• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CT School Shooting

Re: Connecticut School shooting.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to all the families touched by today's tragedy, I am so disappointed today with humanity, just what have we become as humans. Today's events was just pure evil at its best, where do we as a nation go from here. Where do we began to look for answers, the fabric of this great Republic is starting to unravel, our rights are fading at an alarming rate, the attack on the constitution has begun. The very foundation, the 2nd amendment, the very cornerstone of our Bill of Rights. Without this right the others really don't matter. The founding fathers put it in as a way to protect us as citizens against tyrannical rule. Now with the NDAA act our own Government has the right to use the military on its own citizens when they put that certain "tag" upon them. As a gun owner and as a student of history, when countries impose an aggressive gun ban it does not work out well for the citizen, remember Hitler, 13 million Jews died. "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort , to protect themselves against tyranny in Government" Thomas Jefferson.

The libs took to twitter yesterday even before half the facts were in and the crime scene even cleared. They are despicable. Some are really...ummmmm...blatent in their stupidity. That's the nicest I can say it.

“Too soon to speak out about a gun-crazy nation? No, too late,” tweeted “Bowling for Columbine” Director Michael Moore. “At least THIRTY-ONE school shootings since Columbine. The way to honor these dead children is to demand strict gun control, free mental health care, and an end to violence as public policy.” Michael Moore

CNN’s Piers Morgan tweeted: “Another day, another horrific shooting. America’s gun culture has to change. When will America deal with its gun madness? Any moment now, a gun nut will tweet me saying, ‘If all the kids in that school had been armed, the shooters would have been stopped…”

One person reminded Morgan that White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, while there is a day to talk about gun-control policy, “today is not that day.”

But Morgan countered, “White House spokesman Jay Carney’s right – today’s not the day to debate gun control. YESTERDAY was the day to debate it.” He also said the tragedy led to what is “now President Obama’s biggest test – will he have the courage to stand up to the American gun lobby?”

President Obama - “We’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this regardless of the politics.”

Michael Bloomberg demanded Obama take “immediate action. The country needs him to send a bill to Congress to fix this problem, Calling for ‘meaningful action’ is not enough. We need immediate action. We have heard all the rhetoric before. What we have not seen is leadership – not from the White House and not from Congress. That must end today. This is a national tragedy and it demands a national response.”

Current TV host John Fugelsang - “America likes guns the way the rest of the world likes soccer. Guns don’t kill people. People in states without gun-purchase background checks & waiting periods kill people.”

“Across the Universe” actress Evan Rachel Wood tweeted: “What is it going to take? #guncontrol”

Singer-songwriter Michelle Branch- “Gun control people!!! My heart is breaking. As a parent this is my worst nightmare.”

“Parks & Recreation” star Rashida Jones concurred: “Gun control is our only road to freedom. Freedom from the fear of senselessly losing children. I’m so saddened. WE NEED LAWS NOW.”

Actress Mia Farrow took to Twitter to declare: “gun control is no longer debatable – it’s not a ‘conversation’ – It’s a moral mandate.”

Comedian Patton Oswalt - “Yeah, I’ll wade right the f–k into this: MORE gun control, MORE mental health services. It’s no longer a debate. Never was. #newtown”

Actor Alec Baldwin tweeted: “One storm after another…. #GunControlNow.”

David Frum, former speech writer for George W. Bush- “Shooting at CT elementary school. Obviously, we need to lower the age limit for concealed carry so toddlers can defend themselves.”
In a column posted on the Daily Beast, Frum refused to apologize for his tweet, adding: “A permissive gun regime is not the only reason that the United States suffers so many atrocities like the one in Connecticut. An inadequate mental health system is surely at least as important a part of the answer, as are half a dozen other factors arising from some of the deepest wellsprings of American culture.

“Nor can anybody promise that more rational gun laws would prevent each and every mass murder in this country. Gun killings do occur even in countries that restrict guns with maximum severity.

