• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Beretta

Brad, I'm thrilled that you've got a 92FS coming. They are great pistols.

I once read a news article of an Air Force Staff Sergeant on the USAF Pistol Team who took an out of the box bone stock Beretta 92 with 200-practice rounds thru it for reliability check....
..... and he took First Place in a sanctioned service pistol competition with it.

I'm happy for you!

My wife has gotten over the new gun thing.

She's come to terms with the fact that it's in my blood and has either accepted it, or she's become numb to it. Either way, now she just shakes her head when I walk through the door with a new one and then goes on about her business. It was a battle of will and I think over time I just wore her down... :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, as long as the bills are paid and the Mrs. is well taken care of.......

IT'S GO TIME!!!

Rip's Grips! I had told GLG2 that name.....I think now it's a keeper!!!

Lookin good!

Well, the 92FS is on hold for now. I cant afford to get it out of lay-away, so i went today and got the money back I had on it. Sux, but it goes that way sometimes.

The good news is, I found a 9mm I really like and fits well for me. I can order one down the road I suppose.

There's definitely no shortage of 92's out there and I'll betcha Beretta's gonna hold on to that model for a while. :D

The funds will come, and so will the 92.

Beretta .380

Looking at possibly getting a .380, I've been eying the Beretta 84 with a double stack magazine and 13 round magazine capacity. I don't know much about the .380's, having never owned one...

Yet I do know the .380 is not an overly powerful handgun cartridge and for my purpose it doesn't need to be powerful it just needs to be. At first blush the Beretta 84 seems to fits that description.

That leaves me with the questions of reliability, durability and accuracy. They are rather expensive handguns...so before I drop 500 plus on a pea shooter, I would like to get some feedback...

Thanks

Re: Beretta .380

Beretta has been making .380 pistols since the early 1900's, the most prolific of which was the m1934. As far as reliability, durability, and accuracy goes, the model 84 Cheetah is an excellent weapon.

I own seven Berettas, but haven't added a model 84 to the collection mainly because I have always felt the Cheetah was a bit expensive compared to other .380 options and a bit too large for a CC pistol. The model 84 just seems a bit impractical considering that there is a wide variety of 9mm, .40S&W, and even .45ACP pistols available for around the same price and in the same size. I carry a .380 on occasion but chose to go with a smaller, lighter option.

All that said, if you like the model 84 and are comfortable with the size, then go for it. I doubt you'll be disappointed with its performance...

Thanks, LES...good info, the 84FS promising, yet expensive, and the clerk at the LGS, who let me look at the 84FS they had for sale said basically the same thing...
I'll pass on the 84FS and look elswhere...Again Thanks...

Gunner said:
Thanks, LES...good info, the 84FS promising, yet expensive, and the clerk at the LGS, who let me look at the 84FS they had for sale said basically the same thing...
I'll pass on the 84FS and look elswhere...Again Thanks...

No problem Sir,

Have you taken a look at the Bersa Thunder .380? It's a great CC option, but isn't so small that it's uncomfortable to shoot. Very easy to handle and can be had for around $300. We've got one and it's been super reliable. My BUG of choice is the Kahr P380, but it's a tiny little bugger and a bit more expensive. Keep us posted and let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
I need something...for around the house...that won't blow the bark off the trees...I'm not looking for a concealed carry in public type of gun where smaller is preferable...Back to square one...Bersa eh?

Added another to the collection...

The M9A1 has been on my wish list for a long while now and I finally got my hands on this one yesterday.

I like these too!!! In fact was just lookin at them on Berettas site, not much difference in price vs. the 92FS...

The grips on that one are awesome!!!

Thank you Sir!

The grips are aluminum panels from Alumagrips. They were selling 'em on the Beretta web store for a while, but looks they're sold out now.

Back