• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Terrorist Attack In Orlando, FL

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
It looks like a gay bar was targeted in Orlando, FL with over 50 killed and 50 wounded. It is being investigated as a terrorist act. The shooter died in a gun fight with police. The weapon is listed as "an assault rifle" although he also had a hand gun and possibly a bomb. His family has denounced the shootings. He recently changed his name from Omar Mir Seddique to Omar Mir Seddique Mateen. He apparently had a great hatred for homosexuals.

Here come the anti gunners guys. They will do all they can to play up the "assault rifle" direction and do all they can to ignore and change the narrative away from terrorism.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ay-nightclub-in-fl-a-mass-casualty-situation/

13428662_1148070378585203_5268047136147346886_n.jpg

Announced allegiance to ISIS.

Was investigated by the FBI in 2015 as a radical sympathizer.

Was organized and this was pre-planned as part of ISIS pledge to make Ramandan bloody.

I have been filling Ross in on the Side.

This is horrible. Prayers to those effected.

Obama down played his usual rhetoric. Due to he had to acknowledge this as a primary terror act first.

Small bit on guns.

Largest terror attack on US soil to date. In a gun free zone of course.

It looks like he called 911 before the attack and pledged himself loyal to ISIS.

The gunman who killed at least 50 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando early Sunday called 911 before the attack and pledged his allegiance to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, law enforcement officials reportedly told NBC News.
Gunman told 911 operator he swore his allegiance to al-baghdadi, then went on shooting massacre -@PeteWilliamsNBC https://t.co/hQqxoxn6b5
— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) June 12, 2016
Officials identified Omar Mateen, 29, as the shooter and revealed he had been “on the radar” of federal authorities. Mateen was born in the United States, but his parents are from Afghanistan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Omar S. Mateen, the Florida resident suspected of killing 50 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, called 911 before the shooting and swore allegiance to Islamic State, NBC News said on Twitter.
In a posting on its web site, MSNBC said Mateen swore allegiance to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
(Reporting by Timothy Ahmann; Editing by Nick Zieminski)

Largest terror attack on US soil to date. In a gun free zone of course.

Tough one on this. Club serving alcohol so ccw in this environment is iffy. Armed off duty cop engaged early but he got in the building.

Think it took the officers 2 hours to breach the club which is probably why the death toll is so high with 100 people shot with 50 dead.

FB will be covered with rainbow flag profile pics again.

Has anyone ever seen the movie The Animal? At the end?

I apologize, I'm completely jaded on this topic anymore. The liberal left doesn't care anymore than how they can use it and nothing we say will change the minds of those who buy their crap. I'm dealing with a family member now who began texting me first thing this morning about it using this massacre as being exactly the reason we need more gun control. He's voting for Hillary and he's gay. There is absolutely nothing that will change his mind. Actual facts certainly won't. My wife texted him and actually forbade him from texting me anymore today. My blood pressure was nearly 180 over 104 and I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet.

I want to be sympathetic but I'm not. The left will use this and the guy was under surveillance. What does that tell you? Gay men won't even see the truth of what this is. This is part of the war being fought already. This has all happened already in other countries. It's war. If we don't see it that way we're gonna lose.

Water Monkey, to my knowledge, this was a gun free zone.

Rossignol, you are correct. They don't care how they spin it, they just want to ban guns.

Tough one on this. Club serving alcohol so ccw in this environment is iffy. Armed off duty cop engaged early but he got in the building.

Think it took the officers 2 hours to breach the club which is probably why the death toll is so high with 100 people shot with 50 dead.

I'll correct my statement in that it's obviously not the largest terror attack. But it is the largest since 9/11 against the modern terror threat being jihadis.

Believe it is a gun free zone due to the alcohol. Florida, as a state, has a huge ccw shall issue presence in our union.

It is indeed a gun free zone.

Ohio in recent years passed a law allowing concealed carry in places where alcohol is served so long as you're not drinking.

This is going to sound pretty cold, but I will wager there is a run on AR15s when the gun shops open tomorrow. I also think the days of discounted prices and plenty of availability may be over for the AR15. Take care. Tom Worthington

the left has to be going nuts...one of their cause celeb little subgroups attacking another cause celeb little subgroup...no problem...just blame the guns, and the legal gun owners...makes total sense.

FB will be covered with rainbow flag profile pics again.

I'm dealing with a family member now who began texting me first thing this morning about it using this massacre as being exactly the reason we need more gun control. He's voting for Hillary and he's gay. There is absolutely nothing that will change his mind.
I'd ask him why this went down like this if the odds were at least 100 to one against the shooter. I believe that just 30 dedicated 5th graders could tackle an adult.
I'll bet all the patrons were all huddling in a corner and crying. I have no respect for that behavior. If my friends and I were trapped there we would go all Flight 93 on someone like that. Sure I'd probably die in the battle, but I wouldn't live in shame for the rest of my life.

I want to quote one of my instructors, Gabe Suarez:
...My order of preference: Live Hero, Dead Hero, Dead Coward, Live Coward. Any sort of hero, alive or dead, is better than any sort of coward. And if you are going to be a coward, you may as well have the decency to be dead.
I would rather smile up at my family as the dead intruders' broken and bleeding bodies surround us on the floor and die knowing that I did my part as a man and as a warrior to keep them safe before passing on. That is much more preferable than hiding in the shadows outside like a despicable poltroon, in the hopes of being a good cowardly witness when the real men come to the rescue. --Gabe Suarez 2002​
images

There are reports of grown men huddled and hiding in bathroom waiting to be shot. The gunman jihadi controlled the place for two hours.

And you make an excellent point. Why didn't anyone band together to fight?

Back