• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 slide lock release...

Archametes said:
Modified another one to fit my fathers Knoxx Spec Ops stock...
yby4age2.jpg

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Archametes, I just PM'd you about a picture. Forget it. Based on this one, I really don't need any others.

Archametes said:
Thank you guys, I'd like to get the word out for these to be available, so if you don't mind... spread it around! Lol... It takes me about 2 days not including paint for a turn around, for a trigger assembly. If just a release lever were sent, 1 day and a lot easier to do. Until I can get just a release lever, I can't yet make them from one solid piece. And I don't want to dismantle my trigger just to measure everything.

Hello Every one ,
Word got out , By way of Google search
as you can tell by the post # 1 ,
Im new to the forum and figuring out where things are yet ,

As i was searching for this mod , Is When i found this forum few days ago ,
I ordered a slide release lever to work out a mod but seeing you have it worked out already ,
Please PM me with details on getting this done if your taking orders ,
It will be a week for the part to get here ,
Looks like the same Black hawk stock as pictured above this post

Anyway good site looking FW, to chat about this HD project i started and seeing more of what you guys came up with already ,

Mdel

1st thing, WELCOME mdel to the site! And thanks for your interest in this mod. I can make the lever for you, but some final sanding and tweaking will need to be done on your end. The stock area near where the lever goes will need to be sanded down. As you can see if you look at the picture. I can't do that from here unless you want to send the whole butt stock assembly as well. Get your post count up a little and send me a PM, rules are rules, I can't bypass that one. Looking forward to hearing from you.

-Mike

umybu8e7.jpg

Here's a better view to see the sanded area. The "hump" in the area needs to come off or the lever will stick WAY out and not function properly.

found the post count looks like 5 is the number ,

But i might just ask a few questions wile doing it ,

is there a Machinist on the forum that will do prototype work for someone ,
As iI always think i can build a better mouse trap lol :
As i have a Idea on how to take some of the slop out of the action slide , to cut down on the rattle
In Theory anyway ,

Let me know your ideas, I'll try it :) I figured this out...

Archametes said:
Let me know your ideas, I'll try it :) I figured this out...

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words ,
I used your photos for this ,

As i Have large hands I can almost reach it now
looking at the Spec-ops stock you can see the lip you have to go over for the off set ,
but stay above the hand grip ledge
Let me know what you think

Attachments must be like post count , will up load it once i am allowed

Try this again

Side View

Anyway some thing to this Effect ,
I have a Drop Stock shim on the way this should add a little more room ,

Let me know what you think

Attachments

• pic N text.jpg
    pic N text.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 338
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 339
Just took off my mag tube, heating the receiver with a heat gun took about a whole minute to get it loosened. Scraping off the red loctite from Mossberg took nearly 10 minutes... Lol. I found that kinda funny that what I thought would be a hassle to get done was the easiest. And what I didn't really think I'd need to do was a pain. Dental picks work great to get into the grooves of the threads and in the receiver.

i would like to see someone make a dual tube m500. something like a ksg or uts or 1216. but retain the factory m500 barrel and upper. i would buy the shit out of one of them and i am sure alot of others would too.

you would some how have to get the shells to feed from the 2 seperate tubes into the one shell extractor. it could be done with the right person, machines and materials

I can think of a few ideas of how to accomplish it, but the main drawback I keep coming to is loading the 2nd tube. I have like 3 variations pictured in my head but I'd need like 3 or 4 tubes to make a mock up and a few prototypes... Essentially you'd need 2 of everything, a "Y" section, toggle type selector for what tube to load / unload. I think the hardest part would be trying to keep it all within the confines of the stock barrel lug...

Ugh, why did you have to suggest another idea.... Lol ;)

Somebody's got wood!!! Lol :grin:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364428485979.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364428485979.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 280
,,,,that looks grrrrrrrrreat! i guess i'm just old fashioned. :)
how old is she? (or did you just pick up the wood furniture?)

damn another reminder i need a wood corn cob forend.

i cut the stock down on my wood stock to bonnie and clyde whippet style. i like how easy it is to hit the bolt release. and its not just a pistol grip like my raptor style. ill post pics once im done re finishing it

Clyde's+3+rifles.jpg

Mossy that's the same shotgun I've had, just swapped furniture with Ivanahumpalot. In the parking lot of my job no less, lol.

Archametes said:
Mossy that's the same shotgun I've had, just swapped furniture with Ivanahumpalot. In the parking lot of my job no less, lol.

nice trade. ;)

Yeah I always wanted a wood stock. Couldn't justify the price difference when buying my 500 though. Glad I waited. Yeah it adds more heft to the gun, but she's sexy now! In about 10 minutes or less I can swap from all black tactical, to wood / rifled and ported barrel for hunting. :grin:

Back