• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First attempt at Building a (hicap) Handgun

Sorry, John, my mistake. I went back through and I saw it on AR15.com. There are some conflicting posts. Apparently "intent" is everything when it comes to initially installing the brace.

Just saw this, Oli. Looking good. Supposedly the ATF has changed their attitude toward the Sig Brace. Forget where I saw that at, here I think, John A. posted it up?
Anyhoo, I want to build a pistol one day with the intent to SBR it.

Yeah I think short barrel rifles suck but this long barrel pistol is pretty damn cool

They changed their attitude on one hand but there is too much grey area to say how one is allowed to shoot a pistol

they deem a pistol one handed operation, most shoot it with both.
If I guy shoots a revolver from his shoulder does that make it a rifle ?

The can of worms that would be opened if they started busting people for shouldering pistols would be overwhelming to the system......more lawsuits and wrongful arrest than anyone could shake a stick at.

Brace is here to stay, as long as men are free they will shoot pistols the way they see fit.

Enforcement would be close to impossible, the effort and money to enforce it would not be worth the gain and the lack of attention to real issues

The idiot that cleared the Sig Brace should be fired but now they need to stand up to what they have allowed.

It is not our fault the Federal government is chalk full of complete effing idiots that don't know their jobs , don't know how to research what they don't know, don't ask the right questions, don't have the right answers and lack even the slightest grain of common since

Any blind freaked moron can see what the Sig brace is......I am highly disturbed that the thing is allowed because these are the people that are making decision that shape our lives......complete and utter incompetence and I for one will exploit it and take advantage of it at every oportunity because THAT is the real American way.......idiots

But not by firing my pistol from my shoulder because that's lame

Last edited:
There really is ALOT of grey area where the brace is involved. I am with you, the genius's at the ATFE said it was ok, so we might as well take full advantage.

yes my friend, the problems lie with those idiotic waist of skin morons who cant understand when they got a good thing going , got to keep poking and proding and asking and not shuting their blathering ^%##@ pie holes and being happy someone other than themselves were stupidest on that day

Keep poking and you might have to put your money where your mouth is....not wise taking on the throne when they are throwing you a bone.....yet

Last edited:
I have that same vice block set, or at least one very similar. Makes working on the barrel a snap. I got mine after a buddy and another guy cracked the upper on a brand new S&W M&P trying to take the barrel out without vice blocks to support it. I still have a few more tools to get, but I have enough to build an AR pistol, now I need to start gathering parts. I am going with mostly Anderson parts as they are built about 20 minutes from my house.

right on

i actually put this lower together while laying in bed with an ice pack on my lower back LOL.....one hammer (that I made), 2 punches and one pair of pliers. Forward assist too lol

I am going with mostly Anderson parts as they are built about 20 minutes from my house.

if they were 20 from me I would go down there and bitch about the lines in my receiver lol.....I took a BCG from another ar and ran it up and down to check the buffer function and I could hear a carrier rail dragging on the dull cutter lineso_O

That being said I have made enough gun parts, polished enough "high end" manufactures triggers to know those marks will wear in and make little to no difference in function, still since I did machine gun parts it bothers me on a QC level

Yep, plan is heavy bullets and the optimal rifle powder for short barrels.....

I think if a person customizes their powder/charge for short propulsion time, and their heavy projectiles for slower velocities i.e. Barns m/le expands at 1700fps, then I think a lot of the bs about pistol length 556 barrels would be busted.

You got a jig for that yet mike?......I have seen a couple kinds used now. Some are better

Yes, I will use a jig that a friend has. I might not if I were a good machinist or had access to a CNC mill. As it is the jig will help prevent me from making expensive chips and scrap parts.

Even better , free pays off on the jig. I got a couple buddies all over the 80's.....seen about a dozen of them done at this point

Blast Directing Pressure Chamber..... hmmmm, new concept to me. And now i'm no physicist but i do know who Newton was. And that what goes up comes back down, and some quick research on what this thing does, and how it works makes me think its a multi purpose type device. with some fancy wording to grey the lines of class 3 definition. Oli, seems to me your not building a black gun, but a very very grey one. do they make a bump fire device for an AR pistol?

Back