“But we can say that if the United States worked harder to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, there would be many, many fewer atrocities like the one in Connecticut.”

New York Times media columnist David Carr - “If any other plague was leaving piles of dead bodies all over the country, including children, our country would figure it out.”

Actor and director Adam Shankman reminded America about the bloodbath in Aurora, Colo. in his tweet: “This year: CO movie theater, OR mall, and now CT school. How many innocents must die before we enforce more gun control! Prayer for #newton”

The killing spree at the Connecticut elementary school came just months after July’s “Dark Knight Rises” massacre in an Aurora theater.

Herman Cain tweeted: “I am disgusted by those who want to get into the politics of today’s violence. Shame on Michael Moore & MSNBC.”

In his appearance on “The O’Reilly Factor,” Geraldo Rivera declared, “I want an armed cop at every school. … We have to protect these children as if they were gold, as if they were the fissionable material in atom bombs. This is the worst thing ever. … It is so unconscionable, it is beyond description. ‘Evil’ doesn’t do it.”

Host Bill O’Reilly replied, “There is an evil in the universe. You can’t stop it. We just have to deal with it. … There’s nothing we can do.”

Its true there is evil in this world. There is no way to stop that.

I understand the outrage, as a parent of three children, seriously I do. If it happened here, I couldn't tell you how I would feel because I can't imagine the pain and loss and anger that is bein felt by those in this situation. I can only offer prayer and try to empathize.

Unfortunately, I can't, in all honesty, relate to that level of pain. As I type this, my three are on their own, prayin and giving thanks for their breakfast.

How is anyone goin to tell the parents of the lost children we don't need greater gun control? I'm tryin to imagine myself in that position, but my children are still here. I don't think more gun control is the answer, but can you imagine bein among those parents and bein told that?

Its in our nature to figure out how and why these things happen, to identify the failure and address them, to find some resolution. I really feel the parents deserve more time before it gets to a political hellstorm...

I'm just wakin up and probably ramblin again, havin a hard time with complete thoughts.

I am still without words from this event.
As someone that fights for gun rights in CT I am without a voice to argue with the anti's at this moment.
I can however share this with my forum friends. She was from my town and died a hero yesterday :cry:
This was something that I got from Facebook.

523736_4820223498763_1934222138_n.jpg

This is Victoria Soto, and although I didn't know her, she is my hero. I don't know too much about her, but I know a lot of people who do know her and she's amazing. Victoria was a Stratford high graduate and only 27. She was killed today after she hid her first graders in closets and cabinets and told the shooter they were in the gym. He killed her and not one of her children were harmed. I have never been more proud to be from Stratford or to be a teacher. God bless Victoria, her family and friends, and all of those who were involved today in anyway. Victoria is a true hero.

LTB45 said:
I am still without words from this event.
As someone that fights for gun rights in CT I am without a voice to argue with the anti's at this moment.
I can however share this with my forum friends. She was from my town and died a hero yesterday :cry:
This was something that I got from Facebook.

523736_4820223498763_1934222138_n.jpg

This is Victoria Soto, and although I didn't know her, she is my hero. I don't know too much about her, but I know a lot of people who do know her and she's amazing. Victoria was a Stratford high graduate and only 27. She was killed today after she hid her first graders in closets and cabinets and told the shooter they were in the gym. He killed her and not one of her children were harmed. I have never been more proud to be from Stratford or to be a teacher. God bless Victoria, her family and friends, and all of those who were involved today in anyway. Victoria is a true hero.

I am truly in awe of this young lady's story. They don't get much more heroic than that! Thank you for sharing. Take care. Tom Worthington.

