• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

Awesome detailed explanations as to the way and why things are set up as they are! I still really like the shotgun micro...

just wonderin about the HSGI belt, do you have any problems usin it without straps or do you have something else you hook it up to? I've been thinkin about the HSGI belt and had thought about gettin a kit that would allow me to tie it into the MOLLE on my LBV if the Delta-5's integrated belt loops wont work.

P.S. Very Useful!!! Thanks! ;)

Ross, thanks.
The shotgun rig is great. As far as the belt, I haven't had any problems with it. i guess it depends on your particular "girth" and build. I ordered it with the suspenders in case I needed them, but I've never used them. The liner really does a great job of letting the belt grip you. So long as you have some kind of hips and you wear the belt reasonably snug it won't go anywhere. At least not in my experience.
I do know that some warbelts have an issue with riding around or slipping over your butt if you have them weighted down and don't have suspenders attached.

75 gr....wow, bet those are fast as hell.

Sorry about 20 questions and slight OT but I recently acquired my concealed permit and took a class today, mostly for learning laws and some close in defensive stuff with a handgun considering how close things actually happen I was surprised how fast someone can close in on you with in 20ft.......what I am getting at is I know you use a big dot for your shotgun and was wondering if you have any exp with the XS pistol sights?....I am using a CZ 75 SP-01 and have three dot tritium’s now. I am especially interested in them after the class today…I had a thread here but no feedback.

The 75s are a little slower than the 62 and 55 gr projos. Just to be clear, these are for the rifle. I was just listing those for detail on the carbine.
The 21 foot rule is eye opening for a lot of people.
I don't run the Big Dot on my Glock, but I know some people that do. I may try one on my next pistol, but I've been happy and grown used to standard three dots, which is what I run on my Glocks. The Big Dot is supposed to be very nice on pistols.

I've heard of the 21 foot rule too, first time I heard of it was a quote from an indian a number of years ago. He wouldnt carry a gun, just a knife, and said within 21 feet, he wins. Sorry about the off topic there, kinda a side note to the conversation...

m24shooter said:
The 75s are a little slower than the 62 and 55 gr projos. Just to be clear, these are for the rifle.
clarity is good because I am an idiot lol....I guess i assumed after reading about low gr copper projo's for 9mm

wow 75 gr.....I bet those are slow and long

m24shooter said:
The 21 foot rule is eye opening for a lot of people.

yeah, just not going to have an empy chamber at all anymore.

Oli, the 75 and 77 projos are long, and relatively slower, but the loads are still pretty hot (above SAAMI for the actual NATO load) and it is zipping along pretty fast.
Empty chambers I don't really get for those that choose to carry. If you're going to have a pistol as a CCW then you have it because of the potential unknown or unexpected. If you're starting off one step down from the beginning you are handicapping yourself. I know a lot of people do it because they aren't comfortable with the idea of being armed and having the pistol ready to go, and they are worried about an ND. If that is the case, then they need to get comfortable with carrying ready to go and they need to have a pistol that they can trust.
Not saying this neccessarily applies to you, but it is what I've heard from many of those that do.

No, it applies plenty. I am 40 and have been shooting long enough I can’t remember the first time I shot a firearm...I would be lying if a said I haven’t had a negligent discharge once, that I do remember. It was a big lesson and thankfully I always have them pointed in a safe direction. I have also been in the presence of ND’s being in the “gun society” I live in. You get looked at weird if you don’t own or have one readily available.
Your right though I had reservations about it because of accidents, negligence and or someone else getting my gun. I just have to make damn sure I am doing everything right at all times.....and I will without a shadow of a doubt.

I have never shot anything above a 62gr hp out of a 223/556. I should get 30 of those big boys to keep in the carbine I keep loaded at home.

how about within 10 ,15 yards ? Don't have 1 in 8, thats tight......I machined barrels for 6 years of my life so I know twist rates

It might. Depends on your particular barrel and the wx conditions. It may literally come out and keyhole even that close. I know one guy who shoots them in his 1:9 that is close enough to 1:8 that it will stabilize out to 100 yards, but that's it.
I have no use for the 1:9s, and prefer 1:7. But the 1:8 is a good compromise, and what most accuracy barrels are running because they will allow for a wide range of lengths.

Re: Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

I just ordered the Condor H Harness and Battle Belt. This Harness will be worn under my armor vest and plates.
215_007_FRONT_1.jpg

211_003_2011.jpg

I have everything else to build my gear and will include photos and reviews when complete.

Nice man, been checkin that belt out off and on! I'll enjoy seein more of it and hearin what you think!

Sweet man, keep us posted.

I'm lookin forward to pics of your completed rig. That last belt you posted is the one I have on my vest...

Man, I'm lovin it!

It's held up well to any abuse I've dished out and is still goin strong...

I got the H-Harness and Battle belt in the mail today, hope to get the pistol belt soon. Then I can build up and finish my gear and start testing everything to see what goes and stays.

Back