• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 slide lock release...

Also added the AR15 style snap on Limbsaver recoil pad for the ATI Talon stock. Perfect fit and a lot more forgiving than the original one. Not that I mind the recoil, but in case others need to use my gun as well.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

I'd rather use a spare so I can weld it, clean it and powder coat it. ill do it on spare time plus don't want to have my gun apart during that time.
I think there will be a demand for this type of thing on a forum like this.
Thanks

Yeah I feel the same. Just figured (at the time) its $13 to replace if I don't like it. And as a prototype, I can tweak it as needed. Already have an "order" for 3 more so I guess I'll be doing some... :)

Saw a couple used on Amazon and EBay, local place Numrich Arms.... I think this time I'll make one from a single piece of material and bend the tab...

Archametes,

I have an ATI talons stock on order. I'm not sure how I will adjust to the pistol grip so I'm interested in how you make out with this. Very nice work for sure.

Can anyone recommend an end-mill set that can be used in a drill press on aluminum?

Try MSC. They have a huge selection of metal working tools. From basic to advanced, parts to whole machines. Look there, and if need be email them with any specific questions. I'd give a better answer but I don't know specifically what your looking to do, what exact materials, budget, etc...

Thanks for the reply. I should be getting a few of the slide releases made sometime soon. I have 3 wanted now, for anyone else... You can order a release lever and send it to me. You'll need a gunsmith to put it in, or send me a trigger assembly and I can do all of it. Completed and for you, just re-install the trigger assembly and fire away :) Or once I get it all figured out I can have a solid piece laser cut and bent for you to have installed. I haven't set on pricing or anything yet, but trades are welcome as well.

PM me if you seriously want one and we can work out the details.

Swapped out the Weaver rail for a UTG rail with more slots to move the scope/ red dot forward more.... I should just rename this my build thread... lol

y6epynyp.jpg

How's that! :lol:

Thanks Kentucky! You Sir have mighty fine talents! How much for a Delrin follower from you? Or aluminum and I can get it anodized?...

Archametes,

I received the ATI talon stock and installed it. I really like the feel of the shotgun now, that it is adjustable LOP, that the comb height can be adjusted. Also, I was able to mount the 5-shot
shell carrier to the cheekrest. (if anyone is interested in that, let me know. It was a very easy mod).

As expected, I am not comfortable with the operation of the slide lock release. I am very interested in the extended release lever you have created. I am trying to locate a complete trigger group in the hopes that I can have both versions and use them interchangably if I want to swap out the ATI stock for any reason.

Are you still willing to make this for a fellow MO? Do you know what you would charge me to make one?

Looks like Midway won't have the the trigger assembly until sometime in May. Brownells doesn't have and ETA.

Sure, I don't mind. Send me the trigger assembly you have now and I'll mod it. Then in may you can buy the regular one if you want.

For one exactly like mine, I'd say $xx + cost of shipping it back to you. It should be able to fit in a "Flat Rate" $5 (and some change) box so I'd figure to start with that. That'll cover welding, grinding, shaping the bends, and black paint. If that's cool send me a PM to work out any other details or specific requests.

Modified another one to fit my fathers Knoxx Spec Ops stock...
yby4age2.jpg

This one I was able to hug the contours of the stock on his Persuader a little better. Since doing mine I figured out a few small tweaks I would have done different. So I used his a guinea pig to see how it would come out. Works perfect! He loves it. So I'm happy :cool:

Thank you guys, I'd like to get the word out for these to be available, so if you don't mind... spread it around! Lol... It takes me about 2 days not including paint for a turn around, for a trigger assembly. If just a release lever were sent, 1 day and a lot easier to do. Until I can get just a release lever, I can't yet make them from one solid piece. And I don't want to dismantle my trigger just to measure everything.

Back