• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Terrorist Attack In Orlando, FL

So Shrillary calls for gun bans and more spying. She wants to weed out the "Lone wolf terrorists."

On the surface this seeming idiot has no concept of the task. After all: That was one guy in 350 million. How many people can the government track?

It can't track people without warrants. Clearly, it can never have the resources to track every suspected person. Reasons for suspicion are too many. Suspected persons are too many.

Besides: The potential for danger from an unsuspected person is essentially infinite.

This is why she wants to ban guns. The problem is that there are MILLIONS OF GUNS OUT THERE and BAD people WON'T give up their guns, and of course gun smuggling will increase because it will be very lucrative.

We'll have the war on marijuana all over again with guns instead of dope.

And we'll need that wall more and more...

" . . . the United States is too afraid of the NRA at this time.” . . .

Screw bill Bratton. The United States is afraid of its shadow. If it still had any guts it would fear no one, but it fears the NRA?

Anyhow, it's the Islamist terrorists who should fear the NRA.

Unfortunately, they should also fear every child of America; because we should teach them self defense and the ability to shoot in elementary school.

It doesn't have to look like military camp. Put a cowboy hat on it and sing yippie ti yi yay, I don't care as long as our nation grows up with the will and ability to defend itself.

Scared American mothers are raising their kids to be helpless victim/parasite/conflicted/emo types instead of a nation of world class citizens, with pride, dignity, and honor. When the time comes that they need defense, will there be anyone able to raise one?

Ban every weapon known to man, ban knives, sticks and stones, arrows, plastic forks and a killer will still kill as many people as they can beat with their fists and feet or by dropping large items off of buildings or cutting cables that hold up bridges. Not that they will follow any weapon ban law anyway. murder, assault, and mass murder is already illegal and thus why the democratic policy is flawed and will never stop anyone determined to cause harm to another.

The democratic policy will not stop mass murder. They will not stop killings. They will not change islam idealogy or teachings either.

They will make citizens ability to protect themselves weaker and more dependent on government, in which the supreme court has already ruled that police are not there to protect anyway, which is likely why it took swat 3 hours to enter the building and their policies will make America as a whole weaker.

This is the wrong path for America to take.

I'm about a 1/2 hour away from Orlando and this club. I first heard about this about noon on Sunday when I turned the car radio on as I was leaving an auto parts "pullnpay" yard. Water Monkey has it correct for the most part. The local NPR station that I listen to has been having a lot of "special coverage" with interviews and the like. One interview I heard was of POS US Congressman Grayson (running for Sen. Rubio's seat, BTW) praising "NJ" for their "assault weapon" ban when I think he actually meant NY. He referred to the "NJ" ban several times... :rolleyes:

I will add the following details:
It was "latino night" at the gay bar. How this plays with the large Puerto Rican population here remains to be seen. They usually vote Dumpocrap, unfortunately...
Apparently the security officer at the club engaged the shooter.
After the shooting began, OPD soon arrived and essentially chased the shooter via firefight to the bathroom where he took those hiding there hostage. As it was an active shooter situation, and EMS was not allowed in, many of the wounded were transported to the nearby trauma center via police pickup.
After that time it was at least 2 hours before OPD busted a hole in the wall allowing the hostages to escape.
As the shooter came out of the hole he was engaged by OPD, shot back at them and was shot dead. (thankfully!)

Monkey is correct in that FL law prohibits firearms in establishments that serve alcohol. And many other public places, for that matter. Note that it is a misdemeanor to do so. I've excerpted the following from Chapter 790, Florida Statutes. LINK The wording is a little vague, and I would interpret it to mean that say you go into a restaurant that has a separate bar area, and you only visit the eating area, you should be okay carrying concealed.

