• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 slide lock release...

Archametes said:
Yeah I always wanted a wood stock. Couldn't justify the price difference when buying my 500 though. Glad I waited. Yeah it adds more heft to the gun, but she's sexy now! In about 10 minutes or less I can swap from all black tactical, to wood / rifled and ported barrel for hunting. :grin:

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

sweet setup. :D

From top to bottom and QTY of each available:
Factory replacement
Short Arm Mod - 6
Straight Arm Mod - 7
35° Angle Mod - 6

Huge thanks to mdel for getting me a factory replacement for dimensional reference. These are laser cut from .125 Cold Rolled Steel, and bent to factory dimensions. The arms are bent as a reference point and can be tweaked to your liking to fit better. :cool:

PM me if interested in these.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364577174268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364577174268.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 444
Took my trigger assembly apart and put all 3 mod arms in to see how they all fit... This can be tricky so DO NOT attempt unless you have time and patience. There are a few videos on YouTube about disassembly and reassembly of the trigger group for you to look up if you want. All 3 fit in the trigger with no issues, so you'll only have to tweak the angles of the bends a little to fit your stock or preference... The one shown in the pic is the Short Arm Mod.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364777503995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364777503995.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 427
i am in ny and i would love one of those. how much do you want to install with purchase?

i like the pistol grip for one shotgun and that would help me.

PM me here or via Email: ShotenArmory@gmail.com

You WILL need to sand some of the plastic on the stock for perfect fit. Send me the trigger assembly and I can install it or I can just ship you the lever and you can do it.

Also now available is a shorter arm, 35* angle lever. So 4 styles available as of today :)
pujedapa.jpg

Wow!

I've been searching for an extended Mossy action release for over a year!

Eureka! I've found it! :lol:

Will place my order ASAP and spread the word...

I like the shorter arm, 35* angle lever. Will that style/design work with the Knoxx Spec Ops stock?

Thanks.

Chuck

Yes it will, but you'll need to shave some of the plastic off the stock a little. If you look a few posts up there is a pic of my fathers Spec Ops 2 stock. You can see in the pic, the area I had to sand down the "hump" molded into the stock. PM here or email me ShotenArmory@gmail.com.

Thanks, Mike

Nice work Archametes! I don't run my Mossie with a pistol grip, but way to provide a niche product! I'm sure it's gonna be hit!

Thank you, I hope to have a donor 870 trigger group to make one for soon. Then I'll be able to make one for each...

Got ahold of my friends 870 to use for a template gun, so... Let the games begin again! Lol.

On a side note: I have done my 500 with ATI Talon stock, my fathers 500 with Knoxx Spec Ops stock, and now a 590 with a Knoxx Spec Ops Recoil Reducing stock. Pics will be up after the 590 is completed and reassembled. Well as much reassembled as I have. Was shipped sans barrel and butt stock portion...

epabu6uh.jpg

590 with Knoxx Recoil Reduction stock is DONE! Without permission from the owner I will/can only provide the pic above for your reference. Sorry guys, not my gun to broadcast.

,,,,,nice work.

have you ever thought of making one for a lefty shooter? like a upside down "u" where the index finger would push it up.

This thing is like a shotgun B.A.D. lever. I want one! All I gotta say is patent that thing with a quickness!

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

Shotgun Jeremy said:
This thing is like a shotgun B.A.D. lever. I want one! All I gotta say is patent that thing with a quickness!

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

Patenting is in progress but funding is slow, lol. And yeah the AR B.A.D. Lever is kinda what gave me the idea. This one just replaces the stock release so the shooter can release the slide easier from an aimed position, for whatever reason. I did it for ease of use and safety if I see another hunter while aimed at a deer. One fluid motion releases the slide and as I bring the muzzle up ejects the shell so there is absolutely no chance of a discharge. It also comes in handy for breech loading for a HD scenario.

old mossy said:
,,,,,nice work.

have you ever thought of making one for a lefty shooter? like a upside down "u" where the index finger would push it up.
Well with this mod I can use it with my off hand, and it doesn't hamper the trigger well at all. I would recommend the short bar though for a lefty, so it doesn't come back at all, only about 1/4 inch.

Anyone else interested let me know. In most cases it only takes me one night, maybe 2 for modifying the stock as well, for a turn around and it's back in the mail to you.

Just a heads up anyone looking to contact me for a lever or info can email me at:
ShotenArmory@gmail.com

Also you'll note I have changed my Username, this is because it has been found that someone has used the Username "Archametes" on a few other websites. Since it was not me, or having to do with me, and to prevent any confusion or negative impact on myself or my current/future endeavors I have had it changed.

Back