• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

Re: Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

Thank you Sir!

That means a lot coming from a fellow gear man. It does balance well and is surprisingly easy to move around in when fully loaded.

Nice setup LES! I am building mine as well. I am setting it up for shotgun and pistol as I do not have an AR yet.
I started out with a Spec-Ops Over Armor vest for mine. I am pretty much sticking to the MIL-Surplus items as I have experience with those, and for the most part it is good kit. Also pretty cheap. I will post a new topic with pics when I get it done so I don't hijack your thread.
How well does the holster secure your Spartan? It has been my experience that alot of universal holsters do not fit very well.
I also like the idea of the tool kit, but I think for my purposes it would be better in the BOB to save a little weight on the vest. I have one of the big OTIS weapons cleaning kits that I will use as the basis for my tool kit. It comes in a nice MOLLE pouch like yours.
Again, nice setup!

What do you guys think about starting a Vest/Gear/BOB thread? I think it would be cool to see, compare and get ideas from other people.

I like the Spec-Ops vests! They certainly look to be very well made!

My experience with my universal full size holster is that it works well, it holds my 1911 in place in the locked and loaded or condition 1 with no problem. I'm told this will work for a full size Beretta too.

I think if you plan to get an AR down the road TCecil, youll really appreciate the modular vest!

LES! I forgot to mention I really dig the Spartan theme with the patch and logo and of course the handgun!

tcecil88 said:
Nice setup LES!

How well does the holster secure your Spartan?

Thank you Sir,

Condor makes three different models, one for 1911, one for Beretta 92, and one for Glock/SIG style pistols. The vest shipped with the Glock/SIG model holster and I replaced it with one of their model #H-1911 that's specifically designed for the 1911 platform. It fits the Spartan V like a glove and the draw is nice and smoothe even with the rear target sights...

Rossignol said:
LES! I forgot to mention I really dig the Spartan theme with the patch and logo and of course the handgun!

Thank you Sir,

I couldn't resist. Those patches just looked too cool to pass up.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Finally, pictures!! Awesome, just awesome.

Haha, thank you Sir!

Sorry it took so long, been a busy few weeks...

Some pics of what would be called full battle rattle, minus soft armor.

100_3870.jpg

Pretty much the full ride. No soft armor in this one, and the Maxped bag is along the lines of an active shooter bag. It typically would not go to a class or whatever.

100_3871.jpg

100_3872.jpg

100_3873.jpg

100_3874.jpg

The Maxped bag. Lots of stuff that is good to have, but not something that will go along to everything.

100_3875.jpg

OSOE Stacked M4 Micro

100_3876.jpg

TacTailor modular PC. Keep it slick so it can be run with any gear. This is being replaced in the near future.

100_3877.jpg

HSGI SGPB with a bunch of junk on it.

100_2664.jpg

OSOE Shotgun Micro.

contents.jpg

Shotgun Micro contents.

100_3431.jpg

M4 Stacked Micro IFAK contents.

100_3384.jpg

Bleeder Pouch contents from SGPB.

100_3676.jpg

MUT.

100_3673.jpg

E2D, Taco, and pistol mag pouches.

100_3367.jpg

G Code holster and adapter.

100_3662.jpg

Wowzers.

To say that I am hugely impressed would be an understatement! I can see a huge amount of thought and trial-and-error went into your gear.

If I might ask, and you don't mind... would you PM me and let me know if this is work or career related, or kept in a support/training role, or if you are an instructor?

BTW, the rifle is the ballz.

nitesite said:
Wowzers.

To say that I am hugely impressed would be an understatement! I can see a huge amount of thought and trial-and-error went into your gear.
Thanks NS. It did.
If I might ask, and you don't mind... would you PM me and let me know if this is work or career related, or kept in a support/training role, or if you are an instructor?
PM inbound.
BTW, the rifle is the ballz.
Thanks. That is probably my favorite carbine. I'm going to reconfigure one of the muskets to something along the same lines.

I'm impressed, looks as if you prepare for bein on patrol for awhile! And I agree on the rifle!

I like the HSGI stuff, been lookin... especially since you posted the holsters.

