• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

10mm reloading

IMG_1175_zps303c85a2.jpg

Well, here are some Gold Dots in 180gr I got for Christmas. I can’t find any data for AA#9 and 180 anything other than XTP. So I loaded some XTP at nothing less then 14.9 grains of #9 as per Hornady….nothing more either lol. They shot great…packing some serious poop. So I went back and said to hell with it and loaded up some Gold Dots over 14 grains of AA#9, they shot great and feel full power.

What is strange is I have published data from Speer #12 and it contains only one AA9 load and that’s for 200 grain GD’s and TMJ’s and 14 gr is the max load. My reloading buddy has the Speer#13….they have removed all 200 grain projos from the 10mm data…..and no mention of AA#9 in any of the 10mm data at all.
On the bottle it even mentions it being one of the best powders for 10mm , yet data seems slim
Meters so awesome , wow !

OK, here are the Everglade Ammo and Reloading bulk .400 180 gr FMJ flat point

IMG_1187_zpscc10aaa0.jpg

The shipping was lightning fast, and the price was 67 to the door for 500…
That beats my local plated bullet price. Barry’s plated are about 35bucks for 250 pieces, I can’t find much better for a pice on 500 FMJ’s

If anyone has an FMJ load they you I’d like to hear it

Wooooohoooooooo think I’ll load these heavy with my remaining Gold Dots and stash them for a rainy day
IMG_1217_zps2121b494.jpg

Oooooooo............ Shiny..............

Did none of the photocopied load book pages for 10mm I sent you have Accurate #9 listings for your bullet weights?

Can you try using Ranier Bullets 180 gr HP data from the accuratepowder.com load data? Raniers are plated bullets and accuratepowder.com lists a 180 Ranier hollow point using Accurate #9

nitesite said:
Did none of the photocopied load book pages for 10mm I sent you have Accurate #9 listings for your bullet weights?

I don’t believe so, I think Hornady listed a load for the 200 grain.....its all at Tyler's right now BUT I found a gold mine of 10mm loads though.
I ran across some info about this guy who collects 10mm loads from all these different sources far and wide.
Some of the data is from websites and such but a TON is from published data spanning years and years. I wanted you to look at it and tell me what you thought of it……I really like it cant wait to try some of the PUBLISHED loads. Goes from 135 gr to 200 gr , tabs on bottom
https://docs.google.com/a/sanfordconsul ... n_US#gid=2

Pumped out 200 10mm today , 180 gr fmj over 14.5 gr of AA#9…..yummy. Thought I would give a glimpse of some of the stash

1_zps35cc08f1.jpg

4_zpsbd60a62e.jpg

3_zpsec1a2e64.jpg

2_zpsf63a8e11.jpg

Hi, L.E.S.~~~~

Universally, the answer is "No".

Aluminum cases typically use a two-flash-hole case with a primer called a Boxer primed. Here in the USA 99.999999% of primers are Berdan primers for one central-located flash hole. Aluminum not only has a primer compatibility problem, but aluminum is not ductile enough to first expand against the chamber walls upon firing and then (as would be normal in cartridge brass) be squeezed and sized back down using a sizing die to accept a bullet with a snug enough fit to hold the bullet in place.

Steel cased ammo has a similar primer situation in most cases, and still has the ductilability problem but steel can be squeezed back to original diameter much easier. But there is still the pesky primer situation.

Great question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK cool, thank you Sir.

I just joined the 10mm club and I'll be piling up cases in the next few weeks. Bought 500 rounds of the aluminum cased 200gr Blazer ammo today and was curious if you and oli could use the spent cases. When I get some brass cased stuff I'll have some to send you guys...

Dave.....I justwould have said no lol

LES right on man, you need to reload now dude so you should save them. 10mm must be reloaded to enjoy it the way Jeff Cooper intended them to be.....no arguing or anything you just need to do it now. Just dont buy your next gun and buy the shit to do it

What the hell are you shooting them through !!!???

Back