• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First attempt at Building a (hicap) Handgun

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Got enough on it now to take a couple pics and tell what its going to look like...barrel will be here on the 7th.

Few more pieces to get, should be shooting it soon. I think I'll take it to the indoor pistol club

For some reason the color fill doesn't picture right , I cant get a pic of how it looks in person
And yeah , effed up the finish on the bolt catch/pin , again lol

I'll post more as I get it together

That's gonna be wicked.

As for the roll pin scuff, I got a few words for ya;

Birchwood casey flat black paint pen.

thanks

The plan was to camo ......then I fit it up and couldn't do it, Might get a hair though.
I thought about a sharpie for the bolt catch housing but then thought "don't care"....this little gun is going to get worked over anyway.

Looking pretty wicked my friend!!!

Gonna be a winner!!

I'm waiting for someone to bring one to the 5" barrel and up class in the monthly pistol shootout I run over at Taurus Armed. 15 yds - no problem!:cool:

CMC straight trigger?!
I've bough 2 - 3.5lb. Ones recently. Like them a lot!

That is really cool Oli. Keep up the good work. I assume the 1/7 barrel will work better for the heavier bullets you shoot and the shorter barrel length?

You are making me guilty that I have had my 80% lower for almost a 9 months and didn't even machine it yet.

Yep, plan is heavy bullets and the optimal rifle powder for short barrels.....

I think if a person customizes their powder/charge for short propulsion time, and their heavy projectiles for slower velocities i.e. Barns m/le expands at 1700fps, then I think a lot of the bs about pistol length 556 barrels would be busted.

You got a jig for that yet mike?......I have seen a couple kinds used now. Some are better

Re: 80%

You got a jig for that yet mike?......I have seen a couple kinds used now. Some are better

Do elaborate, please. I've got a few to build... (one for me, one each for the kids, f/s, f/d projects) The company I got my 80s from also sells jigs but were OOS at the time. I've watched a few videos (butchers!) and have a drill press and drill/mill to use.

I'm not in a super big hurry to do anything--gotta gather up parts x3. I'm currently "collecting" for my $250 AR "trunk" pistol... Kids will get rifles with better parts...
:D

Have you looked into these ?
http://www.80percentarms.com/collections/lower-jigs/products/80-ar-15-easy-jig

I have seen 3 different kinds used now and to me this one seemed the best trade off ......too much cost for a finished lower but no # is worth it to some.......me, I sell em and loose them in boat accidents so much #'s don't really matter

I'll probably only have this one a couple months before I loose it in the woods somewhere.....I'm cursed with loosing things

Just saw this, Oli. Looking good. Supposedly the ATF has changed their attitude toward the Sig Brace. Forget where I saw that at, here I think, John A. posted it up?
Anyhoo, I want to build a pistol one day with the intent to SBR it.

I don't remember posting the new determination letter, but yeah, the ATF are apparently frowning on the brace touching a shoulder.

But I know that no one here would break the law, so it pertains to everyone except us.

Back