• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Terrorist Attack In Orlando, FL

.....everyone worried about being caught with a gun, no one worried about being caught without a gun. . .

I'm lucky I spotted the signs in time. I coulda been in the "caught without" camp.

BTW, all you folks were influential in my current appreciation of our deteriorating defense situation.

Caddmann, it is by far more important to open your eyes and realize the world around you so you are better prepared for what is to come.

I have no doubt that at some point individual right to own weapons will cease. It's up to you how you want to face that. I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive.

2013 I thought it might have happened.

This time during an election year it's all dog and pony.
I agree with you 100% for this year. I should have been more clear. I was thinking some time in the future. The way the democrats and media clamor for it and outright lie it just seems like its a matter of time until they eventually get another AWB passed on the sheep. I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: I still don't any laws passing this year but I don't like the sound of this:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says he be may be “open” to placing new gun controls on law-abiding citizens following the terror attack on Pulse Orlando.

According to
CBS News’s Steven Portnoy, McConnell has a meeting with FBI director James Comey and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Wednesday. Portnoy Tweeted that McConnell has signaled he may be willing to consider new gun controls after that meeting.
There is no word on what additional gun controls McConnell might be “open” to discussing.

I can't stand Mitch McConnel.

Last edited:
I don't see another AWB passing even in the future But that's just me.

Hell recent online polls show nobody wants gun control.

I checked and ammo prices dropped again today.

M80 went from 65 to 55 a round.

FYI my contacts are schumer and gillibrand. Wasted air for me.
I feel for you. I have the libtard Casey and the RINO Toomey. Casey has already put forth a feel good law since Orlando to put people convicted of misdemeanor hate crimes on the federal list of prohibited persons.

It looks like they are discussing some feel good legislation:
Trump, GOP lawmakers open door to restricting gun buys for those on watch list
A congressional push to ban or restrict gun sales for those on terror watch lists gained bipartisan momentum Wednesday, with everyone from key Republican lawmakers to Donald Trump to the National Rifle Association opening the door to discussing the idea.
The presumptive Republican presidential nominee indicated interest in the push in a tweet Wednesday morning announcing a meeting with the NRA.
I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.
The meeting comes as discussions are underway on Capitol Hill on whether lawmakers might be able to proceed on a measure to crack down on firearms sales to those on terrorism watch lists or no fly lists, in the wake of the Orlando terror attack that left 49 people dead at Pulse nightclub.
The shooter, Omar Mateen, had been on a watch list for 10 months before being removed.
The congressional proposal, in some form, may be one narrow area where Trump and presumptive Democratic rival Hillary Clinton find common ground. At an event in Virginia, Clinton said, "If you are too dangerous to get on a plane, you are too dangerous to get a gun."
The NRA, for its part, has walked a fine line on such proposals. On Tuesday, it tweeted that bans for people on watch lists are "ineffective, unconstitutional, or both."
Chris Cox, director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, clarified Wednesday that the NRA "believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period."
He said those on a watch list who try to buy a gun "should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing." If there's evidence of terrorist activity, he said, the sale should be blocked and the suspect arrested. But he added, "At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed."
That falls in line with a plan from Republican Texas Sen. John Cornyn to let the government delay firearms sales to suspected terrorists for up to 72 hours.
A Cornyn aide confirmed to Fox News that the senator is now in talks with California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein over her revived proposal to outright ban gun sales to those on such lists. Feinstein's plan goes further than Cornyn's and is the legislation most Democrats are backing.
"We all agree on stopping known or suspected terrorists from purchasing a weapon, the question is whether we do it in a way that's constitutional," the Cornyn aide said.
Republicans' main point of contention with the Democrats' approach has been that one incorrect entry could deny someone their Second Amendment rights. But the Orlando attack has spurred renewed interest on both sides in exploring revised legislation.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday he was "open to serious suggestions from the experts as to what we might be able to do to be helpful.”
The Washington Post reported that Republican Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey also is working with former New York mayor and gun control advocate Michael Bloomberg on a measure to keep guns out of terrorists' hands.
On Tuesday, Maine’s Republican Sen. Susan Collins and independent Sen. Angus King said they’d be ready to support a measure to prevent those on watch lists from buying a gun.
Any similarities between Trump and Clinton on gun laws, however, end on this issue. Trump told an Atlanta crowd Wednesday that some of the "carnage" in Orlando could have been avoided if others in the club that night were armed.
It's unclear whether all sides can find common ground on the watch list issue in the coming days. Feinstein's proposal was defeated in the Senate last December, a day after the San Bernardino shootings left 14 dead.
That same day, the Senate also fell short of the necessary votes for the rival plan by Cornyn.

First off, my sympathies typically do NOT follow the gay "community", BUT in their responses, Obama and Hillary have again revealed their true agenda:
Clearly, appeasing Saudis is actually more important ($$$) than defending the LGBT people they've been kissing up to in their guise of progressive liberals
(while they sell billions in arms to Arabia.)

It's a big mystery in DC that crazy Moslems will kill gays just for sport. It's not a mystery if you live over there I imagine.

You'll never see, "Suicide bomber destroys gay nightclub." in a Saudi newspaper.

Bombers are available, but no gay clubs are allowed to exist there.

Having your rights taken away because you end up on a list is ripe for government abuses and contrary to the Constitution and the rule of law.

What does it take to get on a watch list?

What does it take to get off a watch list if you are placed on one errantly or should not have been placed on the list in the first place?

A suspicion that someone is doing something is nothing more than that. If the FBI has evidence of something, the FBI should act on the evidence they have. Bring charges against them and then cease the ability to buy a gun until after the hearing is over depending on the outcome.

But not because of some super secret list that has super secret judges and super secret conditions and circumstances that only the government knows about or is in charge of.

Contrary to public belief these days, Citizens have rights. Whether they like it or whether they don't.

Here is what the 5th amendment says about losing your rights without due process of law.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

I notice here, for the first time, that it says "no person" and not "no citizen".

I'm surprised they got that past the slaveholders. Maybe a slave was not considered a "person" for the purposes of law. o_O

From the teaparty.org

"Mateen had been hired by G4S, a company that, along with other security firms, had been “leaned on” by the Obama administration to hire Muslims.

Those companies had been encouraged to “look the other way a little bit” when it came to background checks to ensure they weren’t hiring a “bunch of white weekend warriors playing Army.”

If these responses indicate how the Obama administration as a whole reacted to the shooting, it is sick in more ways than one."

Piffle.

When moslems start following the Geneva rules, I'll worry about that ammo Mike.

More stupidity coming from the usual suspects.

I could've done without hearing or seeing him. He's only relevant in his own mind.

Back