• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Modern Musket~~never DONE~~

Oh boy !
just got it in, its real nice. I like the two stage thing.
If this doesn't tighten groups a bit then I'm hopeless, or need a new barrel or different ammo lol.....its a sickness dammit
Merry Christmas to me ! lol

Oooh, nice!

You should notice a positive change in your groups with this trigger. The two stage made a big difference in mine...

hope to get out between Christmas and new year

i should update this thread, been quite the journey with this rifle

I liked the B5 grip so much on my pistol I ordered one for this rifle, I'll make a little montage when I get it

I liked the B5 grip so much on my pistol I ordered one for this rifle, I'll make a little montage when I get it

Lookin forward to it...

Have you guys had any experience with Anderson lowers? I just visited a new to me LGS and he's offering me 2 for $100 out the door. I'm not a brand snob AT ALL when it comes to AR parts... other than where it really matters (Barrel, BCG, Trigger...) so as long as they look good... they should be good huh?

I've built off of a few Anderson lowers for a couple folks, five or six I think by now. Never had any issues with specs on the lowers. I know @oli700 ran into some issues with one of their uppers though...

I've built off of a few Anderson lowers for a couple folks, five or six I think by now. Never had any issues with specs on the lowers. I know @oli700 ran into some issues with one of their uppers though...

Noted..;)

Hell, I might talk'm down to $45 a piece and buy 3... one AR for everyone in the family! Should fly in the face of the Hillary/Pelosi/Cuomo/Feinstein F*tard crowd!:rolleyes:

I picked up 3 Anderson lowers last week that I ordered from Buds. Trying to play catch up with my uppers. I haven't had a chance to start putting them together yet but will note if there are any issues.

Edit: fixed spelling error.

Last edited:
I've never heard of a spec issue with Anderson lowers. And they've sold a truck load of them too.

Noted..;)

Hell, I might talk'm down to $45 a piece and buy 3... one AR for everyone in the family! Should fly in the face of the Hillary/Pelosi/Cuomo/Feinstein F*tard crowd!:rolleyes:
had that deal with the upper. It was just a QC deal.....I would have lived with the groves inside for a pistol build. If it were a gun i would like to shoot at rang, grouping I would have sent it back on the groves alone because the worst ones were where the barrel extension beds....and you cant see the feed ramp cut hardly

the thing I couldn't live with was my iron sight wouldn't mount flat because the rails were cut so bad, so I definitely didn't want to trust any optic mounted to the rail

I was fine with all of it as I worked a machine shop and know shit happens but they acted offended and didnt give the ol customer is always right. Then I sent some pics and they sent me a label....I got an upper that was much better cut

I understand they were getting all they could from that cutter, or between sharpening but you got to draw the line somewhere even if it is a bargain price part

NOW for the lowers. I hear more people happy than not. I am super picky

I actually ran into an Anderson that had a small issue and it was a weird problem

the follower would activate the bolt catch but the bolt catch would not depress enough to set the bolt manually.....so weird .

It turned out that the plunger hole was not drilled deep enough and the finger pressure wouldn't depress the spring enough......the follower had a different leverage that just allowed lock.

so instead of sending it in we just drilled the hole a touch deeper and it works fine

the only thing I have personally seen with the lower

only other thing was when I had trigger problems , talked to CMC and one of the first things they asked is if it was an Anderson. They stated that they come with inconsistent trigger holes more than any lower they have had to try to make work

Last edited:
My spikes sbr lower had to have the opening for the trigger hole enlarged. It was very odd indeed as I've never had to do one like that before, or another after, but I did with it. 3 or 4 seconds with a dremel sanding wheel and it was done, but it was still odd to me.

All the Anderson lowers I've built up, or seen built up, have had no issues at all.

I did have a DPMS come into the shop one time that I had to fix all the bad forging pock marks from where it must've stuck in the forging mold. The customer wanted it finished in FDE anyway and I was able to do sand it down and still do that for him and you couldn't tell it once I was done, but DPMS had at least 4 opportunities to throw it back, but they shipped it out anyway. So much for QC.

68DPMSblemishcloseup.jpg

I've also seen a clearly defective disconnector that I would have never known about had I not been polishing it for a trigger job. The Parkerizing had filled the crack so it was cracked before that step. In all fairness, once the Parkerizing was done, you couldn't tell anything was wrong with it until I got down below the park. You can probably see how thick it was in the pic.

crackeddisconnectorunderparkerizing.jpg

Ive built two Anderson lowers, all i can say from experience is that Aero uppers fit them better than Anderson uppers.

Golf ball challenge buddy, you're up.

Ive built two Anderson lowers, all i can say from experience is that Aero uppers fit them better than Anderson uppers.

Golf ball challenge buddy, you're up.
ok what is that again?

see that little dot ? the top is for 100, the bottom is for 200 and 300 is the top of the tree
6x

Last edited:
Back