• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Modern Musket~~never DONE~~

Hey Oli, I forget to post that I picked up a P.A. 4x fixed power ACSS scope and quick release mount. I am hoping to get it out to the range for the first time this weekend.

I hear all sorts of good stuff about Primary Arms products. I may need to pick something up. I use eBay quite a bit and don't see Oli's particular scope, but there is a 4x with the same reticle that looks a lot like the Burris AR-332.

that scope is near impossible to et. Been waiting for months before I got mine , they had 400 scopes sell out in 1 hour, have had several shipments in since then and they all sell out in a couple hours

they use that reticle in a couple different scopes now but the 1-6 is the shiz. Dimitri from PA invented the reticle and spent over a year perfecting it.

So far I'm extremely happy with the micro dot clone I got from them at a fraction of what the real one goes for. I'm starting to plan out my next one. I'm thinking I'd like something magnified this time and the ACSS reticle was on my radar. Not sure exactly which model I'm going to opt for. For the price its easy to see why they sell so quickly. Again many thanks in advance. The Millet DMS was another one I was initially interested in but the more I researched on it I kept finding folks comparing to the PA and it getting the nod instead.

Last edited:
not your average Chinese crap, its Chinese no doubt but the reason the 1-6 ACSS took so long to get out was because the QC is controlled here and it went back to the factory a few times because things weren't perfect .
So it is designed here, by PA's specs. Then they comb through the factories in China and employee one of the top factories if not the top.
They tour the factories meet the people and make agreements and expectations clear face to face....when the final product was finally approved by PA, they go through every shipment and open every box and inspect every scope before it becomes available to the consumer.

I have the micro reflex green dot. The first one I had the light sensing dimmer didn't work, sent it back and had a new one from Texas overnight. The second one did the same thing....Marshal the owner called me apologizing, said he took his personal sight off his weapon and sent it out and I could send back the other one whenever .....that sight still works like a charm to this day and I have been with PA ever since.

Wow. This is all really good stuff I'm hearing. This thread is now LEGEND.

I was going to start a separate thread to show off my work rifle (with pics of the upgrades) but I think it might kinda pale in comparison.

You really dedicated AR guys totally ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really just a new convert but I have done nothing but study and shoot them since. Never understood the big deal till I had my own, they really are nice rifles capable of a lot of things

Interesting, I may have read some about it but haven’t got familiar. Going to copper is interesting, most of my hunting buddies went exclusively to all copper, really hits hard and retains all the weight.

Funny how the military changes things and then treats the symptoms and not the dieses, change in propellant lead to chrome lined chambers and heavier buffers to slow down the BCG

They went from a 1:12 to stabilize the longer 855 and 856. Spooling everything up too fast to do the magical yaw and separation……creating the “ice pick” wound but being able to penetrate a steel helmet at 600m…..M193 is now spun too fast to do the damage intended…

Changing the ammo again, sounds like a good round though

Found this video showing a 55gr fmj shot from a 20” 1:12 twist , its doing what it was intended to…..not in and out

Well after today I don’t think the Lantac Dragon has hurt accuracy I was working up 77gr loads and got a couple 1 inch groups at 100 yards

It most definitely shifted point of impact about 3 inches right, elevation remained the same

both the hammers that have been in it look fine, shiny on the contact surface but no detectable wear

Dude, none of my carriers look like that.

I know you're using an aftermarket trigger, but they sure are slamming together. Whether upon the hammer striking the firing pin and/or when the bolt cycles rearward.

But honestly, that's the first time I've seen that big of a bite on the carrier.

Take your rifle completely apart and throw ALL the pieces in a river and let them sink to the bottom. Better yet, do it in the ocean so you expose everything to corrosive seawater. Yeah. Don't salvage a single component. Your problem is most obviously going to start with that barrel so make sure that goes in the SEAL TEAM SIX Training Ground... pronto. Obviously you have multiple issues that cannot be resolved.

Well, actually you can likely save the buttstock and the sights but that's it. I think that the brake and barrel are mostly behind this, but you need to take a shotgun approach and ditch as much as is feasable. You have your command. Do what needs to be done, and then start all over after next fire season.

Back