• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First attempt at Building a (hicap) Handgun

All the Kuuma is a booster coupled with a Krinkov....still loud as hell I imagine but nicer to the shooter and his close shooting buddies

not sure if they do a bump fire, I like semi anyway......although I would do three round burst in a heartbeat

For the first time in my existence I might do MagPul.....40 round mags are going with this handgun

Might throw a Beta on who knows but whatever it is its not going to have standard capacity, until I get through some 40's then it will rock Lancers

@dieselmudder ,

It's designed to increase back pressure and keep the shorter pistol gas system cycling as it should. These type brakes are still very loud but since all the gas is directed straight forward, as oli pointed out, it's not as bad for the shooter. With my KX3 all I hear is a short "pop"...

Found this slo-mo compensator LINK. Pretty cool! :) More specifically, high-speed photography.

So how does one keep from singing the hair on their knuckles when shooting an AR pistol? ;)

Last edited:
^ Don't put your hand in front of the muzzle...
You would lose it just from the blast

Not to long ago I was shooting barrier drills. I thought I had the barrel all the way through, the target was about 10 oclock . But unknown by me I rested the Lantac in the slot, found the target at 10, so now you can see how the ports were lined up in the slot.....I pulled wood out of my face, no shit

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a/imagejpg2_zpseac36bfd.jpg.html]
[/URL]

All I need is a BCG and charging handle….My lovely wife is getting them for me for Valentine’s Day and she made me promise not to rob parts and shoot it till then SO the will be no range report till after Valentine’s Day…..

But I can rob parts, weigh it and take pictures for you guys to check out

Stolen BCG and CH from my other rig….I was hoping for less than 6 but it’s all good I wasn’t even considering weight of the parts I bought

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a/imagejpg2_zps470db787.jpg.html]

Fireable yes, reliable? I can tell you one thing I never handled a firearm that feels this good, this thing just is going to be flat mean, and fast, I am in love with it already

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a/imagejpg4_zps88b273a8.jpg.html]

Now the bad, you guys know I am honest and report the bad with the good

The Anderson upper is the biggest piece of shit.

I mean I bet it fires and functions and that is what matters, I’ll never know cause Joe Bob is taking it back or some deal I’ll know tomorrow I sent them pics and they said “screw that were fixing that”

It wasn’t the shallow M4 cuts that bothered me

It wasn’t even the deep dull cutter grooves from stem to stern in the carrier channel

The one thing with it that threw it over for me was the out of spec rail…and even then I could deal with the handguard/upper rail mismatch but damn it my sight wasn’t seating right, it was on and didn’t feel like it was coming off but screw it….I’m done with it.

I tried to do it on the cheap and it bit me, I should have went with the blem Aero……But as the saying goes “you reach in the toilet enough you’re bound to grab a turd”

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a/IMG_0391_zps7410675d.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/2a/IMG_0394_zpsa15f5126.jpg.html][/URL
]
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

That's dead sexy brother!

I know you're gonna love running it. I've carried my pistol with me every day since its first range trip. Really sucks about the Anderson upper, but it's good to see that JoeBob is gonna make it right. They're some standup folks over there...

Thank you, I really like the way it turned out.

The Anderson is what it is....every manufacturer has a bad part or couple hundred sometimes it happens.

My bud is building one and he got the 40 dollar Anderson from AIM and it looks a lot better than mine but still I can tell why they cost less, not that it's bad ....material is right but I would much rather throw in a few extra bucks and get one done with a sharp cutter

Nope, you're not being too picky at all.

Not the worst I've ever seen, but it's pretty bad...

well Anderson wrote me and said they needed specs for my sight and the SLR rail !

Good morning.

We will need to contact you to see where you are saying the upper is out of spec.

What spec are the SLR rails to and same with the sight?
Michael Johnson
Product Coordinator

1743 Anderson Blvd.

Hebron KY 41048

Fax
859-689-4110

Phone:
859-689-4085 EX.109

I wrote them back and sent the them the same pics I put in this thread

Dear Sirs,

The GG&G sight has been an a few rifles and never has it fit like the picture I sent.

The SLR rail is new but I been through this with them because I thought it was the rail, it’s the upper

I am not going to break out the calipers to prove to you this junk should never have been sent out the door

This terrible workmanship slipped by Anderson AND by Joebob’s……unbelievable the more I think about it

Mind you this was NOT sold as a blem but not only is the rail out of spec but it is blem , beyond blem in my opinion

If the pictures I am sending in this email aren’t good enough, then please let me know quickly so I can move on with my life.

They wrote back

I think we need to replace.

I just left you a voicemail please let me know and we will get you taken care of.

We will ship this out today with a return label.
Michael Johnson
Product Coordinator

1743 Anderson Blvd.

Hebron KY 41048

Fax
859-689-4110

Phone:
859-689-4085 EX.109

So they are going to take care of it.....thought it wasn't going this way for a second this morning.
I hope the new part is hand picked because I don't have a lot of encouraging feelings to this point

Damn dude, I was get'n pissed off reading your post until I got down to the bottom. Good to see they're gonna make it right and I agree the replacement better be the best quality they have to offer...

Man I hope they get it right this time. I liked your response to them.

Be careful man, the mags is how it all starts.

Next thing you know you'll be worshiping Travis Haley and wearing black polo shirts with khakis all the time...

Back