• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CZ

ripjack13 said:
Great pick of all the brass! I set it as my wallpaper on my phone....thanx.

Edit...omg. it looks so ******* cool on there!
.... I did the same thing :lol: Birds of a feather I guess.

Well I put 400 rounds through it today. I had a blast with it. Had a few other pistols but put it up side by side with an XDm9. As far as accuracy it was a wash and that is good because I feel the XDm is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever shot just under my Contender and MkII Gov. Every other aspect of it was CZ by far for me. Much faster on target, ergos, steadiness, and just felt much smoother shooting in general, the triggers were about the same pull but I feel the CZ broke cleaner, I did lighten the hammer spring in the CZ from a 20lb to a 16lb.
I didn’t save any targets but it shoots good groups, all low and to the left.
I tried to drift the rear sight over at the range but it was just too tight for what I had to work with. I got it moved at home I know what to take with me next time to dial in the windage. Unfortunately I can’t do much about the elevation other than learn to shoot it where it is, who knows it might have shaped up a little after I moved the widage. I like to hold my sights at 6 o’clock and the CZ shoots a little low so I'll get used to it but would rather it shot high if I had my choice.
It is very sweet shooting and I could have easily sat there and burned 1000 round or more. 5 kinds of ammo and not a wince and it recoils about like a 380 or a little less. We went to a real range today and I had the only CZ in an ocean of XD's and Glocks. There were some good shooters out there, much better than me. It made me want to practice much more than I do with handguns.

Good to hear you are happy with it...

ripjack13 said:

I knowed he would be. ;)

P.S. if it still consistently shoots low after really getting used to it, file down the front sight or order a shorter front sight........ :geek:

nitesite said:
ripjack13 said:

I knowed he would be. ;)

P.S. if it still consistently shoots low after really getting used to it, file down the front sight or order a shorter front sight........ :geek:
^ What he said. That's about the recommended way to adjust most handgun sights that aren't adjustable for elevation.

I dont know about filing on a tritium sight. It did cross my mind but I woulds rather buy a lower front .....or file some off the bottom and move the hole up for the pin ??

Thanks for the right up Oli! 400 rounds sounds like a great time!!!

I know what you mean about it making you feel like practicin much much more!

I actually have the same issue with my 1911 firing low. I've tried a 6'oclock hold lining up the tritiums, I've tried table topping the sights rather than the dots... still low. I've found I just have to cover my target.

yeah B, the 400 went fast, I literally could have put another 400 no problem...I hate to cover the target so much I will end up doing something about it if I have too much of a time with it.

The pistol is was awesome and I half expected it to make me look good but nope.....nothing is that good :lol:

On a plus I shot with it the first time better than I ever shot the P89 that got stolen. A lot of my shooting was at 25 yards with some at 10 when I could get out there and set up a target because there were a ton of people at the range. There are steels set up at 25 yards that the range put out there.

The CZ reminded me of a big Browning high power....if I had to compare it to another weapon.

Dang dude... it sounds like a sweet handgun, wish I could find one to handle myself personally rather than the older 75b at the gun store. I really wanna check one out!

I'll be waiting for range report number two!!! :D

Mine feels like a grandfather, but I figured i'd share my CZ 52 with you all. It's an older picture, I'll get some better ones in the near future.

Beautiful guns I've seen on here though!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1331610697.619140.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1331610697.619140.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 195
She shoots great. When I take it out again (kind of a safe queen at the moment) I'll make sure to get a few more images and maybe a video. I just hate the magazine release. It handles with all the grace of a drunk elephant. But it's always fun to take out!

This is part of my stepfather's collection but it's a typical outing before we load the 4 wheelers up. Too many choices :D

Edit: all the typos. Typing on an IPad sucks.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1331611528.302709.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1331611528.302709.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 187
We unusually don't go out with this much, but we had family in town and wanted to show off. I never got a picture of the back of the truck with all the clays and shotguns. The Glock 23 is my HD and all around fun times gun. The .22 revolver was brought for my now wife who had never been shooting before. The .38 combat special and rifle (not ar) were also pulled out for my now wife and are part of my stepfather's collection. And the AR15 (RRA if you care) was my newest purchase and was getting ready to be shot for the first time!

And thanks for the compliments, I'll try to score some more pictures of the bigger part of the collection when I get some time, the Mosin being my newest and in 6-8 weeks when my Mossberg arrives, they'll go up as well

Oli, you still lookin for a holster?

Do you like leather? SG Ammo has original CZ 75 leather police holsters in unissued condition for $24.95. They will fit standard and compact pistols and have both right and left hand models, but they say to email for availability first on the lefties.

IMG_0294_0.JPG

IMG_0296_0.JPG

IMG_0297_0.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

you'll have to um..umm..send it to him. yeah! that's it! you have to send him your cz so he can make a pattern for it...
riiiight brad? ;)

Back