• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

Ah yes, cows and limp wristed glock shooters! If only there was a cute rhyme for that.

@cmcdonald

Hearing anyone squawking about fire season ?

Canada is asking for help, I am sending a couple of my Taskforce Leaders to Alberta tomorrow

My only TFL's with passports, I don't have one.....and last years season was enough for the state forester to sign me off as Operations Section Chief 2..... , oh well I am sure I'll have my hands full enough before too long

Hope you guys don't burn too hard this summer

@cmcdonald

Hearing anyone squawking about fire season ?

Canada is asking for help, I am sending a couple of my Taskforce Leaders to Alberta tomorrow

My only TFL's with passports, I don't have one.....and last years season was enough for the state forester to sign me off as Operations Section Chief 2..... , oh well I am sure I'll have my hands full enough before too long

Hope you guys don't burn too hard this summer
It doesn't surprise me they're already asking for help in Alberta, its an early season considering some areas of mid-Alberta have had snow on the ground up to a couple weeks ago. I heard in the last few days that the wildfire threat there had really ramped up.

We hardly had any snow in southern BC this year and it's been unusually dry for what we're used to. The snow packs in the mountains are way down from what we traditionally have as well.

It's shaping up to be a wicked fire season across the west. Think we're gonna see some biggies this year.

Have you guys had less rainfall and snow than usual this year? I know being about 7-8 hours south of me you get less normally anyway but it's been so dry here this winter.....

Ain't that the truth!! Actually a place called Cache (cash) Creek just a couple hours north of here got hammered by a massive rainstorm and flash flood a week ago. Did major damage...some 20-30 homes are uninhabitable and I think a few got knocked off their foundations.

Small scale compared to what's happening in Texas...but crappy all the same.

Last edited:
Have you guys had less rainfall and snow than usual this year? I know being about 7-8 hours south of me you get less normally anyway but it's been so dry here this winter.....

rain fall is good but snow pack is 0......for three years now. We been chasing escaped burn piles all week , just caught one 20 minutes ago that went 2 acres on flat ground with no wind so yeah.....its here

rain fall is good but snow pack is 0......for three years now. We been chasing escaped burn piles all week , just caught one 20 minutes ago that went 2 acres on flat ground with no wind so yeah.....its here
Yeah...you're gonna be a busy dude this summer Oli!!

Yeah either way, fires....if no fires then personnel problems
I've done my share of mgmt and supervisor duties over the years...I'd take the fires!!:confused:

I'm going to stop say things like "the hammer of Thor" or "the hammer of the scots" or "the hammer of the gods".

I don't know what these things are.

What I do know;
I know how a blacksmith swings a hammer.
I know how iron workers and boilermakers swing a hammer. In fact, we don't call them hammers, they're called "beaters". A 2 pound beater is kinda small and should be avoided. A good sized beater is 4 pounds, an 8 pound beater is reserved for when things really need to be persuaded, but generally 4 pounds works for most every day scenarios.

Back