. I'm glad that so far it seems that his speech and the rallies have not led to violence. Rallies are great, looting is a crime. It is also disappointing that those that have condemned Zimmerman as a racist have not said a word about the attacks by those claiming they were doing it for Trayvon. Again, no surprise by that.

The Senate will be looking into stand your ground laws this fall even though it wasn't even a part of the Zimmerman defense. No word yet as to how that falls under the interstate commerce clause but I'm sure they will have that covered with some weird logic.

The Senate’s No. 2 Democrat will hold a hearing on “stand your ground” laws this Fall.

Dick Durbin of Illinois announced on Friday that his Senate Judiciary subcommittee will hear testimony on state laws that give citizens the right of lethal force to defend themselves in situations where they feel their life is threatened, measures which are on the books in some form in dozens of states.
Continue Reading

Durbin’s hearing will probe the roles of the NRA and the American Legislative Exchange Council — which helps draft conservative legislation in statehouses — in the crafting of the “stand your ground” laws, his office said. Durbin also plans to examine the legal definition of self defense, how the laws have affected shooting confrontations and how the laws interact with racial profiling by law enforcement.

Not condoning unwarranted violence against another, but no matter what the law is, nor the penalty for such, but as a man, as a husband, a father and a grandfather, I will defend myself, my family and my home against anyone trying to bring harm upon it.

That is my word, and my responsibility as such.

That is all.

Back