• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR lower

Sounds good if the deal was killer. I've never been a huge fan of UTG in general although I've been told these days the quality is much improved over what they were offering a few years ago. I hope it works out for you. As long as it mounts up solid it should.

I almost passed it by until I did some reading I decided what the heck why not? Its pretty much brand new he changed his mind on the handguard pics when it arrives!

Still got a bit of waiting to do next month the barrel!

Don't get excited guys I just kinda threw it together heres a pic of what it will look like!

Attachments

• 20140708_130550.jpg
    20140708_130550.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 14
Yes it is a lot of work. Lots to learn and a lot of pleasure too.

none of it was work to me, pure enjoyment and a little frustration but never considered it a chore

Sure I got frustrated when those tiny detents went flying across the room but I got over it alot of thanks to everyone that helped along the way! Can't wait to pull the trigger!

A good friend of mine showed me a nifty solution for those pesky detents...

Detent Tool.JPG

Drill a 3/32" hole through a 1/4" dowel about 1/4" from the end. Slide the dowel right through the pivot pin holes from the back side and line the hole in the dowel up with the spring/detent hole in the lower. Drop in the spring, drop in the detent, and push them in with a 3/32" punch until you feel the punch contact the lower. Use the punch to rotate the dowel until the detent is blocked in. Leave the dowel in place and remove the punch. Using the pivot pin, line up the channel with the detent, and slowly push out the dowel. When you feel/hear the detent click into place you're done.

Takes a while to type, but only about thirty seconds to actually do it...

A good friend of mine showed me a nifty solution for those pesky detents...

View attachment 6106

Drill a 3/32" hole through a 1/4" dowel about 1/4" from the end. Slide the dowel right through the pivot pin holes from the back side and line the hole in the dowel up with the spring/detent hole in the lower. Drop in the spring, drop in the detent, and push them in with a 3/32" punch until you feel the punch contact the lower. Use the punch to rotate the dowel until the detent is blocked in. Leave the dowel in place and remove the punch. Using the pivot pin, line up the channel with the detent, and slowly push out the dowel. When you feel/hear the detent click into place you're done.

Takes a while to type, but only about thirty seconds to actually do it...

Nice tip. I bought one of these. Basically the same thing.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/91...nt-and-roll-pin-installation-tool-ar-15-steel

Yep that detent shooting across the room sucks especially if you can't find it.

images

built up an AR10 not to long ago and there were some cool features, improvements I thought ......like instead of a roll pin for the bolt catch it was a long shaft screw. I found the biggest pain was the roll pin that holds the bolt catch on the AR15 lower, they should all be changed to the screw like the 308's

Sheeit. No argument here either.

rdm76mav88............ Whats your guesstimate on when your gonna be able to put some down range with this build? So far its looking great BTW.

Hope to have it ready for my birthday next month my b-day gift :) gas block, tube and some decent BUIS, a mount for the sweet red/green dot from JohnA should wrap things up! Got 3 30rnd mags for it still need some ammo!

Hope to sight it in and send some down range soon! until then I got my utg flip up sights, red dot and mount in the last few days almost done! Pic to come after resize!

Back