• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T Flash Hiders/Suppressor/Barrel Threading

Re: Mossberg 715T Flash Hiders/Barrel Threading

Nope, still can't get it off, and I can't get onto the smith. He is back logged with people wanting to thread their stuff before a ban.

Ryan 1904- How did you end up getting the muzzle brake off. I'm trying to remove mine and its a monster.

I'm a newbie...Not a Pro
Is this the "Crush Washer?"

How do you loosen, grip or work with the nut in order to remove the Muzzle Brake?

Attachments

• CrushWasher.jpg
    CrushWasher.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 718

Yup, that's the crush washer.

Don't have a 715T, but the crush washers on my ARs are always on there under some significant torque. Never been able to remove them unless I use a barrel wrench while the upper receiver is held in a vise...

Yes Sir,

Looking forward to your update...

Championchad said:
Ryan 1904- How did you end up getting the muzzle brake off. I'm trying to remove mine and its a monster.

I heated it up some with a propane torch, not very much though. It was barely hot to the touch. Then putting my weight on the receiver part of the rifle I had a wrench and cranked it counter clockwise. It broke loose fairly easy then I just unscrewed it. I think the little bit of heat is what did the trick. Good luck!

SO no need for the vice. Just put some muscle into it. Better yet if you have a buddy around have him hold the rifle down while you wrench on the nut.

Hey Mossberger's! I was able to get the Muzzle Brake of and fake suppressor on my 715t Flat Top. It's a 2 man job unless you have a vise. 1st I field stripped the gun to the receiver / barrel. My buddy and I wrapped a piece of rubber around the barrel followed by a wrench. We sprayed some lubricant by the nut and washer & heated it up with a heat gun (which may have made no diff). While I held the wrench wrapped around the barrel he used a wrench to loosen the Muzzle Brake.

All it takes is a 1/4 turn and it twists off from there. It's cake once you get an extra hand involved or a vise.

Good deal, thanks for the report.

So what you gonna put on there now?

Well LES...

Single Point Bungee Sling is reroute. Paint will follow.

I have already mounted:

UTG Forend Grip
UTG BIPOD
NCSTAR 9x40 Scope

"Was that a shotgun racking?"

Mossberg 500A
Mossberg 715t .22
Ruger SR9

Nice!

Looking forward to seeing it come together...

Championchad said:
Hey Mossberger's! I was able to get the Muzzle Brake of and fake suppressor on my 715t Flat Top. It's a 2 man job unless you have a vise. 1st I field stripped the gun to the receiver / barrel. My buddy and I wrapped a piece of rubber around the barrel followed by a wrench. We sprayed some lubricant by the nut and washer & heated it up with a heat gun (which may have made no diff). While I held the wrench wrapped around the barrel he used a wrench to loosen the Muzzle Brake.

All it takes is a 1/4 turn and it twists off from there. It's cake once you get an extra hand involved or a vise.

Which fake suppressor did you get?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

AR-15 M4 1/2x28 .223 5.56 Thread on Fake Supressor Silencer

Paid just under $30 on Amazon. Great quality!

Just installed the Supressor today.

AR-15 M4 1/2x28 .223 5.56 Thread on Fake Supressor Silencer

Attachments

• Supressor2 copy.jpg
    Supressor2 copy.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 666
need some help on flash hider

ok so ive been reading on here and some other places that the ruger 10/22 flash hider works on the carry handle non threaded version. is this true? if it is true are there any major mods to make it fit? i have found the long flash hider that i want but dont want to waste money if it wont fit right. it says it slips on and is held on by a set screw.

Re: need some help on flash hider

LakinsDaddy said:
ok so ive been reading on here and some other places that the ruger 10/22 flash hider works on the carry handle non threaded version. is this true? if it is true are there any major mods to make it fit? i have found the long flash hider that i want but dont want to waste money if it wont fit right. it says it slips on and is held on by a set screw.

They call it a "muzzle brake" but I think this may be what your're looking for. I ordered mine from Amazon 'cause I was placing an order anyway.
The NcStar Ruger 10/22 Short Muzzle Brake fits tight. I had to knock it on with a leather hammer. It does have a set screw and allen wrench but neither fit very well. I'm going to replace them soon.

KDF-TX said:
LakinsDaddy said:

They call it a "muzzle brake" but I think this may be what your're looking for. I ordered mine from Amazon 'cause I was placing an order anyway.
The NcStar Ruger 10/22 Short Muzzle Brake fits tight. I had to knock it on with a leather hammer. It does have a set screw and allen wrench but neither fit very well. I'm going to replace them soon.

Thanks for the info Sir...

KDF-TX said:

so i could order one of them off ebay and it will work then correct? if it fits tight then there should be no problem with it falling off especially if i get a better set screw correct?

LakinsDaddy said:
KDF-TX said:

so i could order one of them off ebay and it will work then correct? if it fits tight then there should be no problem with it falling off especially if i get a better set screw correct?

Yes and yes. For the NcStar brand anyway. There's another thread here somewhere with more info...

Back