• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Assembled/Complete AR's

Good piece of info! I had heard that before as I recall, but didnt give it much thought. It means more to me now though!

Re: Assembled/Complete AR's

bellofello said:
That rear sight aperture looks pretty small, I could see that making it hard to find the front sight up close, especially sweeping left or right.

I don't have experience with them so that's just my initial thought from the picture

There are actually 2 different rear apertures on an AR that you can (flip) change with your finger.

One is smaller, used for long range precision and zero'ing the weapon, and the other larger aperture is for close-in work and at night so it's easier to see your front sight and a little faster switching targets and such.

I always leave the large aperture up on my sights since that's the most effective for me.

If I need to be more precise at longer range, it just takes a second to change it.

AR/M4 Grips

Well, I wanna see and learn more, cuz... well, you cant leave a firearm stock. Duh.

What prompted this was actually an email I got from ERGO. I'm on their mailing list. Lets see if this works;

pink.gif

Yup. I thought immediately of GLG2! :D PINK ERGO GRIPS! No, heck no i dont want any! But what all is out there? What are the options available? What works and feels right? What should be avoided at all costs?

Help me out folks!!! ;)

Re: AR/M4 Grips

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
Real men wear pink! ;)

Oh this is totally another conversation altogether.

Respectfully I will decline trying to pull off "pink". Thanks anyway! :D

Natural colors of the rainbow work just fine, like black, grey, white, browns and tans... oh and greens as long as theyre foliage or OD.

I run Ergos on almost all of my ARs...

These things feel great and the contours are very comfortable.

Lol! I'm totally loving OD Green right now.... It might even become my new "pink". :) I even looked at AR's with the green/black... It's growing on me.

I went with a Magpul MIAD for my midlength build, but only because Ergo discontinued their foliage green...

I lile it a lot, but it's definitely not as comfortable as the Ergo.

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
Saweeet! LOL! I see nothing wrong with those, you could totally pull it off.... Real men wear pink! ;)

We call it "Salmon" color, not PINK :lol:

I love my Magpul MIAD grip, like that I can change the grip size and style to my liking. And the texture is perfect!

IMG_4727.JPG

OD is my fav too.

Lazy, those look great, and so far I think thats where I'm leanin! I havent looked at the MIAD yet... Thanks for the pics fellas! Looks good SoCal!

GLG2! OD and black looks cool! Though I just saw something from ERGO in that email, the F93 stock, will be available in Dark Earth and Black!

black_and_tan.gif

That looks great too!

I like this grip the best. It is marketed by several different companies now.

The original version is by Command Arms and is called the G27. A couple of years ago, the co-owners had a falling out and they have now ceased production of the originals.

However, several other companies are marketing the same grip under various names.

Another company calls it "Mission First"

And ATI is calling it the Strikeforce or scorpion or whatever it is.

Promag is calling it their tactical pistol grip AR15

All of these can be found at midwayusa with a quick search. The main difference is the name on the side and the price, but the overall grip is the same between them.

But here's a picture of how it looks. Very hand filling and comfortable. It's the grip I have on my SBR.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/211830 ... 16ID411450

I have an Ergo ambi on my 6.8 AR that I use for deer hunting. It's alright, but not as comfortable to me as the G27.

Hogue overmold grips are another of my favorites. They are cushiony and comfy but I don't currently own an AR with one on it again right now.

My bench rifle's wearing a Command Arms UPG16...

It has interchangeable finger grooves and backstraps for a customizeable fit. I also added a target shooting base for added comfort and support while shooting from the bench.

Hey Brad, I just realized that I have a spare Command Arms UPG16 in desert tan I bought for my SCAR but it didn't fit. It's a full 6-piece set. Let me know if you like the looks of it cause it's just takin up space in my parts drawer...

Re: M4 A3 patrol spotted at Walmarts

Not to beat a dead horse...but...

Local Wally world had 3 AR's on the rack tonight. Sig Model 400, a Bushy M4, and a .22LR Sig. The model 400 and the Bushy were both priced at $897, and the .22LR Sig was priced at $487.

Not too bad, but not great either for any of the three. I was just amazed that Wally World had them at all ;-P

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You've gotta take a lot of that stuff over there with a grain of salt.

There are folks there that think if it's not a Colt, Noveske, or Larue, then it's a piece of junk. Just about every new product is gonna have a few bugs on the initial run and the M&P Sport was no exception. I can't wait to hear what they have to say about the new Mossberg MMR once they start hitting the shelves.

QFT! While there is a lot of good info over there you often have to work really hard to find it. There is a also a lot of "operators", fan boys and trolls that just like to bash anything that they don't feel is up to snuff. I lasted one day on that forum, I return occasionally to seach for specific things but I'll never post over there.

Rossignol said:
Natural colors of the rainbow work just fine, like black, grey, white, browns and tans... oh and greens as long as theyre foliage or OD.

Boy, what have you been smoking?

I ain't never seen a rainbow that looked like that.

LOL

But I have seen a rainbow at night before. I think those are called moonbows though.

My walmart had two a while back for about the same price.

One was a nuetered postban Sig that had a non-threaded barrel and A2 fixed stock and looked like a 10 round magazine.

The other was a plain jane Bushmaster like you describe. And still almost $175 over dealer cost. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back