• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR lower

Ooops. I might be semi responsible for that decision lol.

If run across somewhere with that barrel you want in stock I'll let you know.

Carbine 9 3/4"
Midlength 11 3/4"
Rifle length 15 1/8"

If the description states Mid or Midlength where you are shopping for a tube you should be good to go if they dont specifically state 11 3/4" as well.

FYI that handguard you linked to is for a carbine length gas system. Your gas block will be 9 inches from the upper receiver on the midlength barrel your after and will be left exposed if that is of any concern. If you are going to have a set screw only gas block and not have it pinned this may not be the best option on a hard use rifle. Some will suggest against this entirely. For most folks it will be a non concern. Something to think about if you have any doubts about it getting smacked against something and the block shifting out of alignment. Brings up another point. Is this barrel dimpled for a set screw or not? If not you will have to do it yourself or find a machinist/gunsmith for that.

Unless you have a specific reason to want a shorter tube and don't mind an exposed block then go for it. I'd have it additionally pinned if thats the case for peace of mind. Otherwise 11 to 12 inches will be more than sufficient to get the block completely under the tube. Additional bonus is you can have a longer sight radius if you intend to mount a front iron sight at somepoint. However the longer a tube is means more material being utilized and will add some weight to the front end. This might be good or bad depending on how you view it.

Good luck with your tube search.

Last edited:
Go for it. I'd rather see you support Anderson which is an American company who employs many US Vets than to opt for some of the other low cost rails out there that are made in the far east etc.........

LES...I saw that you posted it I really liked it and that it wasn't expensive!

Unless someone knows of a better option?

Gotcha. I understand completely. I wanted mine all at once but had to do it in stages as well.
Im not gonna lie that Zombie one that Anderson has is kinda cool. It would compliment my Spikes Zombie lower lol.

Last edited:
I'm at that point where I can afford a hand guard kit from anderson, I'm going free float with 16" barrel what length hand guard will I need want to cover the gas block?

I like the long guards. This is a 13.5" on a 16" barrel.
uvedazet.jpg

The offer a 12" and 14.25" kit figured the 14" was for 20" or rifle length barrel?
these days it doesn't matter if its free floating. Technically a 9 inch is for a carbine, 12 inch for a rifle and those hand guards will come up to the gas block, idea being the front sight tower is in the way. With the advent of lo pro gas blocks and rail mounted front sights , free float hand guards can go past the muzzle if one was so inclined. Originally meant to get a longer sight radius with the free float tube but now people do it because it looks cool in a picture over on arfcom

I built mine with a 12" free float ,rifle gas and a railed block....

One of my buddies gave me a smokin' deal on a utg pro 13" free float handguard hope to have it in my possession in the next few days! Hope I did well?

Back