• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

That cop that got hit and died on the freeway in California. What a cool dude, he carried that old lady around , had a bunch of positive good things in his career .
I saw the video of that guy carrying that old lady for the first time the other day on the news.
What pisses me off is it is the first time I have seen it......the media needs to spread more of those stories around. They are too eager to only show the things that may have went wrong and or been spun to look wrong.
Well these guys do have a job to do and face decisions that would make most of these critics piss down their leg......yeah there are bad seeds, show me a place in government , public service, military that there is not a bad seed or history of a bad seed that gave the organization a black eye.
There is also the fact that the people making these decisions make mistakes. Training and all the time in the world sometimes is not enough and even the most seasoned folks are susceptible to a bad or misinformed decision.
They depend on a lot of second and third hand information and also need to proficiently communicate with each other. It is chaotic and very dynamic in nature constantly changing.....a very easy environment to make a mistake
Too bad all the controversial videos and stories are dominating the news outlets, people need to see more of these positive folks taking care of the community.
Too bad he had to die for me to see what a good cop he was

I can't find who you are referring to. All I can come up with is anything but that...got a link?

One of our locals, fire captain Pete Dern was severely burned putting out an apartment fire when he dropped went through a roof, and into a burning room below.

As it turns out we used to skateboard at the same park back in 1976.

What's really weird is that I saw it happen on live TV, but I didn't find out until much later who he was, and then it was through a skateboard forum.

Poor guy lost a lot of skin, 3 mos in the hospital. When he got out last July they paraded him around on TV all covered in bandages like the Invisible Man. It was still pretty horrific.

When I read the news reports this one thing keeps coming to me. The only way to get Mexico to pay for Trump's wall is to have the Mexican citizens in the United States pay for it with their labor and by that I mean the illegals and recently amnesty/sanctuary people.

We go to them and say okay you're an illegal or you were made a citizen by the grace of America do you have a job? ...are you paying taxes?

No? We have a we have a construction job for you. We teach you to drive a forklift and change the tires on this dump truck. You get room and board and we pay you some money too but you gotta pay taxes and go to our school to become an American citizen.

The drug cartels have invaded America so I checked Mexico. Yup. Theyre coming from Mexico. We have every right and responsibility to build a wall to protect the American citizens from the very criminals that illegal aliens are running to America to get away from.

But maybe Mr. Trump should forget about building the wall.

Maybe we should simply invade Mexico. Wipe out the cartels, cripple the Mexican government, and make them a territorial possession of the United States for the purposes of our national security.

We have millions of out-of-work Millennials who are training at Playstation computer simulations. We have Industrial robots building the parts and computers for motorized dones...Wheeled and flying.

We have lots of out-of-work factories to build the rest and assemble an army of plastic death.

I don't think the Mexican Government would hold out very long against an army of emotional Millennials with their fingers on the remote control joystick.

I'll just put this here where nobody will see it because I'm probably way off base.

I'm thinking about Orlando... Is it possible that if there were just one person there that
wasn't drunk, wasn't stoned, wasn't unaware, wasn't unarmed, and wasn't cowardly in that bar...
is it just possible that fewer than 50 people would have died?

Who knows....who's to say they didnt rush his sorry ass and that's how he got to kill even more. I haven't followed it in a couple of days So I could be wrong...

Maybe they did. I'd like to think so, but I have my doubts. I'd rather die in the rush than be shot crying in a corner... but that's just me.

Waiting for more reports to support the Ripjack theory.

I read a number of reports today from disgruntled gays who have decided that maybe the NRA wasn't such a bad idea after all.

In my mind, I had the wrong impression. I thought this guy had smuggled weapons inside.

But now my understanding is that he shot his way in. Shot the one security guard, and started plugging people at random. He worked his way across the floor until he got to the bathroom and started shooting people in the bathroom.

From what I read this morning this guy claimed that he had bombs and people who were watching him inside the club called-out on their cell phones to say he had bombs or a bomb or was putting on a bomb vest.

They probably detonated whatever they found, but it might just have been a fake bomb. They must analyze the bomb debris and figure out what was in it.

I assume that they have done that, but are not releasing results. That makes it seem like there's something else going on in this investigation. Of course they're investigating the wife but they will be investigating all his friends again at this point too, looking for Clues to who he was involved with.

I gotta rant...

"The United States has more than 310 million weapons, about one for every citizen."

Another 40 mill and we should be just about right, because we at the trigger know these lesons well:

If the Russians had one gun per citizen, Stalin would have lost.

If the Chinese had one gun per citizen, the name Mao would be unknown.

Maybe 10 million dead Russians would have been spared. Maybe 30 million dead Chinese would have lived if they could shoot back. (Some say 60 million!)

Oh yeah Hitler's famous 6 million dead Jews? Yup. :)

Happy firearms enthusiasts, rather than chared bones.

Sure they would have shot each other once in awhile because that's how people are. You are just not going to get away from that. There will always be a certain number of bad people who will screw things up, But the world's worst mass murders ever AND a near-genocide would have been Prevented!

So far the media have made sure that people are never reminded about it in that respect. This fact is never taught in our schools.

This is a really simple Choice once people understand their choices.

Stay armed and stay free. Disarm and maybe become slaves. Or dead. Or fugatives... We could be the next flood of illegal immigrants as we fled into Canada to get away from the horrible situation here.

Unfortunately our government and celeb ELITISTS and their coopted media celebs are fighting tooth-and-nail to restrict our choices, and to restrict our ability to discuss and to understand and to promote our choices.

They want to control what can be said in public. They want to control which things are being promoted as, "in the public interest".

The internet is going to change all of that, but the problem is: people now using it as a social tool are going to have to learn 20 or 30 years more "reality" before they really know what is socially possible and what is not, because they don't have a clue what is economically and physically possible at this point, having pretty much never done anything in life.

In that 20 to 30 years, all jobs which are physical labor are going to shift almost totally to machines and 3rd world sweatshop contractor operations. The choices for young people are far more serious than they were in the 60s (but still less onerous than they were in, say World War II!)

Hopefully they study a bit more history before they make their political decisions.

This is the shit I think about when I can't sleep at 2 o'clock in the AM.

I wonder if people in Australia ever get nervous when they look at China on the globe?

Sure, Oz is a hard place to invade, but its citizens can't defend it.

Our government is willing to "believe" that the Chinese only want Formosa.

Could they possibly want more?

If Australia suddenly needed a huge militia today, where do they get the arms? How long will it take them to train all their kids to shoot?

Back