• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battlefield 3

I used to collect game systems, but sadly my first apartment was in a bad side of town and someone broke in and stole all my s**t. I was dj'ing at the time to and they got over 1500 cd's about $8k in dj'ing equipment and a couple laptops. I just have emulators on my computer with adapters to plug the old controllers into USB and play that way.

Dave, sweet system! One day, maybe I'll know more about that stuff and I'll get a good one again!

Oli, I'm stumped.

Sneaky, that sux man! I hate thieving!!!

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I used to collect game systems, but sadly my first apartment was in a bad side of town and someone broke in and stole all my s**t. I was dj'ing at the time to and they got over 1500 cd's about $8k in dj'ing equipment and a couple laptops. I just have emulators on my computer with adapters to plug the old controllers into USB and play that way.

that just sucks hard. i feel for ya man. i hate thieves!

im waiting for MW3, but my buddy raves about BF, so I might have to try the beta...i did buy BF: Bad Company 2, but didnt like the gameplay and went right back to MW2

Bf3 beta demo is available on PS now.

I downloaded it over the weekend and got hooked. Same map over and over, but I ended up playing for hours. I think I am close to level 8 now...

I couldn't play to much over the weekend. I wish it was at least 2 maps, or if they need to use 1 at least give us some vehicles or planes or something...eh? whiskey, tango, foxtrot, over.

I got the SV98 unlocked for the sniper class and have been rippin it up at 500-600 yards out. I love that you actually have to calculate bullet drop and movement into your shots with Battlefield.

Here is some trivia for you guys.

Henderson Industries Inc is a very small gun shop here in Vegas. (Henderson is connected to Las Vegas).

Here is a posting from the owner....

We started Henderson Defense almost 5 years ago and now our M4's are being features on EA's Battlefield 3 video game. This is the first trailer being released by EA and :54 seconds into the video you can see our logo on the carbine. All of the automatic HD4's (and the M249, M240 and M2HB) are from our inventory.

Some rep's showed up to our facility and liked everything they saw and the next thing you know, NFL players are running and gunning with HDI weapon systems. This is the first release of the trailer series but at :54 seconds into the video you can see the logo on our automatic HD4 rifle.

Here is a pic of one of our receivers...
hdinp3coatedupperandlow.jpg

The video was filmed in Nelson, NV which is 38 miles away from the Vegas strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUdKb5OU ... re=related

Xbox version....

Did you all know about the glitch at "A"? if you're on the American side, then it's on your left. you will see a little ditch/gulley in the dirt area, just to the right of the radar/ satellite dish dive prone, and you will "fall" in the ditch glitch. Apparently everyone has found it that I have played with last night. Everyone was scrambling to get to it. Whatever. Obviously they are in it to win it, by cheating. Hopefully Dice fixes it before the game's released, but then again, it's just an early version of the game, and not the final version.

I am not enjoying it that much. So far I like BC2 better. There is another glitch like that with a little hill you fall in. There are people that make it not fun, those with no life......how do you kill that which has no life. I wish they would take prone away again because now everyone just belly crawls everywhere..down hall ways come on. I run past someone I think is dead and they shoot you in the back and then there are dead bodies you shoot because you think they are prone. I will buy the game because I think once there is vehicles it will feel more like Battlefield and less like Call of Duty. The classes will have more of a function. The Co Op will be sweet for the campaign. I just hate the run and gun, I want to play a little more slow and deliberate. That’s why I choose to play BF and not COD multiplayer.My kid is awesome at COD I cant even stand to watch him play...after the 25th knife kill on someone unloading an MP5 on him, just stupid.

I'm not a run n gun person either....I like taking my time. Call me a camper. But at least after I make a kill, I move to a new corner. I don't do prone much either. I do like crouching. I think it gives me more gun control. And in cod it makes you a little quieter when walking, without using ninja.

Just FYI guys, this is just a BF3 BETA. The shapes are still being rendered, glitches worked on, and so on. I dont know how critical we can be of this game yet.

Oli- As for MW2, I sincerely hope the developers get rid of some of the perks and equipment that make the game so unrealistic and stupid to play against some of the players who abuse them. Marathon classes with Tac Knifes...One Man Army which gives you unlimited M203 grenades....Tac Inserts (boosters suck!)....Heartbeat Sensors....and so on....

That being said, I still love MW2...I'm a sucker for it

No no..I do understand thats its just a beta. But I just wanted to let ya'll know about it.
I'm with ya on the perks. I ******* hate last stand. That is so dumb. Why would they keep that in a hardcore mode? WTH good is it playing HC if thats in there?

COFirefighter said:
Oli- As for MW2, I sincerely hope the developers get rid of some of the perks and equipment that make the game so unrealistic and stupid to play against some of the players who abuse them. Marathon classes with Tac Knifes...One Man Army which gives you unlimited M203 grenades....Tac Inserts (boosters suck!)....Heartbeat Sensors....and so on....

That being said, I still love MW2...I'm a sucker for it

I guess the problem I have is they try to sell it as a sim of sorts and then they add the things like you listed. Bottom line is it’s a video game and unrealistic is the beauty of a video game but if they are going to sell it as "real" then they need to try to keep it "real" .....Like the difference between NFL Blitz and Madden. That’s how I look at BF vs COD . Blitz is fun , it looks good but I choose to play Madden because I like simulations. I choose to play Battlefield for the same reasons. I like COD as well but just the campaigns.

One thing I really do like in BF is that the buildings are reactive to damage/explosions. If there's a camper you can bring the whole building down on him with a mortar strike and flush him out/kill him. I guess you could chalk that up to BF being more of a "real" depiction of warfare.

Notice it's always BF vs COD, you never hear about Medal of Honor.

To each his own I suppose.

ripjack13 said:
+1 on that Oli.

Oh, I’m a vidiot from way back. Only had 3 stations where I grew up and 2 of those dint come in that great so yeah me, Atari, a 14 inch BW tv spent a couple of winters together….OG :lol:

COFirefighter said:
Notice it's always BF vs COD, you never hear about Medal of Honor.
Thats because the multiplayer on Medal of Honor straight up sucked IMO. Campaigns had good moments and was average good play at best.

COFirefighter said:
To each his own I suppose.

No doubt , would suck if we were all the same.....Respect ;)

Back