• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

LES... sometimes, I dunno.

I mean, she seems to be gettin better, but then she still cries and has a hard time movin around. She responds best to Ally.

She gets up and moves around a little each day, and shell find some sun to lay in durin the day. But she doesnt spend much time up.

I'm optomistic shes healing, and it doesnt seem to be quite the things Dan and I talked about, though some sort of injury for sure. We discussed some spinal issues and infections. Lyme disease, seems out and there isnt a fever so infection doesnt seem to be a problem either.

We're just babyin her for now till we can get her to a vet. She isnt declining and infact is putting some of that weight back on that she lost. I'm more and more confident the problem is injury, but not dysplasia. I'm leanin towards ligament, muscle or tendon.

Sux, we've been around animals long enough and have diagnosed all sorts of problems accurately on our own and havent had any serious injury among 18 animals in years. We've even patched up dogs after fights. We've taken animals to the local Doc 3 times in 12 years...

This has been stressful though, still is infact.

IDK whether to be happy she up n movin around or sad cuz she has bad days...

Mrs. Ripjack's still leaning towards the lymes.....

Thanx for the update big guy....

a bit late to the pup talk, a month or so ago, my dog was acting similar. laying around, hardly moving. Aspirin wasn't seeming to help any. finally broke down and took her to the vet, he said that he thought that maybe one of us rolled over on her in our sleep or she slept wrong and was basically a bit sore.
we got some pain pills that are a variation on tylenol (wasn't acetaminophen) that knocked her but out. after she woke up, she was fine for a couple hours. After a couple days, she was fine.

Lookin more and more like dysplasia. Still gotta do xrays to confirm...

If it is she has little life to look forward to. It cant be fixed, only treated. But she drags her back legs, it looks like her back end only is drunk. Poor thing is almost totally atrophied at he back end, there isnt enough muscle to help keep the joints intact. I've seen heavily muscled bulldogs with hip dysplasia live out decent lives just cuz their structure otherwise helped keep the hips intact.

The setter we got isnt going to work out either. If he was an only dog, he would be totally awesome! Hes so gentle and loving and comes in to lay at your feet, doesnt beg at the table, isnt crazy wild with energy, and likes the kids. A great dog! But he has picked fights with each of our other dogs. He chewed through American Bulldog Judges fence to get to Judge. If it wasnt for the collar he was wearing, Judge would have killed him. That collar had some nasty gashes and gouges all over it... as well as a lot of blood. Max came out ok with only minor cuts from bites. Judge was uninjured. That was also the first time we ever saw any aggression from Judge in 4 years.

Judge is goin too. I've been tryin to find the right home for him. There is a guy a little north of me who bred Judges mother, he wants Judge and that would be the perfect place for him to go.

Super Dave may find a home on a farm with a miniture pony as a pasture buddy.

Our life is crazy right now and its a leaner time than we've experienced in the past. We have to scale down, though I may get another pointer. We still hunt for food and I need a dog that can find birds.

Stickin with the random theme of the thread;
I was talkin with someone about huntin for food some time ago. The persons response was "Why? Did the grocer stop sellin meat?"

Anyhow, I found pointer pups from solid huntin stock in central KY. Dogs that hunt wild birds and arent afraid of heavy cover and woods. I like a woods dog... I really like Ivy. She"ll hunt the woods no problem. I dont think she can hunt anymore. Her spirits seem better, but shes copin with it, not actually gettin better.

Darnit.

Sorry to hear brother.

That sucks the setter isn't workin out, but you can't force it. Gotta do what's best for them. Thanks for the update on Ivy and keep us posted...

LES, thanks man.

I just appreciate yall bein here and listenin to me as i have to get some of this off my chest. Its helps just to talk through it.

Yep, I know, Thanks!!! :D

I'm takin Judge up the road tomorrow to meet up with the guy that bred his momma. He talked to the other guy who worked on the breeding in Jersey. He said if Judge was a female he'd be alll over it... If he wants Judge, he'll be close.

Jenny wont go. She's already cryin. Judge has always been here and no where else. He's a big baby, a 4 year old 80 lb. pup who will ignore barriers and will put himself in places a rat terrier cant go.

I dont know for sure he'll take Judge. Hes old school and likes harder dogs, not big mush balls. He's bred hog dogs in the past and likes workin dogs to be hardened. Judge gets nervous, not that hes a tweeker... I dont know.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Attachments

• Judge (Small).jpg
    Judge (Small).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 695
I broke my glasses in half last night. I barely bumped them and they just snapped. Probably metal fatigue from years of use. Not a good way to lead into the weekend. Going to take at least a week to get another pair. I've tried the 1 hour places in the past and for whatever reason they can never seem to get my script right.

This is one of those times I am glad I always have a couple flavors of JB Weld on hand. That stuff had saved my but more times than I can count.

I bought my wife some glasses online. I have to check my computer to see what place it was, but they had very good prices. She is very happy with them too. You want me to link up the page for them? Or are you set?

Back