• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Did you know the kids today are solving Rubiks cubes using algorithms? They also call it cubing. There are a number of cubes available and gone are the days of peeling off stickers or popping the thing apart to solve the puzzle. Instead they use algorithms and call it "speed cubing".

I've been timing teenagers this evening and have seen solve times of 1:58 to 2:28. They do it over and over again. I even had to mess up two separate cubes identically so they could compete head to head. My daughter won the head to head.

A young security guard in the lobby at work would solve those cubes super fast like that. Watched him do it behind his back once in just a couple minutes. Crazy stuff...

When i was younger I got what I considered good. I bought a book and memorized the moves for differrent scenarios. It still took me several minutes to do it. I've watched some of the competitions and am blown away at the speed in which they can solve it.

Now that I am older I have finally found the absolute fastest way to solve it.

Step 1. Place the cube on a flat surface, preferably a log near a hill.
Step 2. Step back about 5 feet.
Step 3. Shoot the cube with a gun and load of your chosing.
Step 4. Perform a happy dance after finally solving that annoying little cube.

Cubes are as bad as golf. Anybody that can solve a cube or hit a ball with a warped stick and make it go where they want it to need not be trusted until bathed in Holy water and washed of the evilness...
Hahahaha golf is the only "sport" I was ever good at.

so a contested convention....probably be the end of Trump. Those bastards hate him.
I mean I am not saying he is or is not the right guy for the job but those professional politicians would love to cut his break lines.
What a black eye for democracy, to imagine a guy like Trump being so close to being president.....I like a guy like Trump, I don't necessarily care for the idea of him being president....I have a hard time getting behind someone who feels the need to defend his dick size while on the road to the White House. Let the other guy talk out his ass....only if Trump took the high road, same attitude , same ideas just on another plane of professionalism . If I were Trump I would just act like those other guys weren't even born, I would address them when addressed and other than that I would look right through them and hear nothing just keep doing what he was doing but not like a kid in jr high arguing for class president about how he does in fact have pubes
The greatest country in the world..........I think of the government has made this country is more like Prince was for a while......the country formaly known as the best country in the world. But Prince came back and I think and hope we can to....
The people are still the best, the leadership has lost their way....I really really really hope all these prick professional politicians sit down at one table and look each other in the eye and figure out how the hell a guy that called your mamma ugly is about to be way close to being president . IT IS BROKE YOU STUPID F#$*(NG IDIOTS.....FIX IT !

Oli knows who prince is....
Kidding....

I like Trumps no bs attitude. Seems like a whole lot of Americans do too. They're sick of the same old same old routine.
Out with old in with the new....now we need to get term limits on those pricks in congress.....

its not like we are looking a Reagan and saying "but he is an actor, oh well "......
Funny thing is I want Trump because I like chaos some, I like to send a message more and we are going to freak out the world if he gets it and I like that too....

"I'm gonna try to tame your little red love machine" . . . . . .Prince

I'm hoping Trump will tame the Dems and Repubs, and I'm really hoping for this:

Trump is forced into a brokered convention, he flips off the whole party, runs as an American Independent or a Libertarian or something else, and wins, breaking the 2-party racket which is running DC.

Trump is a big city big mouth, who babbles out the social noises like a Hollywood siren, and toots his own horn like a drunken sailor. He offends me, but he really, REALLY offends my enemies: so I say "Sic 'em boy!"

That's what I'm starting to hope for, in a political sense: I'm hoping Trump will bite DC in the ass and tame this establishment run amok.

Smack 'em all right in the balls.

Dump the apple cart and let it fly.

I have never in my life wanted anarchy, and yet now I'm preparing for it expectantly, because to me this smells like the beginning of some serious crap no matter who wins the office.

I cant say as I want Trump to run this country, or even that he effectively could. General consesus here seems to be that SOMEONE needs to get in there and stir shit up. I think it will be a real eye opener for a country thats settled into just blindly following, and tolerating. If he pushes it to the breaking point and S finally does HTF then so be it. It may just be the reset this country needs to get back to its roots of hard work, ethics, and reap what you sow.

It would have been nice if Trump had run as a Democrat and buried Hiliary. Then my favorite candidate, Anybody But Clinton, would be a lock.

That cop that got hit and died on the freeway in California. What a cool dude, he carried that old lady around , had a bunch of positive good things in his career .
I saw the video of that guy carrying that old lady for the first time the other day on the news.
What pisses me off is it is the first time I have seen it......the media needs to spread more of those stories around. They are too eager to only show the things that may have went wrong and or been spun to look wrong.
Well these guys do have a job to do and face decisions that would make most of these critics piss down their leg......yeah there are bad seeds, show me a place in government , public service, military that there is not a bad seed or history of a bad seed that gave the organization a black eye.
There is also the fact that the people making these decisions make mistakes. Training and all the time in the world sometimes is not enough and even the most seasoned folks are susceptible to a bad or misinformed decision.
They depend on a lot of second and third hand information and also need to proficiently communicate with each other. It is chaotic and very dynamic in nature constantly changing.....a very easy environment to make a mistake
Too bad all the controversial videos and stories are dominating the news outlets, people need to see more of these positive folks taking care of the community.
Too bad he had to die for me to see what a good cop he was

Back