• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

Re: Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

Added some Esstac Shotgun Cards to my rig...

All I had to do was fix velcro loop strips to the outer surface of the M4 mag pouch covers...

I don't use the cards on the shotgun itself, but this is an easy way to add some ammo capacity to the vest.

That's some good thinking LES

Dang! Thats pretty sweet lookin! Whats the round count up to?

Well let's see.

I'm workin on another rig for my ARs, so I've turned this one into a dedicated shotgun rig. The belt pouch holds 12, another 15 in my scabbard strap, there are 21 in the Esstac cards, 50 in the drop-leg reload pouches, and 9 in the a1. Looks like that brings it to 107 rounds currently. I'm gonna order three more of the Esstac cards to put inside the M4 mag pouches for another 21 rounds, so when it's all said 'n done I'll be able to carry 128 rounds.

...and that's just the 12 gauge. :D

Dude, youre gonna need the Missus to help carry all that or at least wear one of the rigs!

Ha, that'd be the day! She'd just call me an idiot and tell me to carry it myself. :lol:

This one's surprisingly manageable even fully loaded.

:lol: Yeah, we're all idiots...

Jenny called me an idiot today. I've been tryin on my vest with the stuff rearranged and re-rearranged tryin to get it all to feel like its in the right place. I have all the ammo on there and my holster is on the right side now, but I still have a few pouches that arent mounted and they dont seem to fit anywhere.

I have the three pouches for my rifle magazines and I'm finally using the shotgun shell pouch for shotgun shells. Man, I think I'm really needin the battle belt for subloads and I still wanna put a dump pouch on it to retain magazines so I'm not messin around tryin to put em back in the pouches.

So just tell her, "Yes, I'm an idiot, now wear the stupid vest!" :D

My Gear

I did not want to take over M24's and John A's threads so I started this one.
I have been acquiring my gear for some time now and have finally put it together. I have set it up for bunkering down in the house and defending the property. I support my Sig M400, Mossberg 930 SPX and Sig P250F with this gear as they are my primary HD/PD weapons.
I, like John A, am a fan of the Spec Ops Brand gear. I used it quite a bit in the military and have come to rely on it's quality and durability. I also use military surp gear, as in my experience, it is decent kit and you do not have to break the bank to get it.
My first installment is my Not-So-Micro Rig. It is a Spec-Ops Brand M.O.U.T chest rig and supports my Sig M400 and P250F.

DSC01077.jpg

It carries 4-30rd. USGI mags for the M400, 3-17 rd. Mags for the P250F, a QuikClot Trauma Pak, Med Shears, J-Knife, CAT Tourniquet, and SureFire flashlight. The M.O.U.T rig can carry 8 USGI mags, but 4 is plenty.

DSC01078.jpg

One drawback is that when it is loaded up, it is fairly heavy, but as it's primary mission is HD/PD, I will not be patrolling or anything like that in it so I don't feel that the heavier weight is an issue.
Another drawback of the rig is that it will not fit my PMAGs with the Ranger plates installed. They are too long to be secured with the retention strap. :(
I want to add a small pouch to carry batteries to support my handheld SureFire and Streamlight TLR3 weapon lights.
All said and done, I like the rig the way it is setup.

Re: My Gear

Next we have the Battle Belt. It is a Condor belt with the Condor Battle Belt over the top. It supports my primary HD weapons, my Mossberg 930 SPX and Sig P250F.
DSC01085.jpg

Right side with the Blackhawk Omega holster and P250F w/ TLR1. The 2 horizontal pouches have a SureFire light and a Leatherman Core multitool. The small pouch has batteries for Flashlight, and Streamlight weapon lights.
DSC01084.jpg

Left side with a Tuff Products 5-In-Line mag pouch and 5 mags for the P250F. Below is a FOX Outdoors drop leg rig with 16 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 00 Buck in a mil-surp pouch that rides close to my leg. There is also a Condor dump pouch.
DSC01083.jpg

The weight is balanced well and the drop leg rigs support alot of the weight themselves. Everything seems to be made really well and sturdy.

Lastly we have my vest. I support my 2 HD/PD long arms with the vest. It is sized to fit over my armor and plates. It is a Spec-Ops Brand Over-Armor vest with 3 Spec-Ops Brand mag pouches holding 6 PMAGS, 2-16 rd. mil-surp shotgun shingles, an IFAK, and my trusty Gerber LMF knife. On the back I have attached a TAG Gear hydration pouch.
DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

The weight is supported by my body armor very well.

Holy sweetness Cecil! Top to bottom it looks impressive and well planned! I'm still figurin mine out and the conclusion I come to is I need a battle belt! Well, the LMF also, gonna need one of those too! ;)

Nicely done man and great pics!

Thanks, fellas. I will probably remove the Gerber. If they get close enough to where I need it, I can always butt-stroke 'em. ;>)

Oops, sorry. :oops:
I did not have my family friendly filter on. :)
I have now turned it on in default mode and you will get no more disgusting remarks like that from me.

The two pouches I had on my belt were riding a little too high and canting downward because the belt wasn't wide enough to support the weight. tcecil88 got me lookin at the Condor Battle Belt he picked up and it looked like just the thing I needed. Mine showed up yesterday and I got it set up under my shotgun rig...

It's designed as a load-bearing MOLLE belt and the wider surface makes a perfect platform for my mag and ammo pouches. The inner surface is padded for added comfort and it sits lower around my hips instead of up around my waist like the original belt. There are openings at the bottom on each side to allow the attachment of drop-leg rigs to the inner belt. Added another pouch to the back as well...

This is sweet man! I love seein this stuff, how other folks set up their rigs, helps me with mine and I'm in a similar situation where I may be addin a battle belt too...

:shock: $15? $15, mmmmmm, fifteen dollars...

How is it attached to your vest?

Back