(12)(a) A license issued under this section does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into:
1. Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05;
2. Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
3. Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
4. Any courthouse;
5. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
6. Any polling place;
7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
8. Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
9. Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
10. Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;
11. Any career center;
12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
13. Any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
14. The inside of the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
15. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
(b) A person licensed under this section shall not be prohibited from carrying or storing a firearm in a vehicle for lawful purposes.
(c) This section does not modify the terms or conditions of s. 790.251(7).
(d) Any person who knowingly and willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083

I wish I could get that in an audio file.

I never understood someone taking a CC out because they weren't allowed to carry in certain establishments .....its hidden .....what the hell is the problem.....everyone worried about being caught with a gun, no one worried about being caught without a gun. I am never far from one , NEVER, might be on might be close but never far and always chambered I don't give a EFF where I am. I know I am not a liability and I know I want to go home at the end of the day.
This shouldnt result in gun changes , too much of a terrorist flavor.

Hillary Clinton ACTUALLY just said "If you are under investigation by the FBI you should not be able to buy a gun". --While that may be true-You shouldn't be able to run for President either.
she is right ......problem is there is that little innocent till proven guilty thing. I know , but there are lots of innocent people on watch lists. Until the FBI gets their shit together with investigations it could be years before a guy is proven innocent. So say anyone under investigation or on a list should be allowed to buy a gun or a ton of innocent folks will not beable to exersize their rights wiating for maybe years.
thats the problem with lists, easy to get on and hard to get off. Can't go around taking peoples rights away untill proven guilty in a court of law

Let's see . . . the shooter was the child of known Radicals & known to get drunk and abusive while hanging out in a gay bar.

On the other hand he didn't have any problems getting a job as a security guard.

So who the heck wasn't doing their job here? This guy had a security guard card. He was privileged to buy cop gear. How the devil did you get that? Was it the means to an end for him? Coincidence of some sort? Compensation for a substandard male ego?

I believe I can Tell you how: good security guards are hard to get because they don't pay 'em crap. They don't look that hard at the applicants, believe me.

If you have a driver's license & no DUI & no felonies on your record, and you're a warm breathing body with a gun safety certificate, you can get into it no matter who you might be.

Did all that play a part here? I have no clue.

Of course your answer to all these calls for banning of guns to stop these massacres should be, "So what about Paris, where there are much stricter gun laws, but more people were killed by Islamic terrorists... whats the common factor..?"

Our latest terrorist proved that unarmed drunk gays are an easy target.

The government, media and anti gunners have won the battle to define the narrative of this shooting as one of gun control and not muslim terrorism. Most of what was in the "news" yesterday was about the evil "assault rifles" and the fact that he was a muslim was pretty much ignored. The media is amazing. They walk in lock step with the left and don't even need prodding or guidance. They are just as bad as a state run propaganda machine and operate under the guise of neutrality and the 1st Amendment.

The silence from the republicans is deafening. As usual, they shrink when they should be leading. They are afraid to bring up the muslim aspect, they don't defend the 2A and they don't attack the fact that the Obama administration has used political correctness to miss the Boston bombers/San Bernadino/Orlando terror attacks. They really seem to be scared to offend anyone by calling this for what it is.

It won't happen now in an election year but they will enact another assault weapon ban sometime and it will make the 1994 ban pale in comparison. Maybe it will be a ban on all semi automatics.

The republicans are silent because they no longer represent or defend the nation unless it suits their own personal interests. They are about protecting their privilege and wealth. They follow different rules than we do and live in secure gated comminities where they feel safe and isolated from the "general population". They enact laws that protect that, enact policies that puts money in their own pockets and cheap labor in their and their friends businesses, the businesses they have financial interest in and the businesses of their campaign doners.

In that regard there is zero diference between the parties.

Just my thoughts based on observation and looking at who actually benefits from what they are doing.... I could be wrong.

I think you're over reacting.

2 days and they have no authoritative pressure to even get a bill on the floor.

There isn't even panic buying of ammo or ARs.

I have seen some sales spiking, and notifications of shipping delays. Nothing like '08

And I admit that I ordered 2 magazines for my newest acquisition that I don't have a lot of mags for yet. Otherwise, I'm good.

Back