• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

I was watching one bad movie (might have been sci fi network too...) every time someone picked up a gun, drew it from a holster, or pointed it at something, it made a racking noise... it got laughable when 20 cops drew their pistols at the same time.

Man... So much goin on.

Things I wanna be excited about. And things Jennny has me doin, like remodeling the bathroom.

But I'm having to keep an eye on my littlle pointer. Shes not been doin real well, and today shes even worse. I think she ate something that wont pass. Weird thing though is i have never before seen her chew anything up and eat it. My bulldogs do that, but never Ivy. She carries stuff in her mouth and has a stash where she collects stuff. Even if she chews something, she doent even leave a scratch. Shes a soft mouthed bird dog and I've never had to break her of chewin stuff.

Even over the last few days, she really hasnt been eating, but she still seemed and behaved normally. She runs wide open all day and night and almost never stops. But today she wouldnt even get up out of the dog house. I coaxed her out but just barely. When she gets a drink of water even she vomits it back up. I gave her some stuff to get her to eat just a little and it should help her ... "go". If not, if her intestines are blocked, I cant afford the surgery... I'll have to put her down. I'll have to shoot her.

Shes actually in pain, I mean really in pain right now. I cant pick her up without hurting her and under her own power she can barely move. She an outside dog, and is always on a suspended zip line. If ever she is loose, man she goes! But I took her off the line this mornin and she hasnt moved.

Dont know yet what I'm gonna do here. She was teachin me in the field, teachin me how we were gonna huint birds, she knew what she was supoosed to do when I didnt. Shes also the first of our dogs that is really my dog. Well, I think she has always liked Allison better, but shes my dog...

Damn bro, really saddened to hear about her pain. I know it's not easy, but I hope she comes through it ok. Keep us posted and I'll send some prayers your way...

Thanks LES. Not lookin forward to havin to out to the field one last time.

One thing she always gets excited about is seein the orange vest and a shotgun... Think I'll try gettin the stuff out to see if she reacts at all.

Dont wanna shoot my dog man, but it aint right leavin her in pain if we cant get her through it.

Hey man, I'm sure you've probably already looked into this stuff, but I thought I'd post it up anyway...

Depending on the size and type of item that is in the dog's small intestine, inducing vomiting may dislodge it so that it can pass through the small intestine or come up with the vomit. Induce vomiting by dosing your dog with hydrogen peroxide (one teaspoon per every 10 pounds), syrup of ipecac or a mixture of equal parts salt water and mustard seed water.
In some cases, a lubricating agent such as petroleum jelly can also assist with relieving the intestinal blockage. Smear a small amount of petroleum jelly on your dog's favorite food or treat to encourage it to eat it.
Canned pumpkin in pureed form is a holistic remedy for easing the passage of a foreign object and softening stools. Liquid stool softeners may also assist with removing a blockage.

Read more: Holistic Remedy for Intestinal Blockage in a Dog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5767818_holisti ... z1pVDaUeFk

Just tryin to help...

Thanks man, I do sincerely appreciate it.

We're doin the canned pumkin right now. She litterally has no interest in food at all but we have force fed her and made her swallow. She vomits everytime she drinks water... just in so much pain she doesnt even wanna move.

Just so... ugh. I dunno. Even yesterday she was runnin up and down her line. We know she wasnt well, but she was still up and movin. Today, she just seems to be fadin fast.

Dude, Niko and I are pulling for her. He had the same deal when he was a pup . Had my son in the ER for respiratory flu and the pup was sick as hell, had him in the parking lot because he started puking in the truck. He was trying to crap and puke at the same time, I almost cried and he finally puked up a half of a beef rib. He got better after that sucky day. He was sick for about 3 days with that before he finally threw it up. That was the day I realized I would go broke or sell stuff, guns included, to fix him.

Thanks GLG2, as always its appreciated.

I feel ya Oli... We had one of our bulldogs sick with amoebic dysentery when he was about 6 mos old. He nearly died and we just barely saved him.

With Ivy, I cant sell enough soon enough to fix her I'm afraid. Surgery is gonna be out of the question unless by miracle. I know its kinda cold, and believe me when I say I love my little dog, but we have long been of the belief that suffering animals are put down.

Ivy really is my most loved among my dogs... We're tryin, still hangin on to hope. Jenny and Allison have been hand feeding her tryin to get her to come around the bend. Theres little else we can do.

Rossignol said:
I know its kinda cold
No, it sounds like reality. It is what it is and has nothing to do with whether you love them or not, of course you do, be easy if you didn’t. Been there too……… but she is going to pull through this man.

Hey Brad...I am truely agonizinig with that news. I feel for ya.
my wife said castor oil mightt help loosen it up. And plain asprin will help her wirh pain. Not tylonal but the bayer stuff. Non coated.

I hate to offer this up but...have you talked with Dan? He's a vet...it might help. Idk how close you guys are but a phone call from a pro might shed some light on the situation at hand.

Yeah man, I thought about callin... and I may yet.

She made it through the day, and we have seen some encouraging signs she may make it another and beyond.

She pooped. I know it isnt conversational table talk, but she did. The pumpkin is workin and we gave her the Bayer earlier as well.

But our diagnosis may be off though. Her belly isnt hard or stiff or bloated the way you would expect with intestinal blockage. And it seems the pain is isolated to one side... I dont know how to explain it but it seems like it hurts when she moves her left leg. Not the leg exactly, but the hip like if she stretches her leg. So this is where I should talk to Dan. I dont know what else organ wise could be there that would be in pain enough to prevent her from eating...

Oh. as I'm typing, I wonder if her stomach has flipped or turned or whatever its called... crap. I got some researchin to do! But still, the left side seems to be affected.

Nah, not her stomach...

Shes still gettin along today. She ate without being hand fed. She still doesnt wanna get up but she will if she has to go. She still wont go where she eats and sleeps.

Back