• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Modern Musket~~never DONE~~

1 shot at a golf ball, at 100. Cold barrel. No sighters, no checking zero. 200 yards, best of 10 shots.

Reasonable enough for 6X?

yeah, more the reticle but I will give it a try . I used to shoot them at will with a red dot inside 100.....after they get hit they fly off so....do you post someone out there to find it and set it or do you just chase it around with the rifle ?

I'll group on paper against whatever at 100 but past that I start getting a little scared

around 200 and beyond it is like a wing and a prayer with the scope on something that small.....I mean it hits well ....would be better for grouping and such past 100 if it had fine cross hairs

its cool , i like it because its a fighting scope that goes 10 to 800 in seconds with no calculations but after 100 its not a real grouper , it makes hits every time without thinking to way way out there.

yeah, more the reticle but I will give it a try . I used to shoot them at will with a red dot inside 100.....after they get hit they fly off so....do you post someone out there to find it and set it or do you just chase it around with the rifle ?

I'll group on paper against whatever at 100 but past that I start getting a little scared

around 200 and beyond it is like a wing and a prayer with the scope on something that small.....I mean it hits well ....would be better for grouping and such past 100 if it had fine cross hairs

its cool , i like it because its a fighting scope that goes 10 to 800 in seconds with no calculations but after 100 its not a real grouper , it makes hits every time without thinking to way way out there.

Did you see that Trijicon decided to use their reticle in of the ACOG models??? I didn't realize the reticle was as innovative as it was.

Ive been able to find mine fortunately enough. Stick a box behind it to catch it.

Ive got faith in ya. My P-223 doesn't have fine crosshairs, i use the holdover dots at 200. Ive only made 2/7 at 200

Did you see that Trijicon decided to use their reticle in of the ACOG models??? I didn't realize the reticle was as innovative as it was.
I saw that. I liked it and got how it worked as soon as I saw it.....then I shot with it and I was a believer.....I remember being a little disappointed because I wasn't grouping with it that great at first at 100 but once I started using the ranging piece and using the tree, as well as the wind holds at 4- 600 yards I could empty mags in center mass ......wasn't even that challenging beside reading the wind

Ive been able to find mine fortunately enough. Stick a box behind it to catch it.

Ive got faith in ya. My P-223 doesn't have fine crosshairs, i use the holdover dots at 200. Ive only made 2/7 at 200
OK, how about setting up a few in a row.

I just don't see taking a shot, walking 400 yards setting up the ball , shoot , walk 400 yards

I think you missed some on purpose subconsciously so you wouldn't have to walk down there and set it up

when i was shooting the 600 yard line I was getting pissed because after every shot I would have to wait them to pull down the target and mark it then send it back up. I would have to remount the rifle every shot.....I guarantee I would have a better group if I didn't have to do that.

I wish we lived close by you could set mine back up for me and I could kick your ass at shooting because your heart rate is elevated from shagging all golf balls

we need another challenge.....or I will just pepper a golf ball with my 10/22 , post a pic and send you packing.

yeah I'm a dick like that

IIRC i read awhile back that the monthly qualification for the SWAT sharpshooters is 1 shot at a 3x5 index card at 100 yards. Pretty sure any one of us reading this can pull that off.

wow....never touched a trigger like it in my life. Really special , helped groups almost could get 5 in an inch lol.....I probably shot 20 4 shots in an inch groups though

something unexpected, the fastest trigger I have ever pulled. I had 10 rounds at the end of the day , took off the pod , stood and let them go. just so damn fast

extremely refined feel, little nicer than the CMC in every way... The CMC is still a great trigger, but shooting them side by side the SD-E is really a step up better, I didn't expect it .
I hoped it would be better at grouping , it is......I expected the CMC to be better at run and gun, it isn't

OK, I'm lost, which trigger are you talking about?

Back