Dude, thats just amazing, to have to carry all that and by the looks of it, be almost entirely self sufficient and prepared not only for duty but for any emergency in whatever field/enviroment youre workin in.

Very well set up, thanks for sharin it with us!

Thanks Ross.
As far as long term use such as a .mil role, this would actually be a fairly light/limited rig. A full load would have much more ammunition and other stuff. This is a modular set up that I put together for classes and competitions.
It is also set up similar to a duty rig and active shooter setup.
It is meant to be run in successive lines, where one builds on the next depending on the particular need at the time.
When I get back to an actual keyboard I'll break it down.

I started with the idea that I wanted all of this stuff to work together in a modular, layered fashion.
The theory is that having a different rig for every rifle/shotgun and/or different scenarios is not only expensive, it is impractical and cumbersome. By running gear in lines, I can eliminate a lot of problems associated with that. I'll go over each level with an individual post.
I start with first line gear, which is basically a pistol. This is the base for everything else. With the first line, I can support the pistol. This is roughly parallel with an LE duty belt. It is in its purest form intended to carry needed items for the pistol and that's it; in a .mil role it would also have some E&E kit. A fixed blade knife is also frequently present. Prior to warbelts, it was usually a heavy inner belt/pistol belt that was worn with the belt threaded through the pants belt loops and allowed the wearer to take the other webgear off and have the pistol still on the person. It was often a drop leg rig, or a slightly modified drop let rig so that it would clear armor. Now the warbelt has arrived and is increasing in popularity. The warbelt rig is also frequently a drop leg or modified drop leg rig, again in order to clear armor, chest rigs, or whatever. Because I'm not wanting to always have a holster on my trouser belt I went with a warbelt.
The warbelt also allows me to carry more crap comfortably, and I don't have to worry about removing the holster to put the outer belt on. The SGPB is the best way I've found to carry the gear I want to. It is wide enough to keep from being uncomfortable, the soft lining helps to keep the belt from sliding or jumping. The platform has lots of MOLLE to carry stuff, and the inner belt tunnel provides a good base.
On my belt, I chose to also support a rifle or carbine. This was done because typically if I'm just going to carry a sidearm, I'm probably going to be using a duty type holster or simple Kydex RCS rig with one spare mag and a light and I'm not going to worry about something like a warbelt. So I put two rifle tacos on the belt to let me run a biner.

100_3877.jpg

Going counterclockwise on the warbelt, I run a SF E2D light at the front left. This is like the light I use at work, which is the E1B. Behind this I have the two tacos, which will work with a range of rifle mags and even shotgun cards. On the front taco, I have a TacTailor dual pistol mag, again positioned where it would be roughly on a duty/concealed belt. I dropped them down one row so that the mags would not interfere with pulling the rifle mags. I went with two rifle and two pistol mags becuase that is pretty much all I'm going to need. For classes, there is usually time between strings to get another mag if I need to go through more than three, and I can shove one in a pocket if I have to. Also, the third taco that I tried at first conflicted with the corner of my rear plate. The Micro/ASB will also be available if needed because of the layered intent of the rest of my gear. Behind the rifle tacos is a Maxped RolyPoly. This is for retaining mags or to put a Nalgene bottle in if I need to stow some water. Next is the OSOE CAT2 deployable pouch. Philosophy behind this is that if you're going to have stuff to poke holes, you probably should have stuff to plug them too. I used to have a TQ here just shock corded through the MOLLE loops. It worked OK, but it wasn't real secure. With the pouch, the TQ is protected and will be there when I need it and the security will make it ready to get to without being overly combersome. Next over is an HSGI Bleeder Pouch. This is a great kit, and again a hole plugging thing. SOF CAT is stowed on the outside with shock cord. Having more than one TQ can come in handy if things are really bad. If you have wounds to two extremeties it is an obvious solution. However, on large vessels such as the femoral having twice the clamping area can help to staunch blood less much more securely and efficiently. The inside of the Bleeder has the main TEMS stuff, and a pair of EMT shears are held in place with a security strap built into the pouch. Next thing is a G Code holster with RTI adapter. The adapter lets the pistol ride slightly lower than a belt mount, and not so low as a drop rig. This way I can clear my armor and chest rig without having the PITA factor of a drop leg mount. The RTI wheel also lets me have a couple of holsters that I can switch out depending on pistol or belt rig, and if I want a light mounted pistol or not. Next is a Leatherman MUT, a multitool designed for the AR platform. I have a CATM4 tool wedged in the side of the pouch too. This is the extent of PMCS gear on the warbelt. Forward of that is an ITW carabiner. I can clip earpro, gloves, or whatever to these.