How is anyone goin to tell the parents of the lost children we don't need greater gun control? I'm tryin to imagine myself in that position, but my children are still here. I don't think more gun control is the answer, but can you imagine bein among those parents and bein told that?
Good question and yes, none of us can truly relate to what they are going through. This would be as close as I can come to relate. In 1990 I was a young just married guy and planning my first gun purchase. My father in law committed suicide with a .22 in their garage. It was horrible and I don't wish the agony he or the family went through on my worst enemy. Initially my wife had just as much anger for the gun as she did for her dad and what he did. There was no way I was going to tell her otherwise. Years later the Clinton ban talk finally spurred me to talk to her about it and I picked up my Hi-Power as long as she never saw it. On her own she eventually came to understand that it wasn't the guns fault. It was only this year that she showed an interest in my guns.

I still think it's disgusting that while we mourn the senseless loss, the anti's are plotting to use the tradgedy for gain. No one will ever tell me Obama didn't fake his tears yesterday. This is a guy that voted for late term abortion for viable babies and that if somehow they were born alive the doctor was under no obligation to help the baby.

LTB45, thank you so much for sharing that and putting a name and a face on that brave woman, may God rest her soul.

Rossignol said:

There isn't much you can tell them. Statistically the number of killings like this are miniscule compared to the number of people that own/carry, but that is no consolation to those that have lost to this type of event or those that are just plain scared of guns in any shape or form.

Hy heart goes out to all the families involved in this tragedy

Surely, this incident illustrates that there really is both Good and Evil in the world. Evil is not merely just a generic word that describes bad things. Take care. Tom Worthington.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/gun-control-laws-failed-connecticut-children/?cat_orig=politics

Pretty good article on the number of laws that Lanza broke to commit his heinous acts. He also wasn't admitted into the school office but rather broke in. I have read that he tried to buy weapons the week before and was denied. This only serves to illustrate that a person hell bent on doing evil will find a way to accomplish what they intend to do.

So let's see now: We have a complete a-hole that plans to die and take as many others with him as he can. we have endless laws in place that that can be broken. We have a school security system that can be defeated easily by someone that wants in and doesn't care about the consequences of that. The liberals want to make even more laws and suppress the rights of those that follow the law because that will stop the evil doer? Yeah, right.

I have been buzzed into my kids school and thought that the security will only stop someone that wouldn't break any laws anyway. It struck me that it was there to make people feel better and safer while not really doing either. The only thing that will make the sheep safe from the wolf is the same thing that was used to destroy life in CT and that is an armed person in the right place at the right time.

Sorry to drone on so long and pretty much say what Oli did a lot quicker.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those lost in this tragedy.....

The level of discust I feel for the shooter is only matched by the feeling I have for the politicians and media who are using this nightmare as fuel for their political agenda.

Could not agree more TIm, the disinformation on this is massive...every news outlet has a different story. Don't forget the Hollywood elite, they are having a field day with this as well. Those who hide behind walls, gates and armed security seem to have the biggest mouths of all. When all the attention should be on the victims, survivors and heros of this tragic event the left wing mouth pieces and news media go off the deep end...its sick.

Re: Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

Oregon representative Dennis Richardson is making a push for trained and armed.........teachers, in Oregon. As you can imagine there are a lot of teachers for it here.
Never heard this before but I could see some complacent teacher losing a gun in the school or kids plotting to get a pistol.....because they are kids....On the other hand there is no denying if teachers were armed in Conn ……well I don’t know if it’s an answer or if it belongs here but its opposite of Feinstein so I put it in

EDIT: Not to mention that if some of my teachers were armed, I would probably end up shot lol

I believe that is more the direction we need to go oli, these cowards shooting up innocents don't have the guts to faced an armed target

I hear ya, and welcome to the site

I actually don't think that's the way to go BUT some people are more than capable, and I'm certain even some with combat/military experience, but a general "gun in every classroom", I am certain would be an abysmal failure. And would not be a feasible answer.

Even if there was a gun available to a teacher, teachers are not trained to defend and possibly take a life, the legalities of such, and many simply are not mentally prepared or capable of such. Besides, many teachers (especially college teachers) are lock step in line with the far left thinking anyway and probably would make a choice not to use it anyway.

