• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Assembled/Complete AR's

Rossignol said:
The A2 could def work here!

Check this out from Kyles, the one I posted in the MidWest section!
Kyles Gunshop, S&W M&P 15 Sport .223/5.56

A2 front post with flip up rear on a flat top receiver and includes one 30 round p-mag for $629 and I could drive there to pick it up!
5375_pd1374028_1.jpg

I have put a few hundred through one of these my FIL bought and realy liked it. More accurate than I thought it was going to be.
The other AR I have shot a lot of rounds through is a high end YHM. I honestly feel like the two shot very similar and the high zoot rifle didn’t group any better for my meager skills anyway.
An Olympic would be cool too, yet another fine PNW product

I'm diggin the PNW made OA flat top!

Check this out! The Olympic Arms Plinker Plus Flat Top;

OAPPFT from Buds
77476.jpg

Just need to put sights on it;
I'm thinkin the Leapers.

A2 front post gas block mount and A2 rear for flat top receivers
ARR-108.jpg

ARR-140.jpg

I'm not dead set on these sights, but I do really want an A2 front...

The UTG/Leapers quality has gotten a lot better the last couple of years, and I wouldn't have any reservations with that combination.

matter of fact, I have that same rear sight on 2 of my AR's and if I built my hot rodded 500 with war hammer rail the way I want, I was going to use the Leapers front sight like you have pictured on it.

$620 delivered for a factory rifle with a lifetime warranty is a really good price I think.

you are going to love owning a carbine in 223/556....every American should be issued one at birth really

oli700 said:
you are going to love owning a carbine in 223/556

+1

Once Rossignol gets some trigger time behind one and gets use to them and how they shoot, you won't be able to pry it out of his hands :lol:

Yup, and lookin forward to it!

It seems to be a reasonably economical way to get into AR's and I'll have your threads on here Lazy for reference as I wanna change some stuff! Cuz you know I cant leave it totally stock! ;)

I think this one is a real good beginning platform, and just to get started irons arent expensive. So I'll shoot it and learn it then see what if anything I want to change or add.

The only thing off the bat I can see changing might be a stock. I like the UBR for the way it adjusts and leaves the cheek piece in place for cheek weld. Doesnt mean its necesssary though. I may find I dont need it.

Anyway, rambling at this point...

Assembled/Complete AR's

Have you looked in to those A.R.M.S. fold away A2 front sight/gas blocks?

I haven't read any reviews but the ad in a magazine caught my eye.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325954887.395048.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325954887.395048.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 629
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325954928.354976.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325954928.354976.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 629

I've seen those but before now hadnt given them much though... Good lookin out, Thanks!

I'll look into those more some more...

Rossignol said:
The only thing off the bat I can see changing might be a stock. I like the UBR for the way it adjusts and leaves the cheek piece in place for cheek weld.

If you're considering changing the stock outight, there may be a few less(er) expensive things to consider first that you may like.

First off, the Command Arms cheek piece (with battery storage for optics) is very comfortable on those M4 stocks. They just fit over the existing stock with a couple of screws and only takes a minute or two to install it.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... EIQ8wIwAw#

Here's a picture of one of the stock saddles on one of my old AR's.
Barskavarmintrig002.jpg

Barskavarmintrig001.jpg

The other recommendation I have to consider with the UBR is what used to be the Magpul M93 buttstock, although Ergo/Falcon is now making a slightly altered version called the F93. They are my favorite collapsible stock out there. They are completely solid, comfortable and IMHO, better than the UBR (minus the extra storage), but you know how opinions are. Everybody has one :lol:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4407 ... -PRO-STOCK

widowmaker015.jpg

I have seen the F93 and like it alot! I can certainly check out that saddle too!

Here's mine

Aero Precision lower
DPMS upper
DPMS LPK
Magpul B.A.D. Lever
Magpul ASAP
YHM 2 piece handguard
VTAC light mount/Surefire light
Daniel Defense rear sight
BCM buffer tube
BCM adjustable stick

The BCG has a Nickle Boron coating

The sling is just an extra I had on a hunting rifle. Looking to upgrade it.

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

Looks good MikeD !! How's she shoot...?!

Ooooh, I like it too!

I especially like the Magpul ASAP and I think thats gonna be a must have!

SHOOTER13 said:
It shoots better than I do. This is my first AR and I have a hard time finding that front sight post.

And with the elevated sights changing distances up close is a challenge. Not the fault of the gun, just my lack of training and experience with the platform.

Playing around at the local range I was shooting bowling pins with the 22lr conversion and it was dead on

I never noticed having a problem finding the front sight on mine, except in the dark.

But it will affect you more especially if you're right handed and left eye dominant, or near or far sighted or use bifocals or trifocals.

As for different point of aim's at different distances, that's because the sights are so far above the bore and some because the bullet has a rainbow trajectory that is more apparent the farther you are shooting due to gravity/bullet drop.

If you're up really close to something, you need to aim a couple of inches high on the target to hit it because the bore is below the line of your sights.

the bullet is here________ the sights are here --------- Hopefully that will explian it better. If not, think of it like this: The bullet is on the bottom, the sights are on the top ===========l

Assembled/Complete AR's

MikeD said:
SHOOTER13 said:
It shoots better than I do. This is my first AR and I have a hard time finding that front sight post.

And with the elevated sights changing distances up close is a challenge. Not the fault of the gun, just my lack of training and experience with the platform.

Playing around at the local range I was shooting bowling pins with the 22lr conversion and it was dead on
That rear sight aperture looks pretty small, I could see that making it hard to find the front sight up close, especially sweeping left or right.

I don't have experience with them so that's just my initial thought from the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back