The next layer is my Stacked Micro. This is dedicated to my carbine/rifle. This would be called second line gear, and is meant to drive the rifle/carbine. With a shotgun micro, it obviously supports the shotgun.

100_3875.jpg

The Micro carries four rifle mags (or shotgun cards). The theory with the chest rig is that if I need to run the biner, this allows for more stuff to be carried in conjuction with the warbelt. It doesn't conflict with the warbelt, and it isn't so big that it is a pain to wear or put on. It takes up little room, and is great to stow on the floor of my truck. The small space also lets it be carried with my other gear in a deployment bag and doesn't get bulky. The Micro lets me carry extra rifle ammo, some TEMS gear, some PMCS stuff, and an OC cannister in an effective and efficient manner.
The rifle mag pouches can be used with magazines that have Velcro pads on them for retention. May sound odd, but it works well. Four mags added to the two on the belt is a very respectable reload capacity. For serious, high round count classes this will do well, or allow for tossing a reload to somebody else. I removed the bungee cord retention as it didn't do much for me and I didn't like having the pull tabs in the way. Shotgun cards can also be used in the pouches if absolutely neccessary.
The TEMS stuff is in a tear off pouch, which makes it easier to get in use without having to remove the rig. I have a SOF CAT shock corded to the outside loops on the pouch. The pouch carries just about everything I would need for a GSW. I also have some Hyfins in the main bib compartment. A Benchmade 7 hook is stowed on the side for opening boots, clothes, straps, or gear if needed.
On the front MOLLE platform, I put a MilSpec Monkey flat admin pouch. Inside I stowed some SF earpro, an Otis kit, some spare batteries, a lenspen, and some BreakFree.
The bottom elastic loops have a PunchII OC cannister in them. The loops can also hold a TQ, pocket smoke, flare, or similar sized object.

microfront.jpg

The Shotgun Micro is the shotgun equivalent to the above. The main difference is that the TEMS stuff is carried in a large utility pouch that isn't detachable and it uses John Willis' shotgun card system. Otherwise the contents are very similar.

Whoa , cool gear

Average weight ready to roll, long gun and side arm?

do you have to travel far on foot usually?

Whatcha using for a side arm and ammo of choice for business not training ?

Thanks man

The PC is a TacTailor Modular rig.

100_3876.jpg

I keep this slick so that I can run it with any kind of chest rig or other platform that I want to. This would be worn to classes or competitions that require armor, or in a OMGWTFBBQ! situation. I have a small flat admin pouch and hydro pouch on it, and that's it. PCs should be worn with the plates fairly high on the chest so that the plates cover the vitals. A lot of people wear them too low. This not only doesn't protect the vitals, it can cause problems with the other gear.
Both of the chest rigs will fit over this PC, and it is low profile enough that it doesn't conflict with the warbelt. The rifle mags ride so that they don't hit the plates and can be cleared without hitting them. I intent on replacing this PC with another one soon. It is a good minimal PC, but that minimalism means that it is not as comfortable for long wear times or when doing things like running or otherwise being dynamic.

oli700 said:
Whoa , cool gear

Average weight ready to roll, long gun and side arm?

Oli, thanks.
I don't remember what the total weight is. The plates alone are 24 pounds if I wear them. I don't normally wear them though.

do you have to travel far on foot usually?

Not typically, especially not with plates and the Maxped bag. The Micro and belt are pretty easy to move around with and aren't much of an encumberance. I frequently run in the PC, used to do it every morning.

Whatcha using for a side arm and ammo of choice for business not training ?

The pistol in these pics is a G19 blue label. Ammo for social purposes is Hornady 75 grain TAP and Speer GDHP 124 +Ps. Training is typically 55 gr FMJ and 115 gr FMJ.

Thanks man
No prob. Hope everybody finds it useful.

Back