What needs done is leave the 2nd amendment alone, but address the root of the cause, and that's mental health.

The media tries to find "answers" to why a crazy does these things, but there is no defined logic in a madmans thoughts. There is no reason behind it. And no sane person would do these acts.

I have heard the last several shootings weren't even caused by the guns' owners, but by people who stole the guns.

Sen. McCarthy, if you are reading this, Colin Fergesun is sadly another prime example of someone with mental issues. You of all people should understand that a madmans thought process is not the same as you or I. Otherwise, why would they do what they do?

So it obviously is not a problem with the law abiding that the left wants to destroy, but those hellbent on doing harm no matter the means. I am calling a spade a spade.

Fienstein and McCarthy have it wrong.

That is nothing more than another checkmark on their personal agenda that she's been on their plate for years and years.

As much as they would want us to believe that it was "the guns" fault, it is not.

Lower capacity magazines mean nothing. The shoulder things that goes up mean nothing. Bayonets are antiquated and mean nothing.

Please put the blame where the blame goes. On the people who do these acts, and leave the rest of the honest, mentally capable law abiding citizens that would never do such a thing alone.

Gun owners are in full support to try to help make things safer for all of us. But banning guns, or making smaller magazines is not addressing the real issue.

I'm all for keeping the crazies away from guns.

You want us to lock up our guns to keep them off the streets? Well, I want you to keep the crazies off of the streets so I can.

If you can do that, maybe we can sit down and have a meaningful conversation. If not, then both of us are wasting our time.

I had heard another proposal, from TX I think, to let any teacher with a concealed carry, carry on campus.

Nothing so obvious as a mandate to put a handgun in every room, or train teachers to handle firearms, just to remove the "gun free zone" status and allow anyone of them with a ccw to carry, even at school should they want.

I'm not necessarily for having armed teachers (edit - unless they are trained) but I would be agreeable to an armed law enforcement officer in the schools. He could also teach gun safety and what to do in a crisis situation too.

When we have something valuable in this country, how is it protected? By a gun. I think of armored cars, gold, military bases, government offices etc. Kids are worth protecting. We protect other valuables with a gun. Of course we know that if a school is protected by an armed person, they evil doers will target a different place.

How many laws did Timothy McVeigh break? I believe we already had laws about building giant bombs to blow up federal buildings.

Edit post:
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/county-police-chief-recommends-arming-school-personnel/
St. Louis police chief wants to arm civilians at schools. Wouldn't it drive the anti's crazy if this thought took off as the best solution? I doubt that will happen with the media we have controlling public thought but it would be nice.

Our counties central high school has had a dedicated deputy sheriff since it consolidated 5 years ago.

The deputies salary is paid just like any other deputy.

By taxes.

In our case, I'm not sure that it is really necessary, but I don't mind paying the extra $1 and something a year in school taxes that I already pay. Money well spent in my humble opinion if for nothing else a piece of mind.

Plus, there is a lot less drugs going around at school now, and I see that as another added benefit because they come through randomly with their drug K9.

I have no complaints whatsoever with an leo on school campuses.

These are the names you should remember, not the douche bag who took their lives....

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Olivia Engel, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Jesse Lewis, 6
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Emilie Parker, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Josephine Gay, 7
Grace McDonnell, 7
Daniel Barden, 7

Lauren Rousseau, 30...a permanent substitute teacher.
Mary Sherlach, 56...the school's psychologist, was shot to death after heading into the hall to find out what was happening.
Victoria Soto, 27...a first-grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary.
Anne Marie Murphy, 52...her body was found in a classroom, covering children in an apparent attempt to shield them.
Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, 47...Sandy Hook Elementary School's principal.
Rachel D'Avino, 29..her best friend was about to propose, He had recently asked Rachel's parents for permission, and he was planning to ask for her hand in marriage on Christmas Eve.

May God Bless